Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2010, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have the Cinema Club DVD of Cannibal Apocalypse, minus 2 seconds of BBFC censored rat burning footage.Anyone know whether this minor cut will be restored for Optimum's release? If the BBFC can restore Inferno's mouse chomping scenes surely they could restore this cut too.
Old 9th June 2010, 04:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's still cut.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 9th June 2010, 05:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Without wanting to start another censorship bun fight, does anyone have an idea why Cannibal Apocalypse is cut for rat burning but Rats - Night Of Terror is not?

Is is simply a question of vicinity to the camera/focus of the shot? t's been many years since last I saw Cannibal Apocalypse and I can't remember the scene. The burning rat in Rats - NOT is not the focus of the shot in question.
Old 9th June 2010, 05:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've always wondered about that. The treatment of the rats in Rats is appaling but the bbfc have never cut it, even though it's been confirmed by the cast and crew that the rats were deliberately harmed during the shoot. (apparently some of them complained but no one cared)

I don't think the shot in CA was intentional, I think the rat just got caught by the flames as it was running around.

The rat burning sequence in Wild Beasts is disgusting.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 9th June 2010, 06:41 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

They should have burned the big Roland Rat character at the end of RATS NIGHT OF TERROR.....
Demoncrat likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:10 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Cannibal Apocalypse

You already know the technical characteristics of this dvd?
Will also have italian audio?
Is there any news??

thanks
Old 10th June 2010, 08:37 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Mine should arrive tomorrow,I'll let you know.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd July 2010, 01:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
That would be great. The two scenes to compare closely are the decapitation (possibly trimmed by 1-3 seconds) and the soldering iron torture scene. The BBFC list the cuts as 22 secs though they may not have been made at all.
Well finally after 2 months I managed to compared the decapitation & soldering iron torture scenes in The Exterminator between the Synergy release & the Optimum release.

I can honestly say the scenes looked identical on both. I think the decapitation scene is pretty much intact, both releases have the same fade out from the girl screaming as the soldering iron torture starts to the scene with Christopher George & Samantha Eggar in the park, so as far as I can tell both releases are the same version apart from the Synergy version being in Widescreen & having the original trailer as an extra.

You make it easy.
Old 2nd July 2010, 07:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue:

Attachment 5434

I reviewed that release here;

http://www.flash-bang-movie-reviews....ving_dead.html

I was disappointed that the release never mirrored that of the Blue Underground version, with a Blu-Ray and extras.
Old 2nd July 2010, 02:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
Well finally after 2 months I managed to compared the decapitation & soldering iron torture scenes in The Exterminator between the Synergy release & the Optimum release.

I can honestly say the scenes looked identical on both. I think the decapitation scene is pretty much intact, both releases have the same fade out from the girl screaming as the soldering iron torture starts to the scene with Christopher George & Samantha Eggar in the park, so as far as I can tell both releases are the same version apart from the Synergy version being in Widescreen & having the original trailer as an extra.
Well said and my thoughts exactly.

Like this? Share it using the links below!