Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2010, 10:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Pretty good film from what i remember and i've never seen that EP poster before but i approve.

I recall there being other artwork associated with the movie which i think adorned the U.K. VHS release. Another great cover too.

Does anybody know if Optimum's Italian war efforts are available on DVD yet?

I'm sure the company were supposedly issuing a few titles according to earlier posts and i've checked HMV to no avail.
A subsequent scan of Optimum's website had no mention of any Latin war actioners bar The Inglorious Bastards and no sign of A Lizard In A Woman's Skin either.

Surely if these films are scheduled for U.K. issue the company should provide appropriate online release info on 'em?
Old 21st February 2010, 11:25 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think this is the cover you were thinking of SD.

Old 21st February 2010, 04:06 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A few more covers for upcoming Optimum releases including new art for Survival Of The Dead.I prefer the art they had before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg johnny handsome.jpg (15.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg prince & the pauper.jpg (56.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg tower of london.jpg (44.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Survival of the dead.jpg (30.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 21st February 2010, 04:09 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
A subsequent scan of Optimum's website had no mention of any Latin war actioners bar The Inglorious Bastards and no sign of A Lizard In A Woman's Skin either.
I noticed that.They dont have a listing for Extreme Prejudice either and no artwork for some of the titles that are already availble.
Old 21st February 2010, 06:44 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

They aren't the fastest on earth when it comes to updating their site alas. Their customer replies are generally very good though.
Old 27th February 2010, 01:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I think this is the cover you were thinking of SD.

That's the one. Good call, StevoJ!
Old 27th February 2010, 01:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Their site does tend to be a bit out of date.

I find the best way to find out about any future releases is to look at sites like HMV or Play.

Speaking of future releases they have an anniversary edition of Total Recall up for release in June, as well as Cannibal Apocalypse with John Saxon...

They also seem to be re-releasing some of the old Momentum World Cinema releases (Le Mepris, Delicatessen etc.).
Old 27th February 2010, 01:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Speaking of future releases they have an anniversary edition of Total Recall up for release in June, as well as Cannibal Apocalypse with John Saxon... .
I think this will be the second time Optimum have released the former as a budget DVD with extras is still on the shelves now.
I'll be interested in seeing how this forthcoming anniversary edition measures up though.

To be honest i can't imagine the company issuing the latter with the same bonus material featured on the U.K. Cinema Club DVD.
However, i'd like to be proven wrong! In the meantime the above slightly-snipped version and Image's superior stateside release will suffice.
Old 27th February 2010, 01:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I think this will be the second time Optimum have released the former as a budget DVD with extras is still on the shelves now.
I'll be interested in seeing how this forthcoming anniversary edition measures up though.

To be honest i can't imagine the company issuing the latter with the same bonus material featured on the U.K. Cinema Club DVD.
However, i'd like to be proven wrong! In the meantime the above slightly-snipped version and Image's superior stateside release will suffice.
With TR they may just be re-releasing it on DVD to coincide with a planned BR release. It will be interesting to compare it to previous releases.

As for CA, I agree that it is very doubtful that Optimum will release it with any special features - I'm envisioning a bare-bones release, unfortunately. It will be interesting to see what they do with the upcoming Lizard in a Woman's Skin though... They are also re-releasing The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue around the same time.
Old 27th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
As for CA, I agree that it is very doubtful that Optimum will release it with any special features - I'm envisioning a bare-bones release, unfortunately. They are also re-releasing The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue around the same time.
I agree about a potential no-frills CA DVD.

I would like to think TLDATMM would benefit from a decent new release but again i pretty much doubt it. Thank God there's still joy to be had from the ABUK and BU editions!

Also wondering if Nightmare City may go the Optimum route at any time?

Last edited by Splatterdragon73; 28th February 2010 at 10:11 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!