Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2010, 02:06 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I agree about a potential no-frills CA DVD.

I would like to think TLDATMM would benefit from a decent new release but again i pretty much doubt it. Thank God there's still joy to be had from the ABUK and BU editions!

How about Nightmare City coming Optimum's way at any time?
Yeah the BU edition of TLDAMM is sweet.

Nightmare City is a possibility. I can see Optimum releasing a lot of ABUK's old horror catalogue; what with The Crazies getting the budget Optimum treatment recently, and now Manchester Morgue, we could see more being re-released. I'm happy enough with my BU and AWE releases of Nightmare City at the moment though.
Old 28th February 2010, 10:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I wonder if maybe Optimum have been observing the recent successful slew of Shameless and Arrow output and may have decided to test the waters with a few exploitation and cult titles of their own.

However, judging by the less-than-stellar treatment afforded to the likes of Killer Klowns From Outer Space, The Inglorious Bastards, The Exterminator, The Antichrist, Maniac Cop, Prison and Xtro i don't hold out much hope of Optimum blessing us with upgraded editions of their imminent Italian releases.

It's great to think that something good would come our way with these DVD reissues. But i do doubt this based on the company's previous track record.
Old 28th February 2010, 05:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

According to this thread Lizard in a Womans Skin will contain the original english titles and previously unseen footage.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th February 2010, 08:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
According to this thread Lizard in a Womans Skin will contain the original english titles and previously unseen footage.
Sounds good. This will be a must then!
Old 28th February 2010, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Sounds good. This will be a must then!
I had the SS re-release and although it had some decent extras the transfer was poor, so I got rid of it in the hope a better version would come along and it sounds like this will be.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th February 2010, 08:11 PM
Cultist in Training

I'm happy that Optimum are releasing lots of Ealing and stuff. I recently picked up 'Spring and Port Wine' and that's classic!
Old 28th February 2010, 09:41 PM
Active Cultist

I have just noticed that they are releasing (or have already released) most of the Hand Made Films back catalogue, most of those titles having been out-of-print for a while now so I think I'll pick these ones up while they are still around.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:19 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansonsblood View Post
I recently picked up 'Spring and Port Wine' and that's classic!
Fully agree. Excellent film with a superb cast. James Mason & Susan George (later reunited in the jaw-dropping Mandingo) were never better.
Old 5th April 2010, 02:39 PM
Cult Addict

One film (or should I say documentary) that is well worth picking up in the optimum catalogue is Not Quite Hollywood. Its the story behind Australias 'genre' films and is an absolute joy to watch. oh, and not to forget Superstiton aka The Witch. Even more fun watching this one this time around than it was in the early '80s.
Old 5th April 2010, 03:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
One film (or should I say documentary) that is well worth picking up in the optimum catalogue is Not Quite Hollywood. Its the story behind Australias 'genre' films and is an absolute joy to watch. oh, and not to forget Superstiton aka The Witch. Even more fun watching this one this time around than it was in the early '80s.
Not Quite Hollywood is on Film4 this Saturday at 9pm. Definitely gonna be watching this

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!