Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2014, 06:57 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Mine haven't turned up either, although I wouldn't worry yet as I know Bill has a lot of back orders to fulfill.
Old 14th May 2014, 07:00 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Mine haven't turned up either, although I wouldn't worry yet as I know Bill has a lot of back orders to fulfill.
I'm a patient boy. Everything I ever ordered off Bill turned up eventually. If there is any delay it'll most likely be customs as I ordered the $99 bundle.
Old 14th May 2014, 07:05 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Don't get Bill started on copyright!

As long as I can pick Code Red stuff up from Diabolik then I'm not too bothered. Like Dem, before he started releasing BDs I hadn't bought a Code Red disc for a while (I think Mardi Gras Massacre, Night of the Demon, and Nightmare were my last pre-BD pick-ups from him). This wasn't out of annoyance at him or the company, but just because he stopped releasing stuff I was interested in.

There are about 3 or 4 DVDs he's since resurrected in his back catalogue that I'm tempted to pick up though.
Old 14th May 2014, 07:10 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I'm a patient boy. Everything I ever ordered off Bill turned up eventually. If there is any delay it'll most likely be customs as I ordered the $99 bundle.
I only ordered 3 titles from him (and picked Neon Maniacs up from Diabolik along with some other stuff - all of which arrived last week). I've ordered stuff off of Bill before and am sure that he is customs friendly... I think he marks the package value down to below the customs limit. However, that in itself may not prevent some over zealous HMRC employee opening it anyway - not that the average HMRC employee will know the value of something like 'The Redeemer'.

I'm hoping that my discs arrive before the weekend. If not, I may be tempted to shoot him an e-mail next week inquiring (not that I want to give him any more reasons to stop international orders!)
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th May 2014, 07:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

My package of 5 BDs was marked as a gift, and also at an $18 total value. There isn't an invoice inside either, so you should be safe from being stung by customs, even if they opened it to check.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th May 2014, 07:26 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I only ordered 3 titles from him (and picked Neon Maniacs up from Diabolik along with some other stuff - all of which arrived last week). I've ordered stuff off of Bill before and am sure that he is customs friendly... I think he marks the package value down to below the customs limit. However, that in itself may not prevent some over zealous HMRC employee opening it anyway - not that the average HMRC employee will know the value of something like 'The Redeemer'.

I'm hoping that my discs arrive before the weekend. If not, I may be tempted to shoot him an e-mail next week inquiring (not that I want to give him any more reasons to stop international orders!)
I would also add here that on occasion i've known Amazon orders take 3-4 weeks to arrive.
Old 14th May 2014, 08:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Going off this tweet he doesn't need International sales. Things sound pretty good for CR.
That tweet was after he re-opened the store with the new BDs being available to order for international customers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Would like a clarification. If its Arrow squealing about intellectual copyright then I will no longer be buying arrow stuff and fork out for Code red via Diabolik if needs be.
I'm a little curious about where the Arrow connection came from here? The only title I can see in common is Savage Streets, which Arrow lost the rights to. I've always wondered, as Code Red seemingly controlled the rights, if it was actually an issue they had which forced the Arrow release to go out of print so quickly.
Old 14th May 2014, 09:13 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

They've just arrived!

My package wasn't marked as a gift, but the total value was listed as $15.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th May 2014, 09:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Mine arrived yesterday. Like last time it was 8 days again between order and delivery very reasonable for a USA delivery. the shortest I ever had was once 6 days from Allyourmusic.
Old 14th May 2014, 05:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
That tweet was after he re-opened the store with the new BDs being available to order for international customers though.

I'm a little curious about where the Arrow connection came from here? The only title I can see in common is Savage Streets, which Arrow lost the rights to. I've always wondered, as Code Red seemingly controlled the rights, if it was actually an issue they had which forced the Arrow release to go out of print so quickly.
Savage streets was the title mentioned. Also I have had 'issues' with UK distributors trying to get US titles I list on Amazon removed because It 'damages their sales' Not had any issue with Arrow and hope I don't because I'm really enjoying their output.

Like this? Share it using the links below!