Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2016, 01:38 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Some CR pre-order packs up on Diabolik (including House on the Edge of the Park & Mardi Gras Massacre!)

Individual titles to follow apparently.
Old 27th July 2016, 06:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Four pack ordered!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th July 2016, 10:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Four pack ordered!
Same as. Got Necromancy, Headhunter and Family Honour on the way, just ordered the 4 pack and Arrow's HG Lewis Shock and Gore, I think that's my spending done for a few weeks unless I want major earache from the missus when the credit card bill drops through the door.
Old 28th July 2016, 02:23 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think the issue with Code Red releases now is that you've pretty much got to jump on them as soon as they appear as it could be a case of 'here today, gone tomorrow' in an all too literal sense unfortunately.
That's a good point - and I'm not sure that my strategy of "wait until the price drops" is really a good one.

Since I've gone multi-region, I've bought 99% of my RA blus via Amazon (usually from AYM), and haven't used Diabolik at all. My want list is that large that I'm in no particular rush to buy anything specific, and rarely buy anything day 1 (can't afford it for starters). But whilst I can get SF titles easily enough through Amazon, I'm wondering about other labels. CR titles seem to go for quite a bit on Ebay too and aren't listed as frequently, so that's not really a viable option.

Perhaps if I don't want to lose out nor get scalped, I have no choice but to bite the bullet and order day 1 for CR titles - or use other suppliers such as Strange Vice?
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th July 2016, 03:01 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
MORE UPGRADE from PAST CODE RED TITLES!

MARK OF THE WITCH , 2k scan from the original un-cut 35mm Negatives.

Coming on Blu-Ray end of 2016
One of my CR faves.
Old 28th July 2016, 03:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme73 View Post
That's a good point - and I'm not sure that my strategy of "wait until the price drops" is really a good one.

Since I've gone multi-region, I've bought 99% of my RA blus via Amazon (usually from AYM), and haven't used Diabolik at all. My want list is that large that I'm in no particular rush to buy anything specific, and rarely buy anything day 1 (can't afford it for starters). But whilst I can get SF titles easily enough through Amazon, I'm wondering about other labels. CR titles seem to go for quite a bit on Ebay too and aren't listed as frequently, so that's not really a viable option.

Perhaps if I don't want to lose out nor get scalped, I have no choice but to bite the bullet and order day 1 for CR titles - or use other suppliers such as Strange Vice?
I've pretty much bought all of my CR discs through Diabolik, however they only tend to get them in waves of a few titles at a time over a span of a couple of weeks and the prices certainly never drop. Diabolik's shipping is also fairly high, however if you combine a few titles together it becomes a lot better, plus they package well, ship fast and are customs friendly. Bill sells his discs direct from his Big Cartel page but unfortunately no longer offers international shipping, so therefore the only way to buy from him direct if you're overseas is through a re-shipping company - whereby you have it shipped to the re-shippers US address at your expense and they then forward it on using one of their varying postage options.

Screen Archives also stock a selection of CR titles - these tend to be exclusive to them though and will not show up on Diabolik, however unlike Diabolik they take all the stock at once (rather than 50 units here and there) so the titles are up on their site all the time until they sell out.

Any CR sold via Amazon / eBay are via third party sellers and some of the prices they fetch are insane so they're best avoided all together if you can help it!

For the majority of my non-CR NA imports I will use AYM or other marketplace sellers. I've been pretty impressed with WOWHD recently too.

It's weird because I generally don't like paying more than about £12 for an import Blu, however will (happily?!) pay £20 odd for a CR release...
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th July 2016, 03:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Never seen Mark of the Witch.

It was always paired with another film, Devil Times Five? and i never got round to buying it due to not being aware of it until it was too late.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th July 2016, 03:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Never seen Mark of the Witch.

It was always paired with another film, Devil Times Five? and i never got round to buying it due to not being aware of it until it was too late.
It (and Devil Times Five) is really good, Dem.

...well, at least I think so!
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th July 2016, 03:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It (and Devil Times Five) is really good, Dem.

...well, at least I think so!
I doubt i'll ever see either of them.
Old 28th July 2016, 03:48 PM
Cultist

Quote:
I've pretty much bought all of my CR discs through Diabolik, however they only tend to get them in waves of a few titles at a time over a span of a couple of weeks and the prices certainly never drop. Diabolik's shipping is also fairly high, however if you combine a few titles together it becomes a lot better, plus they package well, ship fast and are customs friendly. Bill sells his discs direct from his Big Cartel page but unfortunately no longer offers international shipping, so therefore the only way to buy from him direct if you're overseas is through a re-shipping company - whereby you have it shipped to the re-shippers US address at your expense and they then forward it on using one of their varying postage options.

Screen Archives also stock a selection of CR titles - these tend to be exclusive to them though and will not show up on Diabolik, however unlike Diabolik they take all the stock at once (rather than 50 units here and there) so the titles are up on their site all the time until they sell out.

Any CR sold via Amazon / eBay are via third party sellers and some of the prices they fetch are insane so they're best avoided all together if you can help it!

For the majority of my non-CR NA imports I will use AYM or other marketplace sellers. I've been pretty impressed with WOWHD recently too.

It's weird because I generally don't like paying more than about £12 for an import Blu, however will (happily?!) pay £20 odd for a CR release...

Thanks for that, mate. Appreciate it.

Yeah I've used WOWHD too - just bought Maniac Cop 2 & 3 from them for less than £11 each posted. Thought that was decent.

I dunno, I guess I've got that used to sales, Amazon et al that I begrudge paying over a tenner for all but SEs. But if I had too, I wouldn't have half the titles in my collection. Guess I'm just going to have to accept that I'll have to shell out a bit more for some titles.

I sometimes think I'm being a tight git - especially when I used to think nothing of shelling out £25+ for a LD. However, those were the days before I had a mortgage, two kids etc etc!

Like this? Share it using the links below!