Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2011, 11:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

My copy of Night Of The Demon finally arrived, and I have to say, despite not being a fan of the way Code Red seem to engage some of the hostility they receive on the web, I'm LOVING the reverse cover. Seems a perfect fit for the films sense of humour. Although the DVD case itself seems massively cheaper than any of the other Code Red titles I have previously picked up.
Old 21st October 2011, 11:16 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I received this today and just had a look at the reverse.
I thought it was a fun cover but am keeping the front displayed for now.

The case is a Technimark Ecotech case,it's made with recycled materials so I guess CR are possibly going "green"?
Seems Ubisoft helped develop it:
"Ubisoft is teaming with Technimark, Inc. to create a 100 percent-recycled polypropylene "ecoTech" DVD case, which will debut with the PC release of Splinter Cell: Conviction."
At least it doesn't have any annoying holes like the standard eco cases...
Btw their first cases (when they were still with Media Blasters) were really cheap cases.

Last edited by bdc; 21st October 2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 21st October 2011, 03:21 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Was just looking at the back cover of Voodoo Dolls/Madonna (never seen these two btw but they look interesting) and seems these little guys (or something resembling them) are back in Voodoo Dolls?!

Last edited by bdc; 21st October 2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 21st October 2011, 03:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
My copy of Night Of The Demon finally arrived, and I have to say, despite not being a fan of the way Code Red seem to engage some of the hostility they receive on the web, I'm LOVING the reverse cover. Seems a perfect fit for the films sense of humour. Although the DVD case itself seems massively cheaper than any of the other Code Red titles I have previously picked up.
I love the way CR give abuse to those on the web, it's funny. More companies should do it IMO.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st October 2011, 07:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I love the way CR give abuse to those on the web, it's funny. More companies should do it IMO.
Each to their own. I personally think Bill comes across like a petulant child. It's not just the way he deals with the overly zealous fanboys, but also some of the rants at Arrow and the UK market in general. I'm not sure what Arrow have done to him, but his digs about Arrow's Savage Street's release seemed hugely bratty.

The guy from Code Red who posts at AVManiacs on the otherhand, completely the opposite. It's a shame he's not running their blog and twitter account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
The case is a Technimark Ecotech case,it's made with recycled materials so I guess CR are possibly going "green"?
Seems Ubisoft helped develop it:
"Ubisoft is teaming with Technimark, Inc. to create a 100 percent-recycled polypropylene "ecoTech" DVD case, which will debut with the PC release of Splinter Cell: Conviction."
At least it doesn't have any annoying holes like the standard eco cases...
Btw their first cases (when they were still with Media Blasters) were really cheap cases.
Eco cases *shakes fist*. I do agree, it could have been worse though. I've been lucky that some of the eco cases I've had with the holes in haven't been punctured during shipping. So far, at least.
Old 21st October 2011, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Each to their own. I personally think Bill comes across like a petulant child. It's not just the way he deals with the overly zealous fanboys, but also some of the rants at Arrow and the UK market in general. I'm not sure what Arrow have done to him, but his digs about Arrow's Savage Street's release seemed hugely bratty.

The guy from Code Red who posts at AVManiacs on the otherhand, completely the opposite. It's a shame he's not running their blog and twitter account.
I'm mean that they should have digs at forums and such, not other labels. Forums need to be put in their place every now and then.

Bill is like a child (he puts sentences together like one. Yeah, I may not be a literary genius either, but I don't run a company) and his rants at other labels make me laugh, especially as he seems to think CR are the ONLY company in the world who properly license their titles. Anytime another release is announced in europe or whatever, he almost always claims it's a bootleg. I think he accused Hardgore and Anchor Bay of bootlegging NIGHTMARE. As if a big company like AB (or Hardgore who aren't as big but who DID pay to license their titles) would do that.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 21st October 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

My two copies of NOTD remain on backorder for now and tbh i'm getting rather anxious in case i miss out on this release. C'mon Planet Axel get a move on, after all, Nightmare didn't take this long to arrive to me!
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:06 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Strange because mine came from Axel...
When did you order?

Btw tried to get the Night of the Demon disc out to give it a spin and found it wasn't easy...maybe replacing these new cases would be a good idea...you won't have to worry about floaters with these though.

Just watched the trailers and Maria's intro for now,Maria's growing on me and seems to be wearing less clothing lately.
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Strange because mine came from Axel...
When did you order?
About the end of September if yours truly recalls rightly. I checked my e-mails yesterday afternoon and PA confirmed NOTD was still on backorder with the above retailer's suppliers. I'll be relieved once said release is in my grubby little mitts and you can understand i just want this DVD to come a.s.a.p. so that's another title crossed off the list.
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:05 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I ordered mine 12-9-2011 so that's maybe why I've already got it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!