Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2016, 01:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Also Boo, I recall that you mentioned marking the packages down to $20...? Unfortunately at current rates that would still put the package over the customs threshold (£16.01 in today's money).
Ohh bollocks, Biz! Never thought of that! Lets see if the Gods are looking down kindly at me. Doubt it, they never have before. I also marked it as "gift" I don't know if that will make any difference either though. Sigh....
Old 18th December 2016, 01:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Ohh bollocks, Biz! Never thought of that! Lets see if the Gods are looking down kindly at me. Doubt it, they never have before. I also marked it as "gift" I don't know if that will make any difference either though. Sigh....
It might be cheaper to fly to New York and buy them from a store over there.

Edit - I don't mean just for 2 discs. The cost of postage is ridiculous.

You could save up (sell a cove on one of your islands in the sun) have a great day or weekend out, buy the 20 or so discs you need plus the missus has had a trip to the Big Apple.

Edit 2 - I just know that someone will say CR don't sell from stores.
Old 18th December 2016, 07:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

They don't.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th December 2016, 07:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Okay, just a follow up on my Shipito shipping costs.....and it's as I remembered. The above 4 films, marked them down to $20.00 total value and was given these options to post;
DNL. $41.88 7 days
TNT, $39.61 7 days
DPD. (Shipito Preferred) $28.68 7- 9 days
FedEx $50.41 7-9 days
USPS $81.93 3-7 days
Airmail Economy $9.77 45 days!!!!
USPS $61.54 6-10 days
USPS 1st Class $30.99 varies-slow.
FedEx Economy $47.84 7-10 days.

The only cheap one takes up to 45 days....Nope, not a chance. I could be dead by the time it got here! Add the $2.00 handling fee and choosing the DPD option it came to $30.68 or in proper money, £25.38.

So about $10.00 more expensive than Diabolik posting fees and no insurance as was marked down to $20.00 value. For all four films delivered it works out to £105.38, about £26.50 per film. I'm not really complaining as it appears that Diabolik and SAE are not going to get these at least in the short term and FleaBay will charge a lot more, just letting you all know the price costs if you are thinking of going this route.
I just had my package sent from Shipito and the Airmail rate was the same, and it lists the same wait time. I can however say, that I have never had to wait much longer than a week with my previous orders though. I wonder if that wait time is for insurance purposes, so people can't put claims for loss in until after the 45 days. Attached the rate list it gave me for my order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shipitorates.jpg (43.0 KB, 11 views)
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.
Old 20th December 2016, 05:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I just had my package sent from Shipito and the Airmail rate was the same, and it lists the same wait time. I can however say, that I have never had to wait much longer than a week with my previous orders though. I wonder if that wait time is for insurance purposes, so people can't put claims for loss in until after the 45 days. Attached the rate list it gave me for my order.
It's crap, ain't it? It does make me feel a bit better though!! Did you go for the cheap option Baka? Just interested if you did, how long it will take versus the $30.00 option. They posted mine out on Monday morning but with Chrimbo next weekend God knows how long it might be!
Old 20th December 2016, 05:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just a heads up. On CR Facebook page they are now stating that all films on the Ronin site will only be posted to the States and Canada and that all International orders will be going through Diabolik DVD...Diabolik should have them in stock very soon.
On Ronin briefly was the Blu of Beyond the Door but it vanished after being up for only one day, so expect that one soon. On The Big Cartel site 3 more releases are up, The Electric Chair, Savage Attractions and The Jigsaw Murders...... That's 15 titles they have put out in about 6 weeks, my wallet weeps.
Old 24th December 2016, 09:27 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's crap, ain't it? It does make me feel a bit better though!! Did you go for the cheap option Baka? Just interested if you did, how long it will take versus the $30.00 option. They posted mine out on Monday morning but with Chrimbo next weekend God knows how long it might be!
DON'T use the DPD $25 option....I used this hoping the films from Ronin would be here by Xmas-8 days ago and that's it just arrived in London!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th December 2016, 05:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

12 days and still **** all.
Looks like HMRC has snatched my parcel......
Boo Radley likes this.

Old 29th December 2016, 05:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
12 days and still **** all.
Looks like HMRC has snatched my parcel......
It just might be the Xmas heap of stuff trying to get sorted. My parcel arrived in UK on the 23rd in London but I don't expect anything before next week. And as I put the value at $20 I'm expecting a letter first.
I hate waiting too!!
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My Ronin order arrived today. Shipped on the 20th and arrived 14 days later. Considering it was over Christmas and New Year, and they both fell on Sundays, meaning we had extra bank holidays, that's damn quick for the cheapest shipping option, especially when it quotes 20-45 business days.

Like this? Share it using the links below!