Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2016, 11:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Okay, just a follow up on my Shipito shipping costs.....and it's as I remembered. The above 4 films, marked them down to $20.00 total value and was given these options to post;
DNL. $41.88 7 days
TNT, $39.61 7 days
DPD. (Shipito Preferred) $28.68 7- 9 days
FedEx $50.41 7-9 days
USPS $81.93 3-7 days
Airmail Economy $9.77 45 days!!!!
USPS $61.54 6-10 days
USPS 1st Class $30.99 varies-slow.
FedEx Economy $47.84 7-10 days.

The only cheap one takes up to 45 days....Nope, not a chance. I could be dead by the time it got here! Add the $2.00 handling fee and choosing the DPD option it came to $30.68 or in proper money, £25.38.

So about $10.00 more expensive than Diabolik posting fees and no insurance as was marked down to $20.00 value. For all four films delivered it works out to £105.38, about £26.50 per film. I'm not really complaining as it appears that Diabolik and SAE are not going to get these at least in the short term and FleaBay will charge a lot more, just letting you all know the price costs if you are thinking of going this route.

EDIT; Ronin started International postage then removed it. Don't know if it will return. They also will show full costs on their shipping form, complying with USA law, resulting in a hefty import charge plus handling fee if you use them direct so this is the cheapest option at the moment. Not that £26 quid per disc is cheap, mind!!
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by Boo Radley; 17th December 2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 17th December 2016, 11:59 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Okay, just a follow up on my Shipito shipping costs.....and it's as I remembered. The above 4 films, marked them down to $20.00 total value and was given these options to post;
DNL. $41.88 7 days
TNT, $39.61 7 days
FedEx $50.41 7-9 days
USPS $81.93 3-7 days
USPS $61.54 6-10 days

The only cheap one takes up to 45 days....Nope, not a chance. I could be dead by the time it got here! Add the $2.00 handling fee and choosing the DPD option it came to $30.68 or in proper money, £25.38.

So about $10.00 more expensive than Diabolik posting fees and no insurance as was marked down to $20.00 value. For all four films delivered it works out to £105.38, about £26.50 per film. I'm not really complaining as it appears that Diabolik and SAE are not going to get these at least in the short term and FleaBay will charge a lot more, just letting you all know the price costs if you are thinking of going this route.

EDIT; Ronin started International postage then removed it. Don't know if it will return. They also will show full costs on their shipping form, complying with USA law, resulting in a hefty import charge plus handling fee if you use them direct so this is the cheapest option at the moment. Not that £26 quid per disc is cheap, mind!!
I'm not sure why you'd bother. Are CR releases that good, one or two prime examples aside of course.
Old 17th December 2016, 12:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not sure why you'd bother. Are CR releases that good, one or two prime examples aside of course.
No. To be honest. There's a few good releases and a few things I would never normally buy but I broke one of my rules of film collecting a couple of years ago and half regret it now, if I'm totally truthful.

The rule was never to buy everything that a company puts out. I know people that do that now, Scream Factory, Criterion, Blue Underground, Arrow, 88 Films, etc, etc. I had done it before and ended up with piles of films that I never really wanted and never watched. I've watched horror films for 40 odd years now and know what I like and don't and buy accordingly but when CR started putting out Blu Rays I had a brain leak and thought, yeah, why not?

Now that I have 70 something titles (All bloody numbered on the spine so it really narks me if there is missing numbers..) I'm sorta locked into buying them. I have to admit though that the growing collection does look kinda cool on the shelf and there are a few kick ass titles due out next year. The other thing is CR titles somehow manage to keep a good price second hand so it's a bit like I'm just saving money really............. so I keep trying to convince myself!

Saying all this though, I've just started collecting the Vestron Video Blus BUT I have read that there will only be 33 of them so it's a finite collection.

My advise to anyone would be buy what you like and don't buy Labels but we all have our own idiosyncrasies.
Old 17th December 2016, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No. To be honest. There's a few good releases and a few things I would never normally buy but I broke one of my rules of film collecting a couple of years ago and half regret it now, if I'm totally truthful.

The rule was never to buy everything that a company puts out. I know people that do that now, Scream Factory, Criterion, Blue Underground, Arrow, 88 Films, etc, etc. I had done it before and ended up with piles of films that I never really wanted and never watched. I've watched horror films for 40 odd years now and know what I like and don't and buy accordingly but when CR started putting out Blu Rays I had a brain leak and thought, yeah, why not?

Now that I have 70 something titles (All bloody numbered on the spine so it really narks me if there is missing numbers..) I'm sorta locked into buying them. I have to admit though that the growing collection does look kinda cool on the shelf and there are a few kick ass titles due out next year. The other thing is CR titles somehow manage to keep a good price second hand so it's a bit like I'm just saving money really............. so I keep trying to convince myself!

Saying all this though, I've just started collecting the Vestron Video Blus BUT I have read that there will only be 33 of them so it's a finite collection.

My advise to anyone would be buy what you like and don't buy Labels but we all have our own idiosyncrasies.
Great reply, Boo.

Once you've committed yourself to collecting a label there's nowhere to go except onwards and upwards (especially when the buggers are numbered).

There are some cool titles coming out via Vestron (Lair of the White Worm anyone?) It's interesting that a major company such as Lionsgate can in effect resurrect a cult video label and actually produce something worthwhile. I mean would you have bothered to collect them had they not been packaged as Vestron Video? I'll guess and say probably not (You might have bought one or two) but it begs the question as to why it can't be done over here in the UK as well. Unless the estimated market is just too small, but it doesn't seem to stop 88, Arrow etal.
Old 17th December 2016, 01:47 PM
Cult Addict

When's the release date for Giallo A Venezia?
Old 17th December 2016, 02:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
DNL. $41.88 7 days
TNT, $39.61 7 days
FedEx $50.41 7-9 days
USPS $81.93 3-7 days
USPS $61.54 6-10 days

Is this still from the Nevada address though, or did you change to the California one? As it mentions in their location guide, California is the cheapest and fastest. Hopefully the three items I ordered yesterday will arrive soon and we'll see the difference. Although as I didn't order Don't Go In The House it's not really a fair comparison.

Worth mentioning the Ronin site despatched my order in mere hours.
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.
Old 17th December 2016, 05:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Likewise.
Shipitto shipped the package Wednesday.
SHOULD arrive for Crimbo!!!!
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th December 2016, 10:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
When's the release date for Giallo A Venezia?
No set date, just sometime next year. There is a German uncut Blu ray if you cannot wait that long.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 18th December 2016, 12:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Is this still from the Nevada address though, or did you change to the California one? As it mentions in their location guide, California is the cheapest and fastest. Hopefully the three items I ordered yesterday will arrive soon and we'll see the difference. Although as I didn't order Don't Go In The House it's not really a fair comparison.

Worth mentioning the Ronin site despatched my order in mere hours.
Still at the Nevada address as I had ordered already and it was too late to change it. I will however change it for the next order and see if there is any difference.
Old 18th December 2016, 12:55 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Also Boo, I recall that you mentioned marking the packages down to $20...? Unfortunately at current rates that would still put the package over the customs threshold (£16.01 in today's money).

Like this? Share it using the links below!