Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th December 2016, 05:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Ronin site are now accepting Paypal so snagged all four via Shipito. Still no International shipping yet though but apparently is coming.... think postage is going to be a stonker. Hey, it won't be much worse than Shipito!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DGitH.jpg (93.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HHE3.jpg (96.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HHN.jpg (96.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg SR.jpg (98.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 9th December 2016, 06:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Apparently they aren't marking the packages down for Canadians, so I imagine customs will be a concern when they start shipping internationally.

I don't find Shipito expensive at all though.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th December 2016, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Apparently they aren't marking the packages down for Canadians, so I imagine customs will be a concern when they start shipping internationally.

I don't find Shipito expensive at all though.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong then!! Very possible!! The last time I got 2 Blurays it cost me $27 postage plus $2.00 handling fee. I marked it down to worth only $15 to stop any import fee. Any advice on what I can do to make it cheaper?
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th December 2016, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Maybe I'm doing it wrong then!! Very possible!! The last time I got 2 Blurays it cost me $27 postage plus $2.00 handling fee. I marked it down to worth only $15 to stop any import fee. Any advice on what I can do to make it cheaper?
I'm on my phone at the moment, but I could swear I paid less than that for the Spanish bundle and The Blood Butcher (4 titles). I'll try and take a screenshot of my settings tomorrow. Did you use Airmail out of interest? I know they're the cheapest option.

I haven't used them since Bill decided to start selling to Diabolik again, but I think I will for the Ronin titles, when my card starts a new month next weekend. I still need to get one of Scream Factory's site exclusives too.
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.
Old 9th December 2016, 07:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cheers Baka. I haven't used them for a while myself. I seem to remember one cheaper option but it said up to 40 days to deliver and the thought of my discs bouncing around various post depots for 40 days put me right off!!

These 4 cost me £80 and if I pay around £30 post it would work out at about £27 each delivered which is still much cheaper than Fleabay scalpers so it's not a biggie but every penny, etc!!
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th December 2016, 09:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Looking at my Shipito account, I also marked the items as Gift and a value at $20, so I'm not really sure what you're doing differently. I can't get into the list of shipping options and prices (I think I might need to have an order to do so), but all of my orders are listed as Airmail, and all arrived in around a weeks time.

I've attached two screenshots, the first is the Code Red Spanish bundle (I thought this included The Love Butcher too, but it appears not as I've only listed 3 items). But for those 3 shipped, the charge was $13.14. Which is a bit of a difference from the two you got for $27. I've also attached my Criterion Flash Sale order, which was 6 titles, bearing in mind they weigh more, with larger cases and booklets (one was also a digipack; Investigation Of A Citizen Above Suspicion), and it came in a box not a jiffy bag, and that was still less than you paid, at $26.51. So I guess it's about which shipping option you choose rather than what you're marking the prices as.

You are using the California address too aren't you? It has the lowest rates and fastest shipping time being located next to the airport.

With Code Red's shipping charges on top, it's usually always worked out around what Diabolik would charge. Although I hear Ronin have a free shipping option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shipito01.jpg (36.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg shipito02.jpg (55.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 10th December 2016, 03:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cheers Baka. I will check in a few days when hopefully my Ronin discs arrive. I'm not in California either, mine is in Nevada, God knows how I chose that one but maybe that adds a bit...? I'll write up on here what it costs me this time. The last time I got 4 discs from Diabolik it was $21.00 post so for a fiver extra I'm not gonna moan too hard.

On an aside, if Ronin are going to show full price on the discs the customs charge will make it worth using Shipito all the time.
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th December 2016, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Cheers Baka. I will check in a few days when hopefully my Ronin discs arrive. I'm not in California either, mine is in Nevada, God knows how I chose that one but maybe that adds a bit...? I'll write up on here what it costs me this time. The last time I got 4 discs from Diabolik it was $21.00 post so for a fiver extra I'm not gonna moan too hard.

On an aside, if Ronin are going to show full price on the discs the customs charge will make it worth using Shipito all the time.
You get two addresses on a free account. Nevada and California. Where you see your US address on Shipito's site (at the top), underneath should be a View All link. Hit that and select the California one as your default. And use it when checking out via Ronin's site. Or perhaps it's too late if you've already ordered?
Old 14th December 2016, 11:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I noticed on Diabolik's Facebook page in response to someone asking if they'll get the new Code Red titles that are on Ronin's site and Don't Go In The House, that they mentioned they honestly don't know, but as of this moment no. I'll definitely be getting my order in at the weekend.

I noticed Don't Go In The House vanished the other day, and is now listed again, but as out of stock. I have the German blu-ray and wasn't really going to double dip anyway, but looking into it, it seems like there's an issue with some of the audio being taken from a TV cut, and having some language censored. It's all kicking off in the usual places.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th December 2016, 01:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Don't Go In The House is available again, for those who missed it.

One thing I didn't consider, the RoninFlix site charges sales tax for those using a US re-shipper. For anyone interested I picked up the three Code Red titles and the sales tax was an extra $6.39. Code Red's site doesn't charge sales tax, but it does charge P&P, where Ronin don't, at the moment (unless you pay for faster shipping).
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!