Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1458Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:30 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Here's a complete list of all German Koch Media Hammer Edition releases, and their respective artworks - you gotta love 'em.

1) The Brides Of Dracula (by Terence Fisher; with Peter Cushing, Martita Hunt, and Miles Malleson); 1960/2007.

2) The Curse Of The Werewolf (by Terence Fisher; with Clifford Evans, and Oliver Reed); 1961/2007.

3) Kiss Of The Vampire (by Don Sharp; with Clifford Evans, and Edward de Souza); 1962/2008.

4) The Evil Of Frankenstein (by Freddie Francis; with Peter Cushing); 1964/2008.

5) The Vampire Lovers (by Roy Ward Baker; with Ingrid Pitt, and Peter Cushing); 1970/2008.

6) The Phantom Of The Opera (by Terence Fisher; with Herbert Lom, Thorley Walters, Michael Gough, and Edward de Souza); 1963/2008.

7) Twins Of Evil (by John Hough; with Peter Cushing, Dennis Price, David Warbeck, and The Collinson Twins); 1971/2008.

8) Paranoiac (by Freddie Francis; with Oliver Reed); 1962/2008.

9) Captain Clegg (by Peter Graham Scott; with Peter Cushing, and Oliver Reed); 1962/2009.

10) Nightmare (by Freddie Francis; with David Knight); 1964/2009.

11) Vampire Circus (by Robert Young; with Adrienne Corri, Thorley Walters, Anthony Corlan, and John Moulder-Brown); 1972/2011. Released on DVD and Blu-ray.

Greetings!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg koch hammer 1.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 2.jpg (65.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 3.jpg (75.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 4.jpg (86.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 5.jpg (68.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 6.jpg (88.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 7.jpg (62.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 8.jpg (61.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 9.jpg (76.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 10.jpg (63.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg koch hammer 11.jpg (65.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 3rd July 2011, 03:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Thanks for that, that's a great help.

I'm tempted to collect these ones, but since Vampire Circus came out on Blu-ray I'm thinking of holding off to see if they release the others as well.

I have also noticed that they do a three box set containing Vampire Circus, The Curse of the Werewolf, and The Evil Of Frankenstein. At just under 20 Euros it sounds like good value, but I don't know what the packaging is like ie. is it just the 3 standard releases in an outer sleeve?

Old 3rd July 2011, 04:44 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Thanks for that, that's a great help.

I'm tempted to collect these ones, but since Vampire Circus came out on Blu-ray I'm thinking of holding off to see if they release the others as well.

I have also noticed that they do a three box set containing Vampire Circus, The Curse of the Werewolf, and The Evil Of Frankenstein. At just under 20 Euros it sounds like good value, but I don't know what the packaging is like ie. is it just the 3 standard releases in an outer sleeve?

The box contains:
- The Brides of Dracula
- The Curse of the Werewolf
- The Evil of Frankenstein

As far as I know, the movies come in Slim Cases with two different artworks. The inlay is printed on both sides and the artworks stretch vertically from the front side of the Slim Case to the back. The Slim Cases share a thin outer sleeve (see your picture), the discs should be the same.

You'll find the alternate artwork below.

I would go for the classic individual releases, though. You'll have to spend ten bucks more (in case you buy all three aforementioned flicks), but you'll get seperate slip cases, a DVD cover with film stills (including the artwork below) and a booklet.

In case anybody's interested: I will upload a few pics of one of the original editions later this evening.

Greetings!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg les_maitresses_de_dracula,1.jpg (94.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg la-nuit-du-loup-garou-affiche_39049_339.jpg (102.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg frankensteins_ungeheuer.jpg (86.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 3rd July 2011, 04:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Here's a complete list of all German Koch Media Hammer Edition releases, and their respective artworks - you gotta love 'em.

1) The Brides Of Dracula (by Terence Fisher; with Peter Cushing, Martita Hunt, and Miles Malleson); 1960/2007.

2) The Curse Of The Werewolf (by Terence Fisher; with Clifford Evans, and Oliver Reed); 1961/2007.

3) Kiss Of The Vampire (by Don Sharp; with Clifford Evans, and Edward de Souza); 1962/2008.

4) The Evil Of Frankenstein (by Freddie Francis; with Peter Cushing); 1964/2008.

5) The Vampire Lovers (by Roy Ward Baker; with Ingrid Pitt, and Peter Cushing); 1970/2008.

6) The Phantom Of The Opera (by Terence Fisher; with Herbert Lom, Thorley Walters, Michael Gough, and Edward de Souza); 1963/2008.

7) Twins Of Evil (by John Hough; with Peter Cushing, Dennis Price, David Warbeck, and The Collinson Twins); 1971/2008.

8) Paranoiac (by Freddie Francis; with Oliver Reed); 1962/2008.

9) Captain Clegg (by Peter Graham Scott; with Peter Cushing, and Oliver Reed); 1962/2009.

10) Nightmare (by Freddie Francis; with David Knight); 1964/2009.

11) Vampire Circus (by Robert Young; with Adrienne Corri, Thorley Walters, Anthony Corlan, and John Moulder-Brown); 1972/2011. Released on DVD and Blu-ray.

Greetings!
Gotta love that post, great job 'Prince'. Some of those look glorious.
Old 3rd July 2011, 08:26 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Gotta love that post, great job 'Prince'. Some of those look glorious.
And the best thing is: they're all uncut and they all have decent AV quality.

I promised to deliver some snaps of a typical "first edition" of the Koch Media Hammer releases: here you are.

Greetings!

PS: The last picture is the back of the booklet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brides1.jpg (93.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg brides2.jpg (96.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg brides3.jpg (59.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg brides4.jpg (71.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg brides5.jpg (71.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg brides6.jpg (46.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg brides7.jpg (44.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg brides8.jpg (94.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 3rd July 2011, 08:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

So does that mean that if I was to buy these now, I wouldn't get the slipcase and booklet.
Old 3rd July 2011, 09:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
So does that mean that if I was to buy these now, I wouldn't get the slipcase and booklet.
I'm not totally sure - according to their website, only #1 and #5 are OOP and have been re-released without slipcase.

But I would contact the seller first - just in case.

Greetings!
Old 15th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Thought i would just post the covers for Icon's new Hammer range.

I really like The Abominable Snowman design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51BPABO9jGL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (16.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 51CoOmlixJL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (19.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 51L0jA-6WqL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (20.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51T-4Z1LW3L__SL500_AA300_.jpg (21.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 16th August 2011, 06:21 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Anyone know who has the distribution rights in the UK for FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED these days? A little bird tipped me off about something with it...

Also, seeing those Icon covers made me remember to mention THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT is being released in September in the US via MGM's mod program. They're using the restoration they made a couple of years ago, instead of the one DD used. Wish they'd put it out on bd...
Old 16th August 2011, 09:21 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Wish they'd put it out on bd...
Now there's the sad thing. With the amount of stuff that's been announced from Indie labels for BD recently, I'm definitely getting more concerned about the titles that are in the grasp of the majors I'd like ever getting a Blu release. It'll be quite sickening, especially knowing they have some HD masters already done.

Like this? Share it using the links below!