Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2017, 07:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I'd be down for all his titles in 4k....except Dracula obviously!

Same, except I'd add the Card Player to the unwanted list!
Gold6082 and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th June 2017, 07:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I'd be down for all his titles in 4k....except Dracula obviously!
and Giallo!
Gold6082 and keirarts like this.
Old 20th June 2017, 07:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Same, except I'd add the Card Player to the unwanted list!
NO!
TCP has one of the best female cops ever!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stefania4.jpg (65.9 KB, 18 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th June 2017, 07:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
and Giallo!
Forgot about that shit!

Shows how much of an impact it made!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th June 2017, 08:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd love Arrow to put out Suspiria. Although, i'm quite happy with the italian Bluray at the moment.

I also hope Arrow reissue Fulci's, House By The Cemetery and City of The Living Dead, eventually.
Old 20th June 2017, 08:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Why Can't Arrow give equal treatment to Bava and Fulci!!!!
Old 21st June 2017, 12:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The name of the other 2017 4K mastered, forthcoming Argento blu-ray was revealed a while back. Tim Lucas and Alan Jones let the cat (o' nine tails) out of the bag, by internet posting that they had recorded new commentary tracks for Arrow on said film.
Old 21st June 2017, 01:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Why Can't Arrow give equal treatment to Bava and Fulci!!!!
There was a rumour that some or all of the Gates of Hell trilogy are reviving the same treatment next, but nothing too concrete

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 21st June 2017, 08:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cat o' Nine Tails is very underrated in my opinion. And i'd rather see this remastered than any of Argento's films post Opera.
Old 21st June 2017, 09:18 AM
Cult Addict

Suspiria is a distinct possibility based on the 4K scan that's being liscenced. Personally I hope it isn't for no other reason than Synapses restoration is looking to be somewhat superior to that one. Essentially it'd be a release that i'd be upgrading not long after purchase or skipping due to owning the synapse one. Since they seem to be doing a lot of inhouse restoration however its possible they would be doing a lot of additional work to improve whats out in europe already so who really knows?

Opera would be a welcome candidate, the European release has room for improvment and it would have the added bonus of Bill olson rotating in anger. Like Suspiria however, since it means it can't be liscenced in America makes it unlikely.

Four flies on grey velvet. Well if shameless no longer have it then possible, non of the releases I've seen so far are ideal. I'm assured my Italian blu-ray is better quality than my Shameless one, but aside from the horrifying audio glitch I struggled to see the difference. No U.S release at least gives it some appeal to Arrow.

Cat o'nine tails. Given the lack of a U.S release, or any decent Euro releases in HD, a new 4K scan and extra bonus materials would seem a strong contender. As above it's underrated, though while I'm sure there are AV experts that can point out any problems the transfer on the previous Arrow release looked ok to me.

Inferno. Do Blue underground still have this? There was a big debate over how the film should look and the BU blu ray looks different than any of the euro releases. Since Lustig worked on the film his opinion holds some weight though the vaunted European release with Camera obscura appears to contadict this and support the Arrow version of the film. Either way a new restoration might be welcome. The U.S rights would be the issue.

Tenebrae. Would they? given Synapse owns the U.S rights and its not long since Arrow re-issued the film with the decent Wildside transfer I doubt it.

Demons 1 & 2. Again U.S rights though new 4k scans would probably suck money from my wallet in spite of the cash I've already blown on these films. Personally I'd say no.

Trauma. Interesting. Not sure but I think I heard this had already been liscenced in the states. Its underrated imo and I'd probably pick it up.

Two evil eyes. Again, does Blue underground still own this? Its something of a mixed bag and I still need to re-watch the film as I feel I should enjoy it more than I do. A little leftfield perhaps.

Stendahl syndrome. Unlikely. Perhaps they would go for it and put out a solid new release but as we know Blue underground definitely have this stateside.

Sleepless. Another leftfield choice but not unwelcome. I know a lot of people dislike it but I thought it was a fairly solid giallo. No U.S release makes it a possibility.

Card player onwards...... HMMMM no thanks

Like this? Share it using the links below!