LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2017, 01:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That's the worst one
I understand 88 wanted it for their Slasher Classics range but Arrow found out and beat them to it.
plasterface and keirarts like this.
Old 8th June 2017, 01:21 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I understand 88 wanted it for their Slasher Classics range but Arrow found out and beat them to it.
That sounds legit

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th June 2017, 01:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I have insider info that the Curtis film in question is Halloween Resurrection.

IMG_0491.JPG

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th June 2017, 02:17 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
I have insider info that the Curtis film in question is Halloween Resurrection.
Quote:
That's the worst one
Quote:
Oi - stop winding Mr. Waddle up

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th June 2017, 01:54 PM
Active Cultist

As shocking as it sounds Halloween Resurrection is my 2nd fave Halloween movie.I hate Michael Myers and like busta rhymes
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th June 2017, 02:06 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Amazon ruining Arrow's upcoming slate again:

Sep 4:
The Day of the Jackal (Zinnermann)
The Ghoul (Tunley)

Sep 11:
The Suspicious Death Of A Minor (Martino)

Day of the Jackal:
In 1971, Frederick Forsythe shot to bestseller status with his debut novel, The Day of the Jackal taut, utterly plausible, almost documentarian in its realism and attention to detail. Two years later, director Fred Zinnemann (High Noon) turned a gripping novel into a nail-biting cinematic experience.

August 1962: the latest attempt on the life of French President Charles de Gaulle by the far right paramilitary organisation, the OAS, ends in chaos, with its architect-in-chief dead at the hands of a firing squad. Demoralised and on the verge of bankruptcy, the OAS leaders meet in secret to plan their next move. In a last desperate attempt to eliminate de Gaulle, they opt to employ the services of a hired assassin from outside the fold. Enter the Jackal (Edward Fox, Gandhi): charismatic, calculating, cold as ice. As the Jackal closes in on his target, a race against the clock ensues to identify and put a stop to a killer whose identity, whereabouts and modus operandi are completely unknown.

Co-starring a plethora of talent from both sides of the Channel, including Michael Lonsdale (Munich), Derek Jacobi (The Odessa File) and Cyril Cusack (1984) and featuring striking cinematography by Jean Tournier (Moonraker), The Day of the Jackal remains one of the greatest political thrillers of all time.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
Original uncompressed mono audio
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
New interview with Neil Sinyard, author of Fred Zinnemann: Films of Character and Conscience
Two rare archival clips from the film set, including an interview with Fred Zinnemann
Theatrical trailer
Original screenplay by Kenneth Ross (BD-ROM content)
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Peter Strain
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector s booklet featuring new writing by critic Mark Cunliffe and film historian Sheldon Hall

The Ghoul :
From executive producer Ben Wheatley (Kill List, Free Fire) comes a mind-bending British psychological thriller to sit alongside such classics of the genre as Nicolas Roeg and Donald Cammell s Performance, David Lynch s Lost Highway and Christopher Nolan s Following.

Chris is a homicide detective called to London to investigate a strange double murder. Both victims appear to have continued moving towards their assailant despite multiple gunshots to the face and chest. On a hunch, and with the help of an old colleague and former girlfriend Chris decides to go undercover as a patient to investigate the suspect s psychotherapist, the mysterious Alexander Morland, who has a taste for the occult...

The debut feature of writer-director Gareth Tunley, starring Tom Meeten (Sightseers), Alice Lowe (Garth Marenghi s Darkplace) and Dan Renton Skinner (Notes on Blindness), The Ghoul is the latest standout addition to a thriving new wave of British cinema.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
Original uncompressed 5.1 audio
Optional English subtitles for the hard-of-hearing
Filmmakers commentary
Interviews with the cast and crew
The Baron, a 2013 short film by Gareth Tunley, starring Tom Meeten and Steve Oram (Aaaaaaaah!, Sightseers)
Trailer
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Booklet featuring writing on the film by Adam Scovell, author of Folk Horror: Hours Dreadful and Things Strange

Suspicious Death :
In the wake of the success of Dario Argento s ground-breaking giallo The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, numerous other directors stepped forward to try their hand at these lurid murder-mysteries. At the forefront was Sergio Martino (The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, Torso), whose sensual 70s thrillers starring Edwige Fenech and George Hilton are widely celebrated as some of the best the genre has to offer.

The final of Martino s six gialli, The Suspicious Death of a Minor combines conventional giallo trappings with elements of the then flourishing poliziotteschi crime thrillers. Claudio Cassinelli (What Have They Done to Your Daughters?) stars as undercover cop Paolo Germi, on the trail of a Milanese criminal outfit following the brutal murder of an underage prostitute. But a killer-for-hire is also on the prowl, bumping off witnesses before they have a chance to talk...

Also starring Mel Ferrer (Nightmare City), Barbara Magnolfi (Suspiria) and Jenny Tamburi (The Psychic), and featuring a script by veteran giallo writer Ernesto Gastaldi (All the Colours of the Dark, Death Walks at Midnight), this unique and lesser-known entry in Martino s filmography serves as an essential link between two different movements in Italian popular cinema.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
Original mono Italian and English soundtracks (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
New interviews with director Sergio Martino and cinematographer Giancarlo Ferrando
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Chris Malbon
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector s booklet featuring new writing by Barry Forshaw
Old 9th June 2017, 02:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I've not seen Suspicious Death of a Minor (quite a famous title as well) is it any good?
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th June 2017, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They've also ruined Shameless's announcement too (that Jamiouse posted about the other week)

Torso [Blu-ray] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071248G..._6aRozbCZYCRWS
JAMIOUSE and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th June 2017, 02:33 PM
Cult Veteran

Wooo

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th June 2017, 02:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:

Wooo
Wooo indeed!
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!