LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2019, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Same, I ordered the Splinter cover and mine came to £29.60-ish

It seems expensive but the quality of set actually makes it seem worth-while when you get it!

I’m gonna get their new Maniac set too, but I’m in no rush for that so I’ll probably wait until next month for that one, WOWHD is the cheapest I’ve seen that too
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th January 2019, 05:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Got both Maniac and ZFE (splinter cover) from wowhd, still wrapped but thought i'd get them before they disappear like so much else these days! ZFE was around £29, Maniac around £23
Old 24th January 2019, 06:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Sounds like we all have the ZOMBIE 'splinter' cover.
Old 24th January 2019, 06:36 PM
Active Cultist

continuing to go off topic, is wowhd the cheapest place to buy region a films?
I'm on the verge of giving up on buying them because of costs.
Old 24th January 2019, 06:41 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
continuing to go off topic, is wowhd the cheapest place to buy region a films?
I'm on the verge of giving up on buying them because of costs.
Pretty much yes, if it's above £15 they add the 20% VAT on top though so I'll only buy something straight away if I really want it, like Zombie Flesh Eaters, otherwise I'll wait until it drops below £15.

It's free delivery as well.

They have multiple trading arms as well, you can buy their discs on Amazon Marketplace as well as eBay. I think they use the name AllYourMusic there.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th January 2019, 06:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Sounds like we all have the ZOMBIE 'splinter' cover.
Bought the bridge cover.
Rik and Dave Boy like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th January 2019, 09:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

So, are the current arrow titles (waterworld/crimson peak/forbidden photos etc) just going to go unpurchased as people can't afford amazon prices, or do we think they will drop their prices in the end?
Old 24th January 2019, 09:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Unless it's a Limited Edition release that's in danger of selling out, I only buy Arrow releases when they hit either the Arrow store sale or the HMV 5 for £30.

I used to buy all my LE releases direct from Arrow, but since they changed their store, increased their prices slightly and started charging for shipping I was using HMV exclusively. Luckily for me there hasn't been a LE release since the HMV debacle that I've been interested in purchasing to give me cause to look elsewhere.

I think the next one I'm planning on getting is The Ring steelbook, which seems the cheapest from Zavvi at the moment (£15.99), so will probably go with them if HMV's issues haven't been resolved by then.
Old 25th January 2019, 04:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Diabolik shared this on Facebook earlier, might be of interest to some:

“More than spectacle. An experience for all of your life.” Exciting news for fans of cult cinema -- Arrow Video are slated to issue a remastered collection of several essential works from cinematic mystic Alejandro Jodorowsky! According to his son Brontis Jodorowsky, the box set will contain new 4K restorations of the surreal shocker FANDO & LIS (1968), his midnight movie trailblazer EL TOPO (1970) and the allegorical masterpiece THE HOLY MOUNTAIN (1973). The actor also states he contributed a long interview to join an expected bounty of extras, and, “lots of memories came back!” Watch this space for more details as they become available!

Bruce Holecheck, 2019
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th January 2019, 05:44 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Diabolik shared this on Facebook earlier, might be of interest to some:

“More than spectacle. An experience for all of your life.” Exciting news for fans of cult cinema -- Arrow Video are slated to issue a remastered collection of several essential works from cinematic mystic Alejandro Jodorowsky! According to his son Brontis Jodorowsky, the box set will contain new 4K restorations of the surreal shocker FANDO & LIS (1968), his midnight movie trailblazer EL TOPO (1970) and the allegorical masterpiece THE HOLY MOUNTAIN (1973). The actor also states he contributed a long interview to join an expected bounty of extras, and, “lots of memories came back!” Watch this space for more details as they become available!

Bruce Holecheck, 2019
Justin101 and Rob4 like this.

Last edited by bleakshaun; 25th January 2019 at 06:49 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!