Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2018, 01:12 PM
Cult Addict

The Christopher Walken title is Ferraras The Addiction. It's up now on Amazon.
Old 29th March 2018, 01:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

B_E will be happy then
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th March 2018, 01:14 PM
Cult Addict

Something called Jake Speed too. Never heard of it.
Old 29th March 2018, 01:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’ve not heard of any of the other titles, so bugger all for me again
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th March 2018, 01:29 PM
Cult Addict

The Addiction
Jake Speed
The Quiet Earth
and
The Complete Sartana Limited Edition
Old 29th March 2018, 01:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That was something I was thinking with my comment – it's probably better to be part of an agreement with a major player on the home entertainment circuit than struggle on your own. Sony DADC will be able to give Argent much more exposure than I have at present, and probably be there for advice regarding packaging and format, so it could be a win-win arrangement.
Yes, we all think you've been a bit rubbish to be honest.
Old 29th March 2018, 01:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Not exactly the most exciting titles again!
Old 29th March 2018, 02:05 PM
Cult Master

"NEW UK TITLE: The Boondock Saints (Prime Video)

Available via Prime Video Channels March 30th March, coming to Blu-ray soon!

THY KINGDOM COME. THY WILL BE DONE.

Boston, Massachusetts. Home of clam chowder, the Red Sox and Harvard. Home, too, to some of the roughest, toughest criminals ever to walk the streets. When the bungling McManus brothers, Conner (Sean Patrick Flanery, Saw 3D) and Murphy (Norman Reedus, The Walking Dead), inadvertently end up taking out a pair of Russian Mafiosi, they realise they’ve found their calling and embark on a mission to cleanse their city of criminals, inspired by the tactics of on-screen vigilantes like Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson. But their vigilante antics soon attract the attention of Paul Smecker (Willem Dafoe, To Live and Die in LA), an FBI agent with his own unique approach to fighting crime, setting the stage for an epic confrontation that will redefine the words “truth” and “justice”.

Released in early 2000 in the wake of the infamous Columbine High School massacre, writer/director Troy Duffy’s tale of ultra-violent vigilantism was all but buried during its brief theatrical run but went on to enjoy a second wind on home video and has since attained cult status. With its irreverent humour and unflinching portrayal of violence, The Boondock Saints offers its own distinctive take on the seedy world of organised crime.

Director: Troy Duffy
Cast: Willem Dafoe, Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus

Arrow Video on Prime Video Channels is available via the existing Prime Video app to watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, iOs and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/channels/arrowvideo. You can sign up now for a 7 day free trial."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th March 2018, 02:08 PM
Cult Master

"NEW UK TITLE: Jake Speed (Blu-ray)

A ripe slice of ’80s action cheese in the tradition of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Romancing the Stone

Release date: 4 June

When her sister is taken by a gang of white slavers, Margaret (Karen Kopins, Troop Beverly Hills) knows she needs a hero with a difference to bring her home. Enter Jake Speed (Wayne Crawford, Barracuda), leaping from the pages of pulp thriller novels and into the real world. With Margaret in tow and his trusty sidekick Desmond Floyd (Dennis Christopher, Chariots of Fire) in tow, Jake arrives hot on the heels of the kidnappers in a southern African country gripped by civil war. But it soon turns out Jake got more than he bargained for when he discovers that the ringleader of the slavers is none other than his own arch-nemesis: the wicked, criminally insane Sid (John Hurt, Alien, The Osterman Weekend)…

A ripe slice of ’80s action cheese in the tradition of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Romancing the Stone, Jake Speed has it all: romance, death-defying stunts, spellbinding scenery shot on location in Zimbabwe… and best of all, a wickedly off-the-wall performance by the late John Hurt, proving the old adage that a hero is nothing without a worthy foe.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original lossless 2.0 stereo audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Paperback Wishes, Cinematic Dreams, a new interview with co-writer/producer/director Andrew Lane
• The Hard Way Reads Better, a new interview with producer William Fay
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Mark Cunliffe"

g053584398 likes this.

Old 29th March 2018, 02:11 PM
Cult Master

"NEW UK TITLE: The Quiet Earth (Blu-ray)

Attained cult status as one of the most distinctive post-apocalyptic sci-fi movies of the 1980s.

Release date: 18 June

Zac Hobson (Bruno Lawrence, As Time Goes By), a scientist working on a pioneering energy project, wakes up one morning to find that the technology has malfunctioned, leaving him as seemingly the only man left on earth. As Zac wanders the deserted city of Hamilton, New Zealand, hoping to find some remnant of life besides himself, his mind begins to disintegrate until fantasy and reality blur together in a heady, terrifying cocktail.

Directed by Geoff Murphy (Under Siege 2, Freejack) and adapted from the 1982 novel of the same name, The Quiet Earth has attained cult status as one of the most distinctive post-apocalyptic sci-fi movies of the 1980s. By turns haunting, surreal and inscrutable, the film asks questions about humankind’s insatiable appetite for destruction that are arguably as prescient today as they were at the time of its release thirty years ago.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Lossless 5.1 surround and 2.0 stereo audio options
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• New audio commentary by critic Travis Crawford
• New video essay on the film by critic Bryan Reesman
• New interview with critic Kim Newman on the post-apocalyptic movies of the 1980s
• Original theatrical trailer
• Stills gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Laz Marquez

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Amy Simmons"

Like this? Share it using the links below!