Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree23112Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15641  
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:07 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Just ordered Arrow's ltd ed.....

__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #15642  
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:37 PM
g053584398's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Yorkshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Just ordered Arrow's ltd ed.....

I bloody love Flash Gordon! I can still remember sitting watching it as a wide-eyed five year old in the cinema, in Scarborough I believe it was, and the colours, the soundtrack and the action just blew me away. And even though I was only five at the time, on some level, perhaps deep in the DNA we share with our ancestors, I knew that Ornella Muti was a breathtakingly fit example of womanhood!

"Gordon's alive?"
__________________
A bit of a cult...

Last edited by g053584398; 4th September 2020 at 12:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15643  
Old 4th September 2020, 04:22 AM
MuckyFunster's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default The Arrow Thread

I visited the planetarium in Berlin last year and saw the “Queen Heaven” film, broadcast onto the dome screen. It was a really cool experience. Was like an hour long montage of queen music videos with some graphics and footage from the music videos and live performances.

Anyway, the film began with ‘Flash’, and they pumped the room with a smoke machine just as the lights went out and the opening bars of the song began. When there was the first electric sparkle sound they had lightning like lasers shoot across the room and the screen lit up with the “Aaah-aaah”.

Was really incredible. I’m still getting goosebumps thinking about it.

Here’s a cool trailer for the planetarium show. 360° trailer, so if you’re watching on a mobile phone you can wave your phone around and see it from different angles





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 4th September 2020 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15644  
Old 4th September 2020, 12:13 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Just ordered Arrow's ltd ed.....

...of what?
Reply With Quote
  #15645  
Old 4th September 2020, 07:50 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
...of what?
Ted.
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #15646  
Old 4th September 2020, 07:56 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Really looking forward to this.


Graeme73, MuckyFunster and Rob4 like this.
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #15647  
Old 4th September 2020, 08:04 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
I visited the planetarium in Berlin last year and saw the “Queen Heaven” film, broadcast onto the dome screen. It was a really cool experience. Was like an hour long montage of queen music videos with some graphics and footage from the music videos and live performances.

Anyway, the film began with ‘Flash’, and they pumped the room with a smoke machine just as the lights went out and the opening bars of the song began. When there was the first electric sparkle sound they had lightning like lasers shoot across the room and the screen lit up with the “Aaah-aaah”.

Was really incredible. I’m still getting goosebumps thinking about it.

Here’s a cool trailer for the planetarium show. 360° trailer, so if you’re watching on a mobile phone you can wave your phone around and see it from different angles





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Queen were arguably the best British rock group ever.
There'll never be another Queen or Freddie Mercury.
In fact the only person who could come close to hitting his vocal range was.....

MuckyFunster likes this.
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #15648  
Old 4th September 2020, 10:01 PM
gag's Avatar
gag gag is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Here there and everywhere
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Really looking forward to this.


That looks excellent, is it a old film due for release by arrow or is it a new film with a old 80s feel to it?
Reply With Quote
  #15649  
Old 5th September 2020, 07:23 AM
Paul@TheOverlook's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tavistock, Devon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
That looks excellent, is it a old film due for release by arrow or is it a new film with a old 80s feel to it?

It’s an old film (mid-80s). It had a VHS release but hasn’t been issued since. I’ve not seen it but I had a tape 15-20 years ago that I picked up to sell and it went for good money.
g053584398 and nosferatu42 like this.
__________________
Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Criticbusters
Reply With Quote
  #15650  
Old 5th September 2020, 10:58 AM
gag's Avatar
gag gag is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Here there and everywhere
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
It’s an old film (mid-80s). It had a VHS release but hasn’t been issued since. I’ve not seen it but I had a tape 15-20 years ago that I picked up to sell and it went for good money.
Right thanks, just never heard of it.
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.