Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2021, 04:02 PM
Cult Master

NEW US/CA TITLE: Legend (Limited Edition Blu-ray)

Release date: 'Coming soon'!

"After changing the face of science fiction cinema forever with Alien and Blade Runner, director Ridley Scott turned his visionary eye to the fantasy genre, teaming with writer William Hjortsberg (Angel Heart) to create a breathtaking cinematic fairytale with one of the screen’s most astonishingly rendered depictions of Evil.

In an idyllic, sun-dappled forest, the pure-hearted Jack (Tom Cruise) takes his true love Princess Lili (Mia Sara) to see a pair of unicorns frolicking at the forest’s edge. Little do they know that the Lord of Darkness (Tim Curry, in a remarkable make-up designed by The Thing’s Rob Bottin) has dispatched his minions to capture the unicorns and sever their horns so that he may plunge the world into everlasting night. After Lili and the unicorns are taken prisoner, Jack must team with a group of forest creatures and descend into Darkness’ subterranean lair to face off against the devilish creature before it is too late.

Despite a troubled production in which the elaborate full-size forest set was accidentally incinerated and a lengthy post-production that resulted in multiple versions of the film (with competing music scores by Jerry Goldsmith and Tangerine Dream), Legend has since been restored to Scott’s original cut and embraced by generations of film fans eager to see a master director’s unique vision of a world beyond our imagination.
"

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentations of the U.S. Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 stereo audio on both cuts
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts
  • Illustrated perfect-bound book with new writing by Nicholas Clement and Kat Ellinger and archive materials including production notes and a 2002 interview with Charles de Lauzirika about the restoration of the Director’s Cut
  • Large double-sided poster with newly commissioned artwork by Neil Davies and original theatrical artwork by John Alvin
  • Glossy full-color portraits of the cast photographed by Annie Leibovitz
  • Six double-sided postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Neil Davies and original theatrical artwork by John Alvin

DISC 1: US THEATRICAL CUT
  • New 2K restoration of the US Theatrical Cut from original materials including a 4K scan of the original negative
  • New commentary by Paul M. Sammon author of Ridley Scott: The Making of His Movies
  • 2002 Reconstructed isolated score by Tangerine Dream
  • Isolated music and effects track
  • A Fairytale in Pinewood, new featurette interviewing grip David Cadwalladr, costume designer Charles Knode, co-star Annabelle Lanyon, camera operator Peter MacDonald, set decorator Ann Mollo and draftsman John Ralph
  • Incarnations of a Legend, comparison featurette written and narrated by critic Travis Crawford
  • The Directors: Ridley Scott, 2003 documentary where the director discusses his career, including Legend
  • “Is Your Love Strong Enough?” music video by Bryan Ferry

DISC 2: DIRECTOR’S CUT
  • Commentary by Ridley Scott
  • Creating A Myth: Memories of Legend, a 2002 documentary with interviews with Ridley Scott, William Hjortsberg, Mia Sara, Tim Curry, Rob Bottin and others
  • Original promotional featurette
  • Alternate ‘Four Goblins’ opening and ‘The Fairie Dance’ deleted scene
  • Storyboard galleries for three deleted scenes
  • Two drafts of William Hjortsberg’s screenplay
  • Alternate footage from the overseas release plus textless footage
  • Trailers and TV spots
  • Still galleries

*EXTRAS STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE*”

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th June 2021, 06:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Children of the Corn Trilogy UHD and Blu-ray

Release date: September 27

"TIME TO REAP THE HARVEST!

Best-selling author Stephen King sowed the seeds for a bumper crop of horror films with his classic collection Night Shift. But few would sprout into the kind of franchise that Children of the Corn would grow to be.

In the cult classic original a young couple (Linda Hamilton and Peter Horton) find themselves stranded in the small town of Gatlin, Nebraska where they meet a religious cult of children led by the mysterious Isaac and the unhinged Malachi and learn the blood-curdling secrets of He Who Walks Behind the Rows. Meanwhile in Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice, the well meaning locals of nearby Hemingford adopt the children who survived the original terror, but all is not as it seems. A new harvest is about to begin. Finally, Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest brings terror to the big city, as two orphaned boys from Gatlin are taken into foster care in Chicago, where He Who Walks Behind the Rows begins to walk again!

Featuring the original film in Ultra High Definition and alternate cuts of both its follow-ups for the first time on Blu-ray, plus a wealth of new and archival extras, the Children of the Corn Trilogy box set is a terrifying treat!"

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all three films
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of Children of the Corn
  • Alternate cuts of Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice and Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 audio options for all three films
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • 60-page perfect bound book featuring new writing by John Sullivan, Lee Gambin, Stacie Ponder, Craig Martin and Guy Adams
  • Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

DISC 1 - CHILDREN OF THE CORN (BLU-RAY / 4K UHD BLU-RAY)
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative by Arrow Films
  • Audio commentary with horror journalist Justin Beahm and Children of the Corn historian John Sullivan
  • Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
  • Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn – retrospective piece featuring interviews with director Fritz Kiersch and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
  • It Was the Eighties! – an interview with actress Linda Hamilton
  • Return to Gatlin – brand new featurette revisiting the film’s original Iowa shooting locations
  • Stephen King on a Shoestring – an interview with producer Donald Borchers
  • Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn – an interview with production designer Craig Stearns and composer Jonathan Elias
  • Cut from the Cornfield – an interview with the actor who played “The Blue Man” in the fabled excised sequence
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Disciples of the Crow, a 1983 short film adaptation of Stephen King's short story

DISC 2 - CHILDREN OF THE CORN II: THE FINAL SACRIFICE (BLU-RAY)
  • Two versions of the film: the International Cut, and the US Theatrical Cut with additional CGI and an alternate audio mix (via seamless branching)
  • Brand new audio commentary by critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
  • Brand new audio commentary by critic Lee Gambin, in conversation with director David Price
  • A New Harvest, a brand new interview with director David Price
  • Sowing the Seeds of Terror, a brand new interview with co-screenwriter A.L. Katz
  • Framing Fear, a brand new interview with cinematographer Levie Isaacks
  • Workprint version of the film
  • Stills gallery
  • Theatrical Trailer
DISC 3 - CHILDREN OF THE CORN III: URBAN HARVEST (BLU-RAY)
  • Two versions of the film, the R-rated US Cut and the Unrated International Cut with extended ending (via seamless branching)
  • Brand new audio commentary by critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
  • Corn in the City, a brand new interview with screenwriter Dode Leveson
  • Corn in the USA, a brand new visual essay by author and critic Guy Adams
  • Early treatments, versions of the story from the development process
  • Stills Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailer

**Extras subject to change**

****ing
Superb.

And a reaper will lead them.....
nosferatu42, Graeme73 and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th June 2021, 06:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Children Of The Corn Box
Cold War Creatures Box
Death Screams O Card

ORDERED!
g053584398 and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th June 2021, 06:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

MIGHT be tempted by LEGEND depending on the reverse art.

I have the fnac French steelbook just now.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AV378_Legend_Exploded_Pack-scaled.jpg (101.3 KB, 10 views)
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

Old 25th June 2021, 07:13 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
MIGHT be tempted by LEGEND depending on the reverse art.

I have the fnac French steelbook just now.....
There is an 'original art' limited version as well, Diabolik exclusive maybe??

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th June 2021, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran

Sorry, Zavvi US exclusive

Old 26th June 2021, 05:39 AM
Cultist

Death Screams ordered- love the unique packaging. Corn UHD might follow, but only 1&3 are any good.

The Cold War Monsters thing is Arrow Academy disguised as Arrow Video... I'm on to you Hut Ltd...
Old 26th June 2021, 05:17 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Sorry, Zavvi US exclusive

$70
Old 26th June 2021, 06:20 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
$70
I was surprised myself when I browsed to the page... I know American products are more expensive but that's a joke

Old 27th June 2021, 11:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post

Death Screams O Card

ORDERED!
Quiet boring night at work plenty of Internet access equals me ordering the same one

Like this? Share it using the links below!