All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2023, 06:25 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Still waiting on Amazon to ship my Bruce Lee 4K set, which they somehow aren't getting until the 24th. Dreading to think what state it will arrive in. Far too many people receiving copies with damage. Saw one on Twitter that looked horrendous and Arrow replied to them calling it "minor damage".

Here it is 🫣

IMG_3771.jpg
Old 20th July 2023, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran

For £120 you'd expect a bit of padding in the packaging. They should ask Powerhouse about sending product through the post!

I saw an unboxing video on YouTube and his copy was dinged up too, but no-where near as bad as that.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th July 2023, 06:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Wow! i'd be on to Amazon demanding they refund me 20% for that damage. That's terrible.

Edit - My mistake, that's clearly from Arrow in that condition or they wouldn't be commenting on it.

Minor damage? The operative word is damage. There shouldn't be any damage. Cretins.
Old 20th July 2023, 07:23 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Wow! i'd be on to Amazon demanding they refund me 20% for that damage. That's terrible.

Edit - My mistake, that's clearly from Arrow in that condition or they wouldn't be commenting on it.

Minor damage? The operative word is damage. There shouldn't be any damage. Cretins.

Yeah a lot of people receiving them damaged. Arrow (or their fulfilment centre) are sending them in a box with a single layer of bubblewrap placed on top.
Old 20th July 2023, 07:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

I don't understand why they contest claims. Surely they take out postage insurance?
g053584398 likes this.
Old 21st July 2023, 12:24 PM
Cult Master

From MelonFarmers:

"Cut by the BBFC for X rated cinema release. Fight scenes were substituted for banned nunchuks for 18 rated VHS. Uncut and 18 rated for DVD and 15 rated for 2023 cinema release. The film is uncut in the US but there also exists a shortened Hong Kong Version.

Long-lost unseen footage of the celebrated log fight scene from the Bruce Lee film Game of Death is to be released as bonus material in a new box set marking the 50th anniversary of the famed actor and martial artist's death.

The log fight scene, so called because of the large piece of wood that one of actors wields at the start of the sequence, is part of the approximately 100 minutes of raw footage that Lee shot in 1972, before production was halted to enable Lee to take up Warner Bros' offer to make Enter the Dragon . The scene features Chieh Yuan, as one of Lee's allies, in combat with Dan Inosanto, who plays a master of Filipino martial art eskrima.

The log fight scene was known from photographs taken on the set, and from very brief excerpts used in the 1978 version. It appears to have become separated from the rest of the Game of Death footage after Lee's death, and was discovered in 2016 in the Hong Kong archives of film studio Fortune Star, which now owns the catalogue of Game of Death producers Golden Harvest."

Full article in The Guardian
g053584398 and Nuno_Miranda like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th July 2023, 03:17 PM
Cult Master

"***NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING!***

Join us this Friday (July 28th) at 3.00pm BST / 7.00am PT / 10.00am ET for our October new title reveals!"

Suggestions include: Leif Jonker's Darkness (1993), Sixth Sense, Boxing Helena, The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea, Psycho (remake), Zombie Flesh Eaters, Holes, Peeping Tom, Witness
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2023 October titles.jpg (77.7 KB, 41 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th July 2023, 03:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

Suggestions include: Leif Jonker's Darkness (1993), Sixth Sense, Boxing Helena, The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea, Psycho (remake), Zombie Flesh Eaters, Holes, Peeping Tom, Witness
Won't be Peeping Tom as it's with StudioCanal and they are constantly hinting about a new 4K release.

Would be nice if it's What the Peeper Saw but it's unlikely seeing as that is something that would be worth picking up.
Old 26th July 2023, 04:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Won't be the 2002 film My Little Eye, has that been given a upgrade to blu-ray???
Old 26th July 2023, 04:32 PM
Cult Veteran

Boxing Helena would be good, not seen that since VHS days.

The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea does heavily feature a boy spying on his mother through a hole in the wall so that fits well, didn't know there was a film of it actually, I read the book last year while I had covid

I wouldn't put it past them doing the Psycho remake though, could have got the licensing in a job lot with the other 4 films but felt like it didn't fit in the box set?

ZFE would be a 4k special edition which I'd welcome...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!