Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26057Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2016, 05:02 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Lets hope they're better than the last two announcements then.... Somehow I don't think so. My money is on some more obscure Japanese tosh, a Terry Gilliam snoozefest or Woody Allen.....again, a couple of re-issues and if we're really, really lucky an actual cult horror film that hasn't been released yonks ago in the USA and most of us own already.

Yeah, I'm a pessimist but I just cannot get excited by watching Arrow disappear up their own arse. I'll just wait for the four or five releases a year that are actually worth buying.
I pray that the march wiil have the argento tittle
Old 5th December 2016, 07:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bava - remember him, Fulci, Argento just something cult related would be nice. The last big surprise was Solange as I really wasn't expecting Arrow to release that.

The past few announcements have just been terrible and judging from some of the items in their Black Friday Sale aren't exactly flying out of the door. It's all very well doing arty titles, Japanese cinema and things but don't forget your core audiance, which I think Arrow has.

I'm still waiting for the HG Lewis boxset to drop from £92.99 on Amazon, if it was below £60 I would have bought it by now.
Old 5th December 2016, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Bava - remember him
Mario or Lamberto? As far as I'm concerned, releases from either or both would be welcome.
Old 5th December 2016, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Mario or Lamberto? As far as I'm concerned, releases from either or both would be welcome.
Either! Arrow stated years ago when they first started releasing Mario Bava titles that they would release as many titles from the maestro as possible. There hasn't been anything since Five Dolls, I'm still hoping for a Planet of the Vampires disc...
Old 5th December 2016, 08:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm still hoping for a Planet of the Vampires disc...
That would be awesome.
Old 5th December 2016, 08:27 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Either! Arrow stated years ago when they first started releasing Mario Bava titles that they would release as many titles from the maestro as possible. There hasn't been anything since Five Dolls, I'm still hoping for a Planet of the Vampires disc...
They promised more bava but there they promised takes to long
Old 5th December 2016, 09:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I think they're working on Kill Baby Kill still. Kino are apparently also working on it for the US market but commented earlier on in the year about some complications (I think in terms of elements) holding things up so Arrow are probably also at the mercy of these complications.

Planet of the Vampires I think is still owned by Sony in the UK so is more likely to come from either Eureka or Powerhouse (if anyone). Danger: Diabolik is Paramount so very unlikely to get an Arrow release either, which pretty much leaves the Bava well tapped for now.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th December 2016, 10:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think they're working on Kill Baby Kill still. Kino are apparently also working on it for the US market but commented earlier on in the year about some complications (I think in terms of elements) holding things up so Arrow are probably also at the mercy of these complications.

Planet of the Vampires I think is still owned by Sony in the UK so is more likely to come from either Eureka or Powerhouse (if anyone). Danger: Diabolik is Paramount so very unlikely to get an Arrow release either, which pretty much leaves the Bava well tapped for now.
Do you know who owns Hercules In The Haunted World, B.E?
keirarts and Deadite like this.
Old 6th December 2016, 07:12 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Do you know who owns Hercules In The Haunted World, B.E?
I know Image licensed it in the US, but it has never been released in the UK (on disc) so I'm not sure who owns the rights here now if anybody. If the rights are available and reasonably priced and the materials are in good shape I'd hope that some company would give it a decent release at some point.

It may be even one worth suggesting to Marc Morris for the potential next Nucleus Indiegogo campaign.
mr 420 and keirarts like this.
Old 6th December 2016, 10:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Bava - remember him, Fulci, Argento just something cult related would be nice. The last big surprise was Solange as I really wasn't expecting Arrow to release that.
Time for Kill Baby Kill surely? I've got such a shitty transfer of that film.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!