Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

It's not Possession, which is with Second Sight - Eureka has already posted stills for The Third Part of the Night, The Devil and On the Silver Globe.

But, like Possession, you couldn't exactly call any of these quiet or understated.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:34 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Have you never seen Possession with Sam Neil and Isabelle Adjani?

Edit - Oh, right. I see you made an edit.
Yes. Madness, and I wasn't sure if it was in a good way. I've held on to the second sight disc but I'm still not sure if it'll get watched again.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Yes. Madness, and I wasn't sure if it was in a good way. I've held on to the second sight disc but I'm still not sure if it'll get watched again.

It is one of those movies that can have you questioning if you can watch it a second time but you have to admire the direction and the acting.
Old 22nd February 2023, 08:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

On the Silver Globe makes Possession seem halfway normal. The only film I can think of that's even vaguely in the same ballpark is Hard To Be A God.
Old 22nd February 2023, 08:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
On the Silver Globe makes Possession seem halfway normal. The only film I can think of that's even vaguely in the same ballpark is Hard To Be A God.
On The Silver Globe I haven't seen and you have certainly peaked my curiosity about it.
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I didn't like Possession at all. I'm in a minority i think. Adjani did my head in. I understand that was probably the point of the film but it wasn't in any way entertaining for me.
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I didn't like Possession at all. I'm in a minority i think. Adjani did my head in. I understand that was probably the point of the film but it wasn't in any way entertaining for me.
I always thought you had something of soft spot for Possession...my bad.
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I always thought you had something of soft spot for Possession...my bad.
Haha. No. Definitely not me.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 23rd February 2023, 04:29 PM
Cult Addict

I didn't hate it but I really didn't see what the fuss is about. It was a mess of a film

Old 23rd February 2023, 07:09 PM
Cult Master

Full details:

'Andrzej Zulawski: Three Films' - Limited Edition Blu-Ray Box Set pre-order available from Eureka Films direct - £42:99

Release date: May 22

"An uncompromising visionary and a true maverick of European cinema, the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present three films by Andrzej Żuławski, all making their UK debuts on Blu-ray from new 4K restorations.

Rich with multilayered symbolism and apocalyptic imagery, The Third Part of the Night is Żuławski’s highly influential debut feature film. After his whole family is slaughtered during the Nazi-occupation of Poland, Michal (Leszek Teleszyński) decides to join the resistance but descends into madness after encountering a doppelgänger of his murdered wife.

The Devil is a violent tale of Satanic seduction during the Prussian invasion of Poland in the 17th century, which proved so controversial upon release that it was banned for 16 years.

And finally, On the Silver Globe, Żuławski’s masterpiece about a team of astronauts who land on a desolate planet and start a new society. When filming was 80% complete, the Polish government ordered the production to be shut down and all the negatives be destroyed. Miraculously, the original film reels were preserved and ten years later the film was presented at the Cannes Film Festival to great acclaim."

Special features:
  • Limited Edition Box Set [3000 Copies]
  • Limited Edition Hardbound Slipcase
  • All films presented in 1080p HD from definitive 4K restorations
  • Optional English Subtitles for all films, from translations by Daniel Bird and approved by director Andrzej Żuławski before his death in 2016
  • Escape to the Silver Globe (dir. Kuba Mikurda, 2021) – acclaimed documentary on the production history of On the Silver Globe
  • Brand new feature length audio commentary on On the Silver Globe by Daniel Bird
  • Michael Brooke on “The Third Part of the Night” – Brand new interview
  • Michael Brooke on “The Devil” – Brand new interview
  • Brand new video piece by Daniel Bird on the cinematography of On the Silver Globe
  • Brand new video piece by Daniel Bird on the costumes and props of On the Silver Globe
  • Brand new documentary short by Daniel Bird using previously unseen archival footage from the filming of On the Silver Globe
  • Brand new interview with Lukasz Żuławski
  • Brand new interview with Adam Żuławski
  • A Limited Edition 60-page collector’s book featuring new essays and archival material
**All Extras Subject to Change

nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!