Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2023, 09:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The thing with Eureka catalogue titles is once they've been out a little while they drop to that £9.50- £11 mark which i think is decent value. Out of sale Arrow and 88 titles are still at least £13-15 so you need those reductions which brings them in line with Eureka's normal price.

For example the Arrow stuff are currently £9.99 on Amazon and £9 on Arrow's site plus however much postage per title. I was thinking of getting either The Man from Laramie or Khartoum next from Eureka neither of which are over £10.50 normal price.

I've bought several in recent weeks - Two Rode Together, Born Free, The African Queen, Day of the Outlaw, The Vikings and Five Graves to Cairo

And before anyone says but The Inner Sanctum Mysteries is still £22 or Karloff at Columbia is £17.99, well how much do Arrow, Indicator and 88 Films ask for six film sets? A hell of a lot more than those prices.
Eurekas prices on those collections are actually really good. Even on day one those Karloff sets are around £28.
I suppose maybe I'm living in the past a bit. They used to do sales, only seems two or three years ago and titles would be £6 or £7. Now they're 2 for £20 plus postage and I'm supposed to consider it a bargain.
Old 15th February 2023, 09:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Eurekas prices on those collections are actually really good. Even on day one those Karloff sets are around £28.
I suppose maybe I'm living in the past a bit. They used to do sales, only seems two or three years ago and titles would be £6 or £7. Now they're 2 for £20 plus postage and I'm supposed to consider it a bargain.
Well for a start shipping is free from Eureka's website.

What i'm saying is their normal prices on Amazon are reasonable enough for a disc with collectors booklet. So reasonable in fact that they are the same as Arrow's sale prices.

As for buying titles at £6 or £7 yes that's true but you could also buy Arrow and other cult labels in Fopp for £6 which you can't now.
Old 15th February 2023, 09:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Well for a start shipping is free from Eureka's website.

What i'm saying is their normal prices on Amazon are reasonable enough for a disc with collectors booklet. So reasonable in fact that they are the same as Arrow's sale prices.

As for buying titles at £6 or £7 yes that's true but you could also buy Arrow and other cult labels in Fopp for £6 which you can't now.
I didn't know shipping was free Dem. Shows how long its been. Every bugger seems to charge for shipping these days.
But yeah I know, i know. I used to get some bargains in Fopp every time I went to Bristol. Really miss that store.
Anything over seven or eight quid for a single film just feels like a joke for a sale price. Deep down i know its just me.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th February 2023, 10:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Most of those titles are now sold out – only Inherit the Wind and Monkey Shines are (at time of writing) still in stock, and good value at £10 each.
Old 15th February 2023, 11:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Most of those titles are now sold out – only Inherit the Wind and Monkey Shines are (at time of writing) still in stock, and good value at £10 each.
Based on this I've just ordered Monkey Shines through Amazon. Tiny saving and same day delivery.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 22nd February 2023, 06:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Listed on Amazon

An uncompromising visionary and a true maverick of European cinema, the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present three films by Andrzej Żuławski, all making their UK debuts on Blu-ray from new 4K restorations.

Official announcement tomorrow.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Listed on Amazon

An uncompromising visionary and a true maverick of European cinema, the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present three films by Andrzej Żuławski, all making their UK debuts on Blu-ray from new 4K restorations.

There seems to have been some excitement about this. I've never heard if him.

Edit: Oh hang on I have, the guy that made that bonkers Possession film with Sam Neil.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
There seems to have been some excitement about this. I've never heard if him.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Have you never seen Possession with Sam Neil and Isabelle Adjani?

Edit - Oh, right. I see you made an edit.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Listed on Amazon

Possession in 4K
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Possession in 4K
It may not be Possession.

Also it says on Blu-ray from 4K restorations not 4k discs.

Like this? Share it using the links below!