Good Trader

Rumour is...

The Fog
The Howling
The Burning
Lifeforce
Night of the Comet
Day of the Dead

Prob just The Fog and The Burning for me then...
Old 17th November 2012, 02:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yep I just heard they were:

- "The Fog"
- "The Howling"
- "The Burning"
- "Lifeforce"
- "Night of the Comet"
- "Day of the Dead"

Really hyped for all of these. I've held on to my old bare bones Night of the Comet for long enough, time to see it in blu
Old 17th November 2012, 02:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's official:

***EXCLUSIVE "SUPER-SIZED" ANNOUNCE!***

The wait is over! We can now officially reveal some really cool and beloved horror classics from the 80s that will be coming from the "Factory" in 2013:

- THE FOG (1980): John Carpenter's seaside ghostly revenge flick with Adrienne Barbeau and Jamie Lee Curtis. New extras are in the works! First time on Blu-ray

- THE BURNING (1981): Summer Camp. Garden shears. Tom Savini effects. Need we say more? First time on Blu-ray

- THE HOWLING (1981): Joe Dante's ultimate werewolf pic with superb Rob Bottin effects. First time on Blu-ray.

- LIFEFORCE (1985): Tobe Hooper's space vampires and light-show extravaganza finally gets its first ever anamorphic widescreen presentation! First time on Blu-ray.

- NIGHT OF THE COMET (1984): Shopping and zombies highlight this post-Doomsday cult classic. First time on Blu-ray.

- DAY OF THE DEAD (1985): George Romero's splattery undead classic gets a new collector's edition with new extras.
Old 17th November 2012, 02:49 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed but I'm sure plenty will be overjoyed. Was hoping for maybe one older title - an AIP maybe - or even something like MOTEL HELL.Never liked NOTC, haven't seen LIFEFORCE since it came out and wasn't a big fan, HOWLING I watched for the umpteenth time last year and felt it had dated badly and DAY would have to be a big improvement PQ wise over the other versions.
Old 17th November 2012, 03:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed but I'm sure plenty will be overjoyed. Was hoping for maybe one older title - an AIP maybe - or even something like MOTEL HELL.Never liked NOTC, haven't seen LIFEFORCE since it came out and wasn't a big fan, HOWLING I watched for the umpteenth time last year and felt it had dated badly and DAY would have to be a big improvement PQ wise over the other versions.
To each his own. The top 4 were on my wish list. Good to see these are all coming in blu ray special editions. Hopefully theres a couple you like.
Old 17th November 2012, 03:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Fog I'm definantly getting, love the movie, so glad I held off the UK blu last time I ordered.

The Burning I'm positively over the MOON about, fantastic movie, been dying for a blu ray for quite some time.

The Howling.... Hmm, maybe when (or if) it gets a bit cheaper, but I've been interested enough to watch it, never caught my fancy

Lifeforce has always interested me, and will get it, and it sounds quite good.

Night Of The Comet I've heard good thing about, can never have enough 80's cheese.

Will upgrade Day Of The Dead, as the Arrow PQ left me desiring better, and it wil no doubt be a cool collectors edition.
Criterion7 likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th November 2012, 03:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
The Fog I'm definantly getting, love the movie, so glad I held off the UK blu last time I ordered.

The Burning I'm positively over the MOON about, fantastic movie, been dying for a blu ray for quite some time.

The Howling.... Hmm, maybe when (or if) it gets a bit cheaper, but I've been interested enough to watch it, never caught my fancy

Lifeforce has always interested me, and will get it, and it sounds quite good.

Night Of The Comet I've heard good thing about, can never have enough 80's cheese.

Will upgrade Day Of The Dead, as the Arrow PQ left me desiring better, and it wil no doubt be a cool collectors edition.
Just read your post over at blu-ray.com.

Not a werewolf fan huh?

I definitely need me some Werewolf in blu
Old 17th November 2012, 03:52 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I just woke up and went onto their facebook page. 6 fantastic titles. Don't think anyone could be disappointed woth any of those titles. I'll be getting them all. I know it's really too early, but I'd love the original US artwork on the reverse of The Burning.
Old 17th November 2012, 03:54 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Disappointed? I stand corrected with my last post then!
Old 17th November 2012, 04:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Just read your post over at blu-ray.com.

Not a werewolf fan huh?

I definitely need me some Werewolf in blu
Well, not really, I find the concept never really grabbed me. I think the only 2 good werewolf movies I can remember are Dog Soldiers and American Werewolf In London, and as good as they are, Ive never felt the need to buy them

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!