LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2021, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'The Dead Zone' (1983) - Collector's edition Blu-Ray & exclusive poster pre-order available from Shout Factory direct - $28.43

Release date: July 27

"HE CAN SEE THE FUTURE. BUT CAN HE ESCAPE IT?

School teacher Johnny Smith (Chistopher Walken) had a beautiful fiancée, a rewarding career and a fortunate life ... until one tragic accident changed everything. After slamming into an 18-wheeler, Johnny is plunged into a five-year coma. When he awakens, he finds his true collision was with destiny – he now has the remarkable gift (or curse) of seeing into the future. From horror master Stephen King and Director David Cronenberg (Scanners, Dead Ringers), this supernatural thriller turns an everyday guy into a reluctant hero ... saving children in danger, helping the police and finding a serial killer. But Johnny's next vision may be his most terrifying yet ..."

Extras to be announced

THE DEAD ZONE is top 5 all time classic King adaptations.
I have the Italian Blu Ray,but I'll be buying this for sure.

Unfortunately we'll get the drab US poster on the reverse as opposed to the classic UK version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-dead-zone-md-web.jpg (97.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg tumblr_oxth4jZ5IC1tk4n0bo2_540.jpg (53.0 KB, 15 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th April 2021, 10:21 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
THE DEAD ZONE is top 5 all time classic King adaptations.
I have the Italian Blu Ray,but I'll be buying this for sure.

Unfortunately we'll get the drab US poster on the reverse as opposed to the classic UK version.
Same i have the Italian Blu Ray but ill flog that and pick this up absolutely love the film Christopher Walken is so bloody good in it.
Old 14th April 2021, 07:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah it takes all the good parts from King's doorstep of a novel and condenses it into 103 minutes of chilling thriller.

As you said Nordi,Walken is pitch perfect in it.

Cronenberg's finest hour.

THE ICE IS GONNA BREAK!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th May 2021, 10:24 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No reverse art on EYES OF A STRANGER.😢

Old 19th May 2021, 09:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'A Stranger Is Watching' (1982) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from Shout Factory direct - $26.98

Release date: July 20

"They don’t see him, but he's there. Plotting. Planning ... and anticipating every move they make. This terrifying thriller follows a psychopath as he imprisons a little girl and a famous reporter in the dank maze of tunnels beneath New York City's Grand Central Station. He first wants to collect a ransom ... and then murder his captives. His victims. only hope is their own wits – and the aid of homeless people who roam this urban netherworld.

Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek: Voyager, Orange Is The New Black) is heartrendingly believable as the reporter, and Rip Torn (Flashpoint, Men In Black) also gives a harrowing performance in this nightmarish shocker based on the Mary Higgins Clark suspense novel and directed by Sean S. Cunningham (Friday The 13th). A Stranger Is Watching: You won't be able to look away."

Extras to be announced

"Final extras are completed on our upcoming Blu-ray release of 1982's sinister shocker A STRANGER IS WATCHING, directed by Sean S. Cunningham and crafted together from many of the crew that created the original Friday the 13th film"

• NEW 2K scan of the interpostive
• NEW Introduction by director Sean S. Cunningham
• NEW A Captive Audience – an interview with director Sean S. Cunningham
• NEW Audio Commentary by author/historian Peter M. Bracke
• Original Theatrical Trailer & TV Spot
• Still Gallery

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th May 2021, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THE HAND
EYES OF A STRANGER
HE KNOWS YOU'RE ALONE

Despatched from Diabolik.
Nordicdusk, Rob4 and MrBarlow like this.

Old 25th May 2021, 04:18 PM
Cult Master

'Transformers: The Movie' (1986) - Limited Edition 4K UHD Steelbook coming soon

Release date: August 8

"The year is 2005 ...

For millennia, the heroic Autobots, led by Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen), have been at war with the evil Megatron (Frank Welker) and his Decepticons over control of their home planet of Cybertron. However, an even greater threat – Unicron (Orson Welles, Citizen Kane), a colossal converting planet that devours everything in its path – is heading right for Cybertron. The only hope is the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Will the Autobots be able to save themselves and their home world in time?

An all-star cast, including Judd Nelson (The Breakfast Club), Leonard Nimoy (Star Trek), Eric Idle (the Monty Python films) and Robert Stack (The Untouchables), brings this inimitable, explosively entertaining Autobot adventure to life."

Special features:
  • NEW 4K Transfer Of Original Film Elements
  • NEW Feature-Length Storyboards, Including Deleted, Alternate And Extended Sequences
  • NEW Fathom Events 30th Anniversary Featurette, Including Stan Bush's Acoustic Performances Of "The Touch" And "Dare"
  • 'Til All Are One – A Comprehensive Documentary Looking Back At The Transformers: The Movie With Members Of The Cast And Crew, Including Story Consultant Flint Dille, Cast Members Gregg Berger, Susan Blu, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, Singer/Songwriter Stan Bush, Composer Vince DiCola And Others!
  • Audio Commentary With Director Nelson Shin, Story Consultant Flint Dille And Star Susan Blu
  • Archival Featurettes – "The Death Of Optimus Prime," "The Cast & Characters," And "Transformers Q&A"
  • Animated Storyboards
  • Original Theatrical Trailers
  • TV Spots

Nordicdusk and MrBarlow like this.

Old 25th May 2021, 07:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No reverse art for either EYES or HE KNOWS.....

Old 26th May 2021, 07:52 PM
Cult Master

***DISC REPLACEMENT***

“We're writing to let you know that, due to a production error, the initial run of Crazy Mama was missing a bonus feature interview with Jonathan Demme and Roger Corman. Customers who have already ordered this Blu-ray will be sent the revised disc as soon as it is available. New orders for this product will resume shipping to arrive on July 20, 2021, with a corrected Blu-ray disc.

In the meantime, please email us at info@shoutfactory.com with your order number and confirm your best shipping address so we know where to send the replacement disc.

We apologize for this oversight and inconvenience. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.”

Old 31st May 2021, 03:37 PM
Cult Master

'A Return to Salem's Lot' (1987) - Coming to Blu-ray in August from Scream Factory!

"Reluctantly, the amoral anthropologist, Joe Weber, leaves the vast and dangerous Peruvian jungles, to return to the United States and take care of his rebellious teenage son, Jeremy. As the estranged father and son embark on a bonding trip to Joe's hometown of Salem's Lot, Maine, to visit Aunt Clara's decrepit house, right from the start, strange occurrences are a dead giveaway that something evil has gotten hold of the town. Now, fresh, bright-red blood stains the seemingly peaceful community, and there's no telling what Joe and, especially, Jeremy, have gotten themselves into. Indeed, a return to Salem's Lot was a poor decision. Is there an escape from the town of terror?"

Like this? Share it using the links below!