Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2008
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Always thought "Candyman" could totally have been more erotic.
Got a trailer kinda mapped out in my head -

"One woman's journey into the ghetto's of America, looking for the lovin' no suburban white man can provide.
From the erotic mind of Clive Barker (lol) comes the unseen sexually explicit side of the American streets.
Watch one of the biggest brotha's in Chicago teach her all about the birds and the BEES.
After she caresses his lollipop no other man will ever seem the same,
as no one gives the ladies sugar quite like "Candyman""
Old 2nd May 2008, 07:14 AM
Active Cultist

I'm glad you mentioned CANDYMAN. Barker's HELLRAISER could've used more S&M. I'm not talking about the Cenobites themselves which should have been the ultimate culmination but the relationship between Frank and Julia which should've been more "fleshed out" (I don't know if Barker toned it down in the original script or after New World came on to the project).
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Godzilla vs King Kong could've been spiced up with some S&M. Godzilla could've put King Kong in a gimp suit and attached electrodes to his nipples and buzzed him a few times for kicks. Then knock over a few buildings and come back and buzz him some more.

Then again, it's just another crap idea from my fevered imagination.

Seriously though, going back to the Star Wars thing, the mind conjures up all kinds of images when Vader goes to interrogate Leia, with that flying globe thingy, which could easily be some futuristic sex toy. Who knows what really went on in that room.

Last edited by Daemonia; 2nd May 2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:27 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
going back to the Star Wars thing, the mind conjures up all kinds of images when Vader goes to interrogate Leia, with that flying globe thingy, which could easily be some futuristic sex toy. Who knows what really went on in that room.
His breathing certainly seemed heavier afterwards plus his lightsabre seemed to be longer and straighter than before.
Old 4th May 2008, 11:31 AM
Active Cultist

How about TURN OF THE SCREW? Even modern adaptations are a bit coy about the sexual proclivities of Quint and Jessel (not counting THE NIGHTCOMERS) but what in the governess' past draws her to them (the version with Patsy Kensit places emphasis on her being a minister's daughter and suggests childhood trauma rather than repression). Guido Crepax's comic adaptation would make an interesting film adaptation (more so that the horrible IN A DARK PLACE).
Old 20th May 2008, 03:57 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Thanks once again to Waynesurfer for reminding me to actually judge this competition!

Once again some highly amusing entries.

Daemonia wins for making me laugh with his kinky King King vs Godzilla, Matt for his lovely re-working of Star Wars and Dougal for sticking the pin in those irritating (but very effective) M&S ads. PM me and thou shalt get your DVDs!

Thank you to everyone else who entered - this was a very amusing and entertaining thread to read. Another comp thread will be with you soon...
Old 20th May 2008, 04:19 PM
Active Cultist

For once I m glad I didnt win! no, honestly! I just ordered frightened woman the other day and my dear killer, and have added incidentally another few titles to my russ meyer collection, besides, my entry was a bit rubbish.

I am hoping to get my frightened woman by friday as it is a bank holiday weekend and would love it to be part of a big filmathon weekend, and to do a blog review.

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 20th May 2008, 06:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Can't beat the old bank holiday filmathon weekends eh mate?
Old 20th May 2008, 10:22 PM
Active Cultist

indeedie, and this one may be a biggie because I worked last bank holiday weekend.

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 20th May 2008, 10:47 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Dougal for sticking the pin in those irritating (but very effective) M&S ads. PM me and thou shalt get your DVDs!
Yay. [Does the snoopy dance]

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!