Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2010, 09:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Funny you should mention that - I picked up a game very similar to that called Ghost Castle a couple of months ago - you may've seen the post in the horror game thread.

It's pretty good!
Old 13th December 2010, 09:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Yep, this competition is a lot of fun and in a wierd way, it's getting me in the Christmas spirit! I remember getting a Boglin for Christmas and to be honest, I still think they look pretty cool now...
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED-boglin.jpg  
Old 13th December 2010, 09:38 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Never EVER seen a Boglin before. What does it do? :/

Woo! Spread the spirit of Christmas!
Old 13th December 2010, 09:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post

To be honest it's pretty much doing it in the picture (ie. not a whole lot!) The small one's were just finger puppets but the bigger ones had (wait for it....) moveable eyes! One year I got a small Boglin for Christmas and then bought a bigger one with my Christmas money - I must've been Boglin potty
Old 13th December 2010, 10:16 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's all flooding back to me now ... I remember getting a Tomy-tronic one year (the racing game). It seemed really hi-tech at the time but it was the most dull and repetetive experience with blocky LCD cars coming towards you at an increasing pace. I spent hours with my head glued onto that thing which I'm sure mustn't have been good for my eyes (who said that )
I had one of them too - absolutely loved it.

As for another I loved, the SNES Scope - again, logged on too late and too drunk for me to search for images, but will get them all before the end of the week.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:20 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post

Boglin's were great - you got to stick your hand up it and scare any little girls that may be around - although reading that back, that just sounds odd!!
Old 13th December 2010, 10:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

We never got much when we were young, my brother, sister and I. So we were super stunned when one Christmas we had a secret envelope on the tree. We opened it to find a clue, we followed the clue to a present and another envelope. The present contained a NES game and in the envelope was another clue, these continued until we had a collection of like 12 or so games and eventually we found the console hidden under the stairs.
Was the most fun I've had at Christmas ever. A memory that will always be treasured.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 13th December 2010, 10:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Not a toy but this was a Christmas present when I was a little whipper snapper..

Old 13th December 2010, 11:09 PM
Cultist

My pic is fixed. I've still got my Nintendo, antmumford. Never play it but it still works and I have a couple of games around somewhere.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:03 AM
Cultist
Good Trader

One Xmas I got a M.A.S.K Boulder Hill set and was delighted, it was this gas station that changed into a excellent hide out for Matt Trakker and the gang!

However better than that was kind of a present as a local toy shop in Glasgow called the Jolly Giant had a contest to win the massive US only GI Joe playset called the USS F.L.A.G.G - now I LOVED GI JOE (called Action Force for a while in the UK) and I entered this contest around Xmas time and I remember finishing school for the holidays and getting a letter saying I'd won it! I played with it for years! YO JOE! (sorry!) Best present ever!

Toys are not what they used to be!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED-boulderhillbox.jpg   Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED-flagg_010.jpg   Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED-ussflagg.jpg  

Like this? Share it using the links below!