Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2012, 03:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
A Rant review on a film I hate

I originally saw this at the Cinema where it was meant to be one of the scariest films ever made and it's meant to be based on a true story, plus the trailer for the film looked ok.

When I was finally in the cinema I thought ok the opening is pretty powerful so we must be in for a scary ride of enjoyment, the film then started slow which sometimes isn't a bad thing, then we see the 2 main actor's in the film driving home with silence so obviously something has happened to upset them both.

Twenty minutes in the film there is a knock at the door and it' 4 in the morning, now generally common sense would tell you not to answer the door but the 2 thickos do and they tell whoever it is to go away and that's where the "terror begins" or should be terror.

Three strangers then decide to terrorise them for the whole film and nothing much happens in it apart from liv tyler running round crying and screaming, I was thinking just shut it up.

Scott Speedman finds a shotgun and aim's it at the head of a stranger running towards him with an axe now logic tells me that a shotgun blast would win anyday but no he doesn't shoot and lets the bloke still scare him. Then liv tyler runs outside and goes into a shed where she trys to radio for help and again they terrorise her.

That's all it is for the next 90 mins - its just a slow dragged out bore fest that shouldn't be watched by anyone. Even my friend was bored 20 mins into it. You don't even see what they look like at the end, which was a huge let down

I hate this film with a passion - I've seen it twice and I would not like to sit through it again. The Extended version of the film is 1 second longer yep that's right one whole second.

As You Can tell I hate this film, with all my heart.
Shame you don't say which film it is.

Vacancy i think from the cast.

Not being critical but i think you miss the point of the comp. You're supposed to be wanting to make us watch a film, said film being an action film.
Old 29th September 2012, 03:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Shame you don't say which film it is.

Vacancy i think from the cast.

Not being critical but i think you miss the point of the comp. You're supposed to be wanting to make us watch a film, said film being an action film.
The Strangers it is lol
Old 29th September 2012, 05:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
The Strangers it is lol
That was bad
Old 30th September 2012, 11:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Here a replug off my film just to refresh ppl memory and vote for me if you havent voted yet there is still time

They dont make gang films like this anymore and definatly one of the most famous gang films EVER fact
Title of the film speaks for itself doesnt need no introduction,
Everything about it spot on,
good story line,
Good action
Music it spot on and Fantastic, and has been used and rememberd down the years with clips of the dialogue being used in the odd music track.
Directed by Walter hill a well know director
With the legendary scene and dialogue of Warriors come out to play,
NEVER met a person yet who doesnt like this film,
I watch it every year at least once,

what more can i say

Can yoooooooooou dig it

And the correct answer is yes yoooooou can

Still time to vote you know its makes sense,
Old 30th September 2012, 11:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Here a replug off my film just to refresh ppl memory and vote for me if you havent voted yet there is still time

They dont make gang films like this anymore and definatly one of the most famous gang films EVER fact
Title of the film speaks for itself doesnt need no introduction,
Everything about it spot on,
good story line,
Good action
Music it spot on and Fantastic, and has been used and rememberd down the years with clips of the dialogue being used in the odd music track.
Directed by Walter hill a well know director
With the legendary scene and dialogue of Warriors come out to play,
NEVER met a person yet who doesnt like this film,
I watch it every year at least once,

what more can i say

Can yoooooooooou dig it

And the correct answer is yes yoooooou can

Still time to vote you know its makes sense,
So vote
Old 30th September 2012, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
So vote
Oops sorry i havent voted have i
Considerd me told off
Out off all thats posted my fav is Predator so ive voted that ,
Old 30th September 2012, 01:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just a heads up.

This comp will be closing at 8pm this evening.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 30th September 2012, 02:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Just a heads up.

This comp will be closing at 8pm this evening.
8pm everyone! You heard the man! Get your entries and your votes in and tonight you could be the lucky winner of one of three The Raid DVD/Blu-rays!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 30th September 2012, 03:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

This is one action film everyone should see....

RAGE (1995)

Seriously this is the single most insane action film I have ever witnessed, but lets look at the plot before I let you in on the action. Gary Daniels plays Alex Gainer, a 2nd Grade teacher who is car jacked by a stereotyped Mexican. They're apprehended and Alex wakes up to find himself in a lab. Alex is injected with a serum that causes him to !RAGE!, not in an incredible hulk way but in a way that he's able to kill without remorse or emotion. Alex escapes and makes his way across L.A trying to find a cure, evade the cops and clear his name of murder while being helped by a burnt out news reporter. OK that is the plot, but it's not the main reason to watch the film, oh no, it's all about the action. We get fist fights, full on gun battles, car chases, exploding cop cars and a oil tanker crashing into a school bus (minus the kids) which explodes. That is just the first 25 minutes of the epic action film. It's what you get if you cross 28 Days Later with Crank minus the 'zombies'. Gary Daniels is unstoppable in this and does bring to mind Chev Chelios from The Crank films. The film also has some unbelievable stunts such as Daniels trying to escape the law by moving floor to floor of an office building...from the outside. I played this through my speaker system and for a low budget action film on a budget dvd release, the sound was incredible, the gun fire was blistering and at one point during the final fight in a shopping centre, my ears were almost bleeding from the smashing of glass, actually come to thing of it, I think something like 30 panes of glass are smashed at the end.

The acting on the other hand is abysmal, Gary Daniels is unbelievably wooden and seems to struggle with his lines. They come out like he's auditioning for a high school play and he's never acted before, it's very bad but credit due to Daniels, the man is a martial artist and his skills are incredible, he's never going to win an Oscar but if his other action out put is as incredible as this, Mr. Daniels has a new fan...just not of his acting.

One of the best things about the action is that it's all done practically, there's no CGI enhancement, it's all done for reals and it's what make the film so good. It's a shame hollywood doesn't take a look at how action is done correctly seeing as this was a DTV movie that has some of the best action sequences i've seen from that decade. It's just a shame that the plot and acting ruins this film. But if you want action, have no interest in a plot and want to see shit blow up, free falls from helicopters, many many people get shot by uzi's and watch a man hang from the side of a building while another man takes shots at him from a chopper then this is the film you need. If you want a plot and good acting with your action, stay well clear....I ****ing loved this shit and the dvd only cost me 1p. Bargain.....

5/5

Old 30th September 2012, 03:29 PM
Cult Addict

Vote for me and I'll give you the prize as I already own it!!!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!