Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

nosferatu42 20th February 2017 11:26 PM

It's actually a really good story if you can put aside your feelings about a female master and make it to the davros part.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th February 2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 522062)
Well balls to that, i really like Capaldi as a doctor, i will agree about some of the writing though, he's one of my favourites of the nu who due to mannerisms/ doctorisms it's just all down to the scriptwriters and although there is a fair few clunkers i don't know if it's any worse than classic who apart from these days it's all so companion centred.
But then again the Mccoy stuff was very Ace orientated, maybe thats the whole problem with nu who, a companion should be a companion not take over the whole show.
i still think you are looking at the classic who through rose tinted glases iank.
Half an episode does not an opinion make.:nono:

This ^ Definitely this.

I agree totally.

For every Fear Her there's Timelash, for every The Woman Who Lived there's The Twin Dilemma, for every Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS there's The Underwater Menace... i really could go on for quite a while.

The Magician's Apprentice is extremely good as i said when i reviewed it on here a couple of weeks ago.

Susan Foreman 21st February 2017 05:54 AM

Amazon US have got listings for the DVD and Blu-Ray versions of Season 10 up for pre-order:

Part 1 release date June 6th, 2017
Part 2 release date August 1st 2017

However, at time of writing, there is nothing for series 10 noted on Amazon UK as yet

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 09:08 AM

Pic of the Day # 39

1 Attachment(s)
The Shakespeare Code (2007)

trebor8273 21st February 2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 522066)
This ^ Definitely this.

I agree totally.

For every Fear Her there's Timelash, for every The Woman Who Lived there's The Twin Dilemma, for every Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS there's The Underwater Menace... i really could go on for quite a while.

The Magician's Apprentice is extremely good as i said when i reviewed it on here a couple of weeks ago.

this, i really do think its a case of nostalgia goggles, as you said just as many stinkers in classic who if not more.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 10:40 AM

The poll is interesting now.

Whilst Tom Baker is still way out in front (10), Hartnell is now tying second with Pertwee (7), Matt Smith is ahead of Troughton (6) and McCoy and Tennant are also on the same score as Troughton (5).

Susan Foreman 21st February 2017 11:13 AM

How exactly does this poll work?

Looking at the results, it states that 8 people have voted for William Hartnell, but only Mr. Dike and Tele1962 are namechecked

Similarly, 5 people have voted for Troughton, but there are only 4 names; 8 people for Pertwee, but only 5 names etc

What has happened to the people who have voted, but don't have their names displayed?

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 522090)
How exactly does this poll work?

Looking at the results, it states that 8 people have voted for William Hartnell, but only Mr. Dike and Tele1962 are namechecked

Similarly, 5 people have voted for Troughton, but there are only 4 names; 8 people for Pertwee, but only 5 names etc

What has happened to the people who have voted, but don't have their names displayed?

I left it open as a public poll, Susan.

Anyone who visits the thread from outside can vote the one time.

William Hartnell and Jon Pertwee have both gained an extra vote. Only two behind Tom now.

Susan Foreman 21st February 2017 11:19 AM

Looks like this picture has been removed from the last time I posted it*, so here's a gratuitous lingerie shot featuring Deborah Watling

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...04&oe=592DDE5E

Victoria Waterfield would be horrified!!

*Note - I'm not suggesting that anyone at Cult Labs has removed the picture, more likely the original site on the internet has removed it

Susan Foreman 21st February 2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 522091)
I left it open as a public poll, Susan.

Anyone who visits the thread from outside can vote the one time.

OK - that explains it

Thanks for that