Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2013, 07:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Something I've done a couple of times with a Giallo I know well is to watch it in Italian WITHOUT subs, so as to get the 'feel' without the distraction of subs since I know what happens and what's being said, odd but true.
Old 5th February 2013, 09:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

With my favourite bottle of Justerini & Brooks.
Old 5th February 2013, 09:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

No particular order but, in the main, I do find giallo films more rewarding the second time around for some reason. I didn't care at all for 'The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh' the first time I watched it, for example, but really enjoyed it when I watched the Shameless release a few months ago.
Old 6th February 2013, 08:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I've been rewatching a lot of gialli recently with the missus, as she's developed a taste for them - which I'm loving, as once upon a time she had no interest. I also think they more than stand up to repeat viewing.

The amusing thing is, as I originally saw them years ago, in some cases I actually forgot whodunnit!
Beyond72 likes this.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Whenever I get the chance. Or a new one. Yes, I rewatch the paltry number I have A LOT.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th February 2013, 08:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Something I've done a couple of times with a Giallo I know well is to watch it in Italian WITHOUT subs, so as to get the 'feel' without the distraction of subs since I know what happens and what's being said, odd but true.
While I don't mind subs, I always watch with the English tracks as I'm hopelessly addicted to the dubbing.
(It's right up there with the cinematography and scores, on why I'm fond of gialli.)

It use to take me out the movies originally - as I'd try and remember what film/character I first heard a certain voice from.

But I love hearing the same old voices now and esp like it when someone like Edwige for example is given a well spoken English accent.

(Dagmar attended the best finishing school in Prague.)

Last edited by Beyond72; 7th February 2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 7th February 2013, 12:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
While I don't mind subs, I always watch with the English tracks as I'm hopelessly addicted to the dubbing.
(It's right up there with the cinematography and scores, on why I'm fond of gialli.)

It use to take me out the movies originally - as I'd try and remember what film/character I first heard a certain voice from.

But I love hearing the same old voices now and esp like it when someone like Edwige for example is given a well spoken English accent.

Yep, the dubbing is always worth checking out, Theresa Russell voicing Daria in Tenebrae for example.
Old 7th February 2013, 12:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post

Yep, nice to find cool stuff in the dubbing like Theresa Russell voicing Daria in Tenebrae.
Old 7th February 2013, 06:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Love gialli! ( c'mon Shameless! ) Preferably with a nice chilled bottle of Rose wine.
Old 9th February 2013, 02:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Like Beyond72 i also prefer the dubbed versions but if there is an italian track with english subs available on the disc i usually watch it that way the second time.

The reason i bought Shameless' Don't Torture a Duckling for example when already owned the BU disc.

Like this? Share it using the links below!