Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2008, 12:14 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Can you do Shameless an even bigger favour at the same time and leave these forums? New companies that are trying to make an existence do not need bugs in the system - and you are the kind of 'supporter' that Shameless most certainly does NOT need and can exist without.

Thank you, goodbye, and sod off.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Vince is right Karaman. Almar never promised downloads, and your proposed protest actions make your posts the business of ALL Shameless customers and supporters as your actions will affect us all .
You bad mouthing Shameless on other forums will effect the true Shameless collector and damage casual sales, thus effecting future releases.
Good versions of these titles are hard enough to get let alone in the quality Shameless provide them , so to try and destroy a companies reputation over something they never promised in the first place is bang outta order, especially when that company goes out of their way to make sure the customer gets the best quality product available.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:28 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Thanks Vipco. Opinions and comments are one thing but these kind of threats are a different ballgame entirely.

Until decided otherwise, Karaman's posting privileges have been suspended. We'll try and tidy this thread up accordingly.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sad thing is Vince , Karaman's free to run a campaign against Shameless on other sites by telling lies, something he accused Shameless off, which if he'd taken the time to read Almar's post he'd have seen Almar or anyone to do with Shameless never promised the downloading of any cut material.
I hope he doesn't cause to much hassle for you guys.
Old 19th April 2008, 01:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Karaman was IMO not giving his opinion but was threating a company to get his wishes.
He lied, he threatened and at one point he went on Amazon and told people not to buy Venus. By this action he demonstrated that IMO he definitely didn't have the best interest of Shameless or its comunity at heart.
Its one thing to discuss, but when discussion turns to threats then it should be nipped in the bud.

Last edited by vipco; 19th April 2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 19th April 2008, 02:07 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

All he could actually say on other sites is that he urges people not to buy Shameless releases because they don't make the cut scenes available on the internet. Strangely he still hasn't answered my question as to why he doesn't pursue WB, MGM, Anchor Bay etc for doing the same. All he did was repeat the same comments (later threats) over and over again.

However my main grievance were the personal threats he was making against Shameless. First he accused them of being liars. Then he gave a deadline as to what he would do if the cuts weren't posted on here. He also stated that the company wouldn't see 2009 (wow, what an influential person he must be). It's a hell of a funny way to support a company. Do we need members like that?

Last edited by vincenzo; 26th April 2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 19th April 2008, 03:31 PM
Ex-member

"We're looking into making the clips available as a download. Watch this space."

1-This is what Almar had written.

2-Yes MGM or Anchor Bay aren't making download available but they are selling uncut versions in www.amazon.com.If a movie is cut in UK, an international consumer can buy it from somewhere else.But VIF hasn't been released on DVD yet.
3- Also Almar suggested to make their titles available for download and made a public survey.For example you would make uncut version of "NEW YORK RIPPER" available for download.This means that you can easily make a 1 min. cut available for download.
Old 19th April 2008, 03:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Oh for christ sakes, get over it! I've been following this thread, but feel the need to throw in my two cents..

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaman View Post
"We're looking into making the clips available as a download. Watch this space."

1-This is what Almar had written.
Yes, and if you can read the sentence, it promises nothing. I think if Almar is looking into it, he's looking into it - but give them a break why don't you!

They are doing their best, especially within the confines of UK censorship - and aside from releasing as full a version as possible, they are working to improve transfers etc.. so be grateful, and grow up!

This is why I joined the forums - to support a new company, that appear to be doing a sterling job releasing films I want to see. Why don't you try doing the same?
Old 19th April 2008, 03:55 PM
Ex-member

If it is promising nothing then we musn2t trust on Shameless i think.

On the other hand all the DVDs released by Shameless are featuring only 1 audio option without subtitles.For example i have 2 DVDs from No Shame films and they have 2 audio option and subtitles for every audio option.If you are promising nothing then customers will show the way to you.This is my opinion.Maybe other customers won't share my ideas.We will see this in future.
Old 19th April 2008, 04:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well, I see it differently.

I see a new company, with a tiny fraction of releases under their belt that have, to my mind, been very impressive indeed.

There are always suggestions we can put forward, and that is the best way forward - but suggestions come from polite dialogue, and gentle support - not trolling, bullying and making ultimatums.

Perhaps if you allow them some breathing space, instead of throwing a most extraordinary tantrum, and threatening to sully the name of shameless all over the place, then you may be able to indulge in some sensible dialogue?

This attention seeking "toys out of pram" attitude of yours is, quite frankly, bemusing!

I guess i'm suggesting some basic manners in the first instance?

Like this? Share it using the links below!