Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2008, 11:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Unfortunately we in the UK have the bbfc and they not Shameless dictate what version is allowed.
Im glad you removed your comment as these guys at Shameless are doing their best to bring us the films we want even though their not gonna get rich by doing so.
Perhaps if you've any comment to make on Shameless releases in future you could post them on forum and get the story from the Shameless guys themselves rather than post in a place that could hurt future Shameless releases and sales.
Old 11th April 2008, 08:20 AM
Ex-member

Did Shameless released the most-complete version of "venus"? Or was it the tamed version and BBFC CUT this tamed version? According to IMDB it is 87 min. long. I also checked duration of Italian version from www.dvd.it and it seems to be 86 minutes long.But sometimes Italian DVDs aren't honest about their duration.For example I have DVD of Malena,it says 109 min behind the box cover but it was 102 min long.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:43 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well anyway let's put this to bed now. The BBFC is something that I don't expect others to understand when they don't have to live with it in their country. I just need people to understand that we would never cut a film ourselves but if the BBFC cut something too much money has been invested by us - we have to release but as we're hosted online outside the UK we can offer the cut scenes for people to watch and judge for themselves.

So Karaman we will sort out a download but we have to do it properly and right now (as there are no staff to speak off) we're concentrating on getting What have They Done To Your Daughters? ready and securing the next batch of films. I hope everyone enjoys frightened woman - that should be proof that not only do we not ever cut but where possible we're now trying to track down the missing seconds others have ignored.

Old 12th April 2008, 02:52 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Did Shameless released the most-complete version of "venus"? Or was it the tamed version and BBFC CUT this tamed version? According to IMDB it is 87 min. long. I also checked duration of Italian version from www.dvd.it and it seems to be 86 minutes long.But sometimes Italian DVDs aren't honest about their duration.For example I have DVD of Malena,it says 109 min behind the box cover but it was 102 min long.
Besides the cuts by the BBFC, you also have to figure in the PAL speedup.

The Italian DVD of VENUS IN FURS is apparently the recut reissue version. The original Italian release of the film was called LE MALIZIE DE VENERE (that version might have different footage or the 86m running time might be inaccurate).
Old 18th April 2008, 11:04 PM
Cultist in Training

Let's clear this up once and for all. The full, uncut, complete running time of Venus In Furs is 01:23:26. That is the time I'm getting off my Japanese Fullscreen version.

Karaman, in the grand scheme of things the minute you're missing is negligible. Does it further the plot any? No. If you didn't know it was there, would you miss it? Again, no. If you're that bothered about seeing two people having sex, go buy a **** film.

Yes it's nice to have items uncut, and Shameless have gone above and beyond in their attempts to bring something either new or fuller to the restricted, censor happy UK market. A couple of films out of 12 submitted have had minor cuts. Jesus, Nigel Wingrove over at Redemption would give his left bollock for a success rate like that, but sometimes shit happens. You either get the best looking print on the market at an excellent price, or you pay through the nose for a fullscreen copy with burned in subs that doesn't look half as clean.

The choice, as they say, is yours...

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID
Old 19th April 2008, 10:09 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaman View Post
if Shameless is a honest company they must make the cut bits available for download.
Big companies such as MGM, WB, TCF etc also release movies which on occasions receive BBFC or censor cuts. However they do not make the 'cut bits' available for download. So why should Shameless?

If you want an uncut version then buy an alternative release. Simple as that.
Old 19th April 2008, 10:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Vince is spot on there.
Old 19th April 2008, 11:42 AM
Ex-member

It was Shameless's idea to make their titles available for download.They ALSO gave their words for making cut-bits available for download.I f they don2t make it available for download i will make my best against Shameless and it is not your business.I am a customer and it is my right to demand what was promised.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:04 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

If you read Almar's original post he said it was something that Shameless was going to look into when they had time. They did NOT 'promise' to make the 'cut bits' available for download. As they are busy running a company and releasing DVDs for customers to purchase then obviously this takes first priority.

Aren't these petty threats getting a little tiresome now?

Incidentally as a customer myself, a supporter of Shameless, and a moderator on this forum it IS my business.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:06 PM
Ex-member

OK.Then Shameless lied.I will not answer you again.From now on you will read my answers in Amazon and in other forums.I will do my best against Shameless.And i promise this firm will not see 2009 if it doesn't make that downloads available till 23.04.2008. I had only bought Frightened Woman and VIF from Shameless and i will never buy again anything from them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!