Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2008, 05:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Okay all you decent folks,that tosser karaman has just been banned for life...we don't need prats like this ,right?Hope you all agree with me on this
Imagine threatening an honest-to-goodness company like SHAMELESS who are BURSTING THEIR ARSES to bring us the films and artwork we all love....once Almar has read his threats,all trace of him will disappear
As the famous John Smeaton would say,THIS IS SHAMELESS,WE'LL JUST SET ABOUT YE....
Old 19th April 2008, 05:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaman View Post
Why don't you make the missing scenes available for download? The scene in Venus in furs isn't important.It doesn't add anything to the movie.
Getting a bit hypocritical aren't we Karaman?
Old 19th April 2008, 05:30 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Okay all you decent folks,that tosser karaman has just been banned for life...we don't need prats like this ,right?Hope you all agree with me on this
Imagine threatening an honest-to-goodness company like SHAMELESS who are BURSTING THEIR ARSES to bring us the films and artwork we all love....once Almar has read his threats,all trace of him will disappear
As the famous John Smeaton would say,THIS IS SHAMELESS,WE'LL JUST SET ABOUT YE....
Go Reaps!!!!!!
Old 19th April 2008, 05:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No wonder mate,what an arsehole,and anyway,what's he prattling on about,I watched the frigging cut bits he's talking about the other night on here!
Old 19th April 2008, 05:49 PM
Cultist

Blimey, it's all going on in here. I log on to have a good rave about New York Ripper (which I watched today) and find a thread of bizarre threats and in-coherent rants.

Anyway my reason for writing about NYR here is because I re-watched the cut scene in context of the film and had to comment.

I had never seen this film (shock horror) but have read lots about it over the years. Now I've seen it I think the film is disturbing and graphic but excellent. I really enjoyed it (apart from the dubbing which is a major pet hate of mine) and think it looks sensational (clear and crisp).

The killers' voice is so creepy and I think inspired by the voice of Billy from Black Christmas.

I think the cutting of the nipple scene doesn't make sense as the stabbing of the woman in the dressing room is far more chilling than the nipple scene in my opinion but it being cut doesn't ruin it in anyway - funny thing is that having the scene in slow motion almost makes it worse as it appears the killer is doing really horrific things to the woman (which he is but it looks worse if that makes sense?)

I recommend this film to anyone who hasn't watched it (and I'm sure I'm in the minority in this group) and I applaud Shameless for releasing it.

My only complaint is the dubbing, is it possible to have non-dubbed soundtracks?

I'd also like to comment on the trailers. Thank you! I thought there was only a trailer for the main film but was happily proved wrong. I have My Dear Killer to watch next and will be popping to Zavvi on Monday and snapping up all the other films I'm missing.

Well done guys, you've made this film lover a happy chappy.
Old 19th April 2008, 05:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Your appreciation is welcome mateIt doesn't detract from the film in any way,and as I think I've said before,the way Shameless have cut it is disturbing enough....and as you say,a crisper print I've never seen of this film.......
Old 19th April 2008, 06:02 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I unban him and straight away he comes back with the above same rant. I don't feel bad about banning him in the first place now. Good riddance.

Now where were we?
Old 19th April 2008, 06:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Cheers Vince, I always wondered how much the bbfc charged for various services. Bloody Gangsters.
like it mate.....
Old 20th April 2008, 03:30 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Blimey! I spend a day catching up on my domestic chores and all hell blows up here!

I'm going to have to watch what I say if people are going to quote me...

We did have a poll asking people if they would like to download titles as we are looking into it. We've spent money on research on various options and it's something we might consider but looking around other download companies are not doing so good (as in film-length files). It's not as simple as we'd like and first and foremost we have more DVDs we have to plan and they're taking all our time right now as we have no titles scheduled past May so that is prime in our minds.

I did on Friday ask Stefan here about space on our server so people can eventually download any missing seconds. he's up for it but first up is to switch us to a new server as we've noticing the forums can be a bit slow at times which we really don't want when such top people with fascinating insights into the films we're doing are happy to contribute.

To that end there are no shortage of forums out there filled with bickering, sniping and what I hate most - people attacking each other for individual tastes in films which is pathetic. I think as a DVD company we've opened ourselves open to contribution and criticism more than most and as such I'm not going to tolerate sad little threats.

Points about ABUS releasing uncut versions of ABUK DVDs are ridiculous. back in the days of Last House AB was owned by the Billion dollar Handelman company and now they're owned by another huge corporation - they can release DVDs in the US - we can't because we're dust in comparative size.

So for Karaman one day you will get your download but I don't know when because right now what everyone else on these forums is asking us for are more films on DVD so I'll go with that majority decision thank you.

I guess the peace here wasn't going to last forever!
Old 22nd April 2008, 04:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If a film has been passed 'Uncut' in the UK , is it still an offence to import the same film if it had loads of extra's or was a better print from another country into the UK. ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!