Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Strip Nude for Your Killer
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2008, 05:08 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Thanks guys!

It's incredible that things should come to this.

What our friend has not realised is that making threats online and typing them all out for all to see is pretty stupid. I'm compiling everything, the IPs and the lot and am going to pass it on to the Police - hey the guy isn't here in the UK but I deeply resent the implications he makes because it makes fools of all of us - we sell UK DVDs - we have to abide by the law in what is available through UK retail - we've made the cut bits available to view online on our internationally-based server because that is allowed and for now that's all we can do.

I have written to the guy and offered him a refund - as in he never bought Venus in Furs from us but if he sends us the DVD with the receipt we'll refund that out of our pockets along with his postage costs. We'd rather be out of business than have his custom - nobody should ever have to deal with bullies - it's the one thing that makes me very angry.

What's more all this time we waste on this guy is time not spent improving the product. That and incresingly threads on this forum are becoming infected with this shit!
Old 1st June 2008, 05:14 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hopefully most customers will know better than to take notice of reviews such as his.

Personally, I never read customer reviews. But, like Stevoj, I buy DVDs for the artwork. In fact, I'm even worse. I sometimes enjoy cut films...

You probably shouldn't trust me...

Old 1st June 2008, 05:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Haha I do enjoy some cut films myself,Die Hard With A Vengeance being one example.The part where Mclane and Zeuss use the tow cable to slide down to the boat,it breaks and slices a bad guy in half,in the uk verison you missed the guy getting sliced,so when Mclane tells Zeuss to grab the guys legs and they slide the 2 halves of him off together ,it made the scene funnier than in was supposed to.
Old 1st June 2008, 06:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Anyone fancy a trip to Turkey?
Old 1st June 2008, 06:39 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Hey guys - our friend Karaman kindly sent me an alert that he's done us a review for our Strip Nude For Your Killer DVD on Amazon - I do appreciate when people take the time and trouble to post reviews on our product even though they're not out yet. I thought I'd share the message:

Date: Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM
Subject: Shameless Screen Entertainment Forums Contact Us Form - Read my review

The following message was sent to you via the Shameless Screen
Entertainment Forums Contact Us form by cemal
--------------------------------

If you don't make cut bits available for download, you will read my
reviews in www.amazon.co.uk.My first review "strip nude for your
killer".

You also cheated my money."Venus in furs " released by Shameless is
also cut of the cut.Italian version runs for 89 minutes.

--------------------------------
Go whereever you want.First of all my message was a private message and you are showing it to the public.
Second of all Italian version of "venus in furs" is 89 m
nutes and Shameless version is cut.But these cuts doesn't only belong to BBFC.
Old 1st June 2008, 06:46 PM
Ex-member

If you are bound with uk laws then why are you making cut bits available for the public view.And if public view is legal then why don't you let people download whatever they want.
Your DVDs have very little extras and they are very expensive when compared to US versions."Venus in furs" was an important title but its badly dubbed and seems to be cut by BBFC and by whoever distributes it.
Old 1st June 2008, 07:10 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhurt View Post
And if public view is legal then why don't you let people download whatever they want.
What I'm failing to understand is what this guy actually wants? He wants to be able to download bits of the film? Why? You can see the releavnt bits online - where does downloading help? Is he intending to do his own re-edit of the film to replace the missing footage?

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 1st June 2008, 07:16 PM
Cultist

Anyway - back on topic. Love the cover, especially it's pushing of the brand by moving the image over the yellow surround.

One question though - if the cover is in for that release - where have Victim and Who Saw her Die got to? Or did I miss them somewhere?

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 1st June 2008, 07:34 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

No you've not missed them. Due to the erratic nature of getting hold of decent artwork with which to make sleeves we've not completed sleeves for those two. Are are though required by our sales company to have mock-ups ready months in advance so they can go sell the titles in to stores and happily with Strip Nude we hit a decent early result which I wanted opinions on from people here on the forum.

I should also mention that these early drafts do make it out onto some internet retailers where they become stuck for the rest of time despite our best efforts (HMV have a wonderful selection of artwork that never made it into production) in case anyone is confused as to why they might come across the odd sleeve online that's not what they see in their hands.
Old 1st June 2008, 11:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This one's contender for the best yet Almar....

Like this? Share it using the links below!