All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2013, 03:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
I thought the first episode was just ok. I'm curious to see where they're headed with this season but I'm not getting my hopes up after last season.
I quite enjoyed season 3 thought it was pretty good.
Old 20th October 2013, 05:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The first three or four episodes was compelling television. It went downhill quickly after that. They completely fumbled the governor character. The prison was a perfect setting for a tense atmosphere full of dread but when they intercut it with the foolish town that was more goofy than anything it ruined the effect. The finale felt flat to me. Just not a good season. Hoping for the best for this season though.
Old 26th October 2013, 04:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The real Walking Dead?

Are the 'Zombies of Toraja' the Actual Walking Dead? | News Article | FEARnet
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th October 2013, 04:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well, after a reasonably decent opening episode of season 4, to say I was less than impressed with the second episode would be a huge understatement.

Especially with the method used to draw walkers away from the fence which made absolutely no sense to me at all other than some lame attempt to shock the viewers.
Old 26th October 2013, 05:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

really dug episode 2, it seemed as though they were going for a "lets see how much gore we can get away with on TV" style.

Anyways, i've just finished re-watching Seasons 1 and 2 and a few things got on my tits about those seasons. 1) Lori was a massive pain in the arse, she acted like a teenage girl, fighting between Rick and Shane and her reaction at being told about shane's death was over the top, she should have been put down in the first season. 2) Shane really grated on me, his constant face pulling and over acting really annoyed me, although the rivalry between rick and shane was pretty intense at times. 3) what on earth was the point of T-Dogg. he actually added nothing to the group, always getting hurt and he had zero story, but the show still feels weird without him.
Old 26th October 2013, 05:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Well, after a reasonably decent opening episode of season 4, to say I was less than impressed with the second episode would be a huge understatement.

Especially with the method used to draw walkers away from the fence which made absolutely no sense to me at all other than some lame attempt to shock the viewers.
I said with the pigs wouldn't have been better to slice the pig just enough to draw blood, then let the pig loose and the walkers etc would have wandered of following the pig. Better way to get rid of them, wasn't over keen on it either but you get some good bad ok episode in any tv series, but over all still a excellent show you got to give credit where credit due some of the gore scenes would have been cut on films for VHS release years ago let alone be on tv .
Old 26th October 2013, 08:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I said with the pigs wouldn't have been better to slice the pig just enough to draw blood, then let the pig loose and the walkers etc would have wandered of following the pig. Better way to get rid of them, wasn't over keen on it either but you get some good bad ok episode in any tv series, but over all still a excellent show you got to give credit where credit due some of the gore scenes would have been cut on films for VHS release years ago let alone be on tv .

or even by this stage just kill (or burn) the walkers as they approach the fence and prevent a huge build up of them in the first place

what gets me is the completely relaxed attitude they have even sleeping with their cell doors unlocked when you would think in this situation they would always be on their guard as anyone that dies for any reason poses an instant threat
Old 29th October 2013, 05:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No great surprise, but AMC have renewed TWD for another season

AMC Renews The Walking Dead for a Fifth Season
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th October 2013, 08:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm kind of neutral right now concerning this season. Not terrible but not very good either. I wonder if they'll make the decision to leave the prison in the mid-season finale? I really hope so, it just didn't live up to the hype.
Old 29th October 2013, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
I'm kind of neutral right now concerning this season. Not terrible but not very good either. I wonder if they'll make the decision to leave the prison in the mid-season finale? I really hope so, it just didn't live up to the hype.
My prediction is they won't have a choice but to evacuate the prison because of a full bloodied attack from the Governor, as depicted in the comic
Jinx_Barkman likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!