All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2018, 10:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Ha,ha! That spoiler tag didn't work.

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 1st June 2018 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Edited to remove quote to my silly mistake
Old 31st May 2018, 10:39 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ha,ha! That spoiler tag didn't work.

Lol, oh well!
Old 31st May 2018, 10:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They really messed things up by diverting so much from the comics, a little is fair enough to keep it fresh for those of us that read them, but by doing what Stephen tried not to spoil they’ve got rid of some great stuff that would’ve been really good on the show.

Personally I think Fear is the better show at the minute, Gimple has ruined TWD these past two seasons with his idiotic decisions!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st July 2018, 07:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Rik and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 22nd July 2018, 01:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In case you missed it, watch the last few seconds of the trailer again with headphones in or really loud, creepy as hell and extremely exciting for readers of the comic books!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd July 2018, 10:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

They did a very good Andrew Lincoln zombie CGI make-up years ago (to trip up spoilers no doubt) but I can't find it on-line, be great if as a last shout he came back as a zombie for the very last episode and bites Negan on the arse...
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 20th September 2018, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Walking Dead: movies and new shows being planned at AMC | Den of Geek

The Walking Dead: movies and new shows being planned at AMC
The Walking Dead will live on forever, if AMC has anything to say about it...

The apocalypse is cancelled until further notice. Just because The Walking Dead protagonist Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) is on his way out in season nine, that doesn't mean the franchise machine is going to stop any time soon. In fact, beyond the deal AMC is reportedly drawing up to make Norman Reedus the new star of the show, the network is also actively developing a plan to keep The Walking Dead on our screens for at least ten more years.

According to Bloomberg, AMC is currently meeting with media companies for a potential partnership that could bring original Walking Dead movies and spinoff series to streaming services and/or other networks. At the moment, AMC already licenses out the streaming rights for The Walking Dead to Netflix and Fear the Walking Dead to Hulu. These new deals could help finance tonnes more original zombie content, which will cost several hundred million dollars to make.

AMC's hope is to produce several movies that could then branch out into their own series, according to Bloomberg. At least one of these projects could take place outside of the United States, which has so far been the setting of both Walking Dead shows and the comic book by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard.

Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan 'Forever Disappointed' About Missing Storyline
Overseeing these projects is former Walking Dead showrunner Scott Gimple, who was named the franchise's chief content officer in early 2018. Gimple, who has been telling stories in this universe since 2011, is in charge of exploring new narrative paths for the franchise. AMC is keeping a tight lid on the potential apocalypses brewing, though.

As for the flagship series, it's unclear if Lincoln's exit and the declining ratings mean that the show is on its way out. At the very least, after nine seasons of zombie storytelling and a revolving cast of main and supporting characters and villains, the show is showing signs of its age. If the show were to come to an end, could the franchise continue to live on in its memory? AMC certainly seems to think so.

We'll keep you updated as we learn more! Until then, The Walking Dead season 9 premieres on the 7th of October on AMC and on the 8th of October on FOX in the UK
Old 20th September 2018, 08:34 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
The Walking Dead: movies and new shows being planned at AMC | Den of Geek

The Walking Dead: movies and new shows being planned at AMC

The Walking Dead will live on forever, if AMC has anything to say about it...

The apocalypse is cancelled until further notice. Just because The Walking Dead protagonist Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) is on his way out in season nine, that doesn't mean the franchise machine is going to stop any time soon. In fact, beyond the deal AMC is reportedly drawing up to make Norman Reedus the new star of the show, the network is also actively developing a plan to keep The Walking Dead on our screens for at least ten more years.

According to Bloomberg, AMC is currently meeting with media companies for a potential partnership that could bring original Walking Dead movies and spinoff series to streaming services and/or other networks. At the moment, AMC already licenses out the streaming rights for The Walking Dead to Netflix and Fear the Walking Dead to Hulu. These new deals could help finance tonnes more original zombie content, which will cost several hundred million dollars to make.

AMC's hope is to produce several movies that could then branch out into their own series, according to Bloomberg. At least one of these projects could take place outside of the United States, which has so far been the setting of both Walking Dead shows and the comic book by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard.

Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan 'Forever Disappointed' About Missing Storyline

Overseeing these projects is former Walking Dead showrunner Scott Gimple, who was named the franchise's chief content officer in early 2018. Gimple, who has been telling stories in this universe since 2011, is in charge of exploring new narrative paths for the franchise. AMC is keeping a tight lid on the potential apocalypses brewing, though.

As for the flagship series, it's unclear if Lincoln's exit and the declining ratings mean that the show is on its way out. At the very least, after nine seasons of zombie storytelling and a revolving cast of main and supporting characters and villains, the show is showing signs of its age. If the show were to come to an end, could the franchise continue to live on in its memory? AMC certainly seems to think so.

We'll keep you updated as we learn more! Until then, The Walking Dead season 9 premieres on the 7th of October on AMC and on the 8th of October on FOX in the UK

I wish they’d just put it out of its (and our) misery now.
J Harker likes this.
Old 20th September 2018, 08:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I wish they’d just put it out of its (and our) misery now.
I gave up on it halfway through last season. Just couldn't be arsed with its long winded buggering about anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th September 2018, 08:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I gave up on it halfway through last season. Just couldn't be arsed with its long winded buggering about anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Read a spoiler free review on the season premier today, and it seems like more of the same.

Like this? Share it using the links below!