All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13872Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2015, 08:15 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
You've waited this long Nord? Best show ever, i envy you watching it for the first time. I really missed it when we finished it.
I hate watching anything when everyone is watching it because once people know you are watching it too they keep saying what happens.
J Harker likes this.
Old 17th August 2015, 09:01 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I've yet to see a single episode of Breaking Bad too.
Old 18th August 2015, 02:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
After all the hype has died down i decided to watch Breaking Bad and see what all the fuss is about. I only intended to watch the first episode and ended up watching the first season. It is a great show really got me hooked straight away it has the right amount of humour and it dose not feel forced. I have a feeling i may get through the 5 seasons by the end of the week.
Ive yet to watch a singe episode despite everything ive heard, and it being rated amongst one of the best tv shows ever.
Old 18th August 2015, 08:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: Old Codgers. A retired old policeman arrives at Sun Hill claiming to have found a man who brutally raped and murdered a young girl 50 years earlier back in World War II and escaped justice - standing next to him in the line at a chemist, waiting for his prescription. I can still remember this slightly eerie "justice delayed but not denied" episode. Doesn't seem like 19 years ago!
Old 18th August 2015, 08:37 AM
Cult Addict

The New Adventures of Wonder Woman.

Having stopped numerous Nazi invasions of America in the original series, WW is now in the present battling various superbaddies in the same two streets and field she fought the Nazis!

Aiming for a TV Batman style tongue in cheek dollop of camp, this is woefully poor stuff only redeemed by the iconic presence of Carter in costume. Is it me or do her hot pants look slightly inflated!

Xena

I have no idea which series I am watching on the Horror Channel but it is utter madness as Xena goes about destroying Pagan Gods in the name of Jesus!

The sex is ramped to the max as is the sentimentality giving the show a truly passive aggressive feel that the earlier series only hinted at. It is a mess but an enjoyable one.
keirarts and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 18th August 2015, 08:50 AM
Cult Veteran

It's not exactly a new show but last night with my flat mate I watched This is England 86.

I loved the movie and the show was a great companion piece, couple of bits were out of place for being overly farcical such as the 'casuals' on the motorbikes. I can imagine their friction with the skins but it was made out to be funny instead of tense. I can't wait to watch '88 and then '90 when it comes on the TV!
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th August 2015, 10:48 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post

Having stopped numerous Nazi invasions of America in the original series, WW is now in the present battling various superbaddies in the same two streets and field she fought the Nazis!

Aiming for a TV Batman style tongue in cheek dollop of camp, this is woefully poor stuff only redeemed by the iconic presence of Carter in costume. Is it me or do her hot pants look slightly inflated!

Xena

I have no idea which series I am watching on the Horror Channel but it is utter madness as Xena goes about destroying Pagan Gods in the name of Jesus!

The sex is ramped to the max as is the sentimentality giving the show a truly passive aggressive feel that the earlier series only hinted at. It is a mess but an enjoyable one.
I did notice that wonder woman's shorts are pretty big alright or maybe it was to hide and control the fashion of the day

As you said Lynda Carter really helps smooth over any cracks in the show. No pun intended.
Old 18th August 2015, 11:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post

Xena

I'm currently watching the third series of Xena. You've summed it up quite well. Throw in Bruce Campbell and the fact Lucy Lawless seems to never actually play the role of Xena as she's always taken over by every body swap nutter around, be it virginal priestesses or the stark raving mad Callisto and it's all a lot of fun.
Old 19th August 2015, 05:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm currently watching the third series of Xena. You've summed it up quite well. Throw in Bruce Campbell and the fact Lucy Lawless seems to never actually play the role of Xena as she's always taken over by every body swap nutter around, be it virginal priestesses or the stark raving mad Callisto and it's all a lot of fun.
A further episode from season 3 had Xena asleep through the majority of it and was all based on Gabrielle's stories - Another mad episode with sweaty love goddesses, and not in a good way, three all singing, all dancing, naked Gabrielle's, a powerless God of war and a finale of fish throwing madness.
Old 20th August 2015, 07:55 AM
Cult Addict

Finished Series 3 of Whitechapel, actually a week or so ago now. It was ok but nothing special, being played out as three two-parters rather than one story. Character arcs seemed to come and go, with characters behaving in some random ways then just carrying in as if nothing happened, as I'd the writers had ideas then abandoned them. Maybe the fourth series will pick up a bit but I'm not rushing to watch it.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!