All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13872Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2024, 09:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Transporter: Season 1

Episode 1: Trojan Horsepower.
Frank is hired by his friend Dieter to deliver a prototype for a engine part to Paris, while the designer's daughter is with Frank they are pursued by assassins.

Episode 2: Payback.
While making a delivery, Frank looses his package in a hold up by a Russian who has hired someone from Frank's past.

Episode 3: The General's Daughter.
Frank's latest package is a young woman he has to get out of the city, who's father has ties to a crime syndicate.

Episode 4: Harvest.
Frank's latest job is to deliver a heart that is for a 16 year old unaware a 14 year old needs a transplant awsell, Frank finds out from Inspector Tarconi that the heart was stolen.

Episode 5: Dead Drop.
Frank travels to Philadelphia hired by a blind man who trained Frank in the C.I.A to help clear his name while being pursued by a mole and assassins.

I have always wanted to see this series but could never find a decent price for it and in English audio, Chris Vance takes over from Jason Statham and manages to do a decent job and it's more watchable than The Transporter Reloaded. Francois Berleand from the movies reprises his role as Traconi and Delphine Chaneac pops up that makes you wonder what her character is all about.
Old 24th May 2024, 09:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The transporter: Season 1 (Cont)

Episode 6: 12 Hours.
Frank is inserted with a micro nano chip, he has to drive to Switzerland or in 12 hours the chip will dissolve killing him.

Episode 7: Give A Guy A Hand.
Frank's latest job goes wrong and he's thrown into jail, things don't add up and Frank realises he has been set up but slowly uncovers why he was set up.

Episode 8: Sharks.
A businessman has set up a race, each car will have a case all they have to do is reach the finish line but someone wants all the cases.

Episode 9: City Of Love:
Frank delivers a package that alerts sniffer dogs and only to be put on terrorist alert. With someone out for revenge, Frank tries to find the bomb before it goes off.

Episode 10: The Switch.
Frank delivers a valuble painting only for it to be classed as a fake and sets out to find the real painting and who stole it while teaming up with a woman who has a claim to the original.

Episode 11: Hot ice.
Frank is in Canada working for a security firm during a hockey game and uncovers corruption within a powerful person and tries to expose him.

Episode 12:Cherchez La femme
Frank delivers a package to a businessman that turns out to be a young hacker called Jet who has become a target for a corrupt policeman. When Jet and Carla become a target, Frank tries to rescue them while he finds out who Juliette really is.

This was a good series and certainly kept you entertained, the fight scenes are certainly choreographed well just hope the second season is the same if not better.
Old 24th May 2024, 09:50 PM
Cult Addict

Currently watching Mandy series 3, love Diane Morgan, stupid and silly but what's wrong with that?

Think i'm about the only person who watches these, never gets mentioned.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 27th May 2024, 09:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm currently watching old Coronation Street eps on YouTube. "Old" as in 2000s, so I've never seen them anyway. Started off with the Richard Hillman story, which was pretty good actually.
I may need to get a life.
Susan Foreman and MrBarlow like this.
Old 27th May 2024, 10:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I'm currently watching old Coronation Street eps on YouTube. "Old" as in 2000s, so I've never seen them anyway. Started off with the Richard Hillman story, which was pretty good actually.
I may need to get a life.
Lol I've been watching old Corrie on itv+ for yrs now, saw that storyline it was done better then now Corrie now, ppl moan Corrie daft ridiculous now, lets be honest cant be as daft and ridiculous as Tracy pretending steves baby Roys and then getting married.
In old Corrie now its yr 2004.
nosferatu42 and iank like this.
Old 28th May 2024, 01:39 AM
Cult Addict

"Tracy pretending steves baby Roys."

Lately i've been trying to learn how to play the guitar, but I can't be arsed to learn any songs.
If I ever get round to actually making a song I want it to be called this...

Seriously.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 28th May 2024, 10:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
"Tracy pretending steves baby Roys."

Lately, i've been trying to learn how to play the guitar, but I can't be arsed to learn any songs.
If I ever get round to actually making a song I want it to be called this...

Seriously.
Lol, that be fun to listen to,
there a pub near us that has bands / singers, and a notice board that tell you who up and coming, and one of the bands must have been a fan of Corrie because they was called Hilda?s flying ducks.
Fans of old Corrie will know the reference, if not Hilda one of the most iconic soap characters ever, and had a wall that was a mural and she had about 5 ornament birds hung on the wall.

Yep, she bet liz ?1 she could lure Roy into bed, she got him drunk at a do and next morning he woke up in same bed as Tracey, she found out she was pregnant but it was Steves after a one night stand but she pretended it was Roys and offered to sell Amy for 20 thousand, (I think it was that price) then they got married because Roy thought it would give him more rights to the child.
Susan Foreman and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th May 2024, 10:57 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
there a pub near us that has bands / singers, and a notice board that tell you who up and coming, and one of the bands must have been a fan of Corrie because they was called Hilda?s flying ducks.

Fans of old Corrie will know the reference, if not Hilda one of the most iconic soap characters ever, and had a wall that was a mural and she had about 5 ornament birds hung on the wall.
I'm sure you mean Hilda's Muriel

nosferatu42 and iank like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th May 2024, 11:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I'm sure you mean Hilda's Muriel

That's the one lol, wasn't sure how many birds there was.

Thanks
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 30th May 2024, 09:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Digging Star Trek at the moment. Thursday is my Trek night and I flip between the various shows every week. Atm I'm on TOS season 1 (only occasionally seen TOS but am starting to get it into it more now), TNG season 6, DS9 season 6, Voyager season 1 and Enterprise season 1.

Like this? Share it using the links below!