Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2016, 07:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: Fifty-Fifty. The discovery of John Boulton's body sends shockwaves through Sun Hill. A shattered Claire Stanton is even more stunned when she catches Beech in a lie and realises he must be the killer. With forensics all over the scene and the realisation that he cannot trust his supposed "allies", Beech realises he's going to have to run - but he's still got one last card to play... These episodes are still intense and rivetting as hell, even 16 years on!
Old 30th November 2016, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished a number of anime series.

Also watching detective Conan but as that has hundreds of episodes going to be some time before I finish it.

Old 1st December 2016, 07:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: All Fall Down (Parts 1 & 2). CIB storm into Sun Hill, suspending the whole of CID as the truth about Don Beech and Claire Stanton is finally revealed to a stunned station - and more than one head is going to roll. Meanwhile the man himself, Don Beech, is on the run, desperate to get out of the country before Claire catches up with him.... This two parter is, as is with the rest of this epic arc, gripping and fantastic stuff. The only problem is what comes next. As a send-off for Beech and Boulton it's as epic and fabulous as it should be for two such iconic characters, the problem is the producers decide to throw the baby out with the bathwater and throw away Chief Superintendent Brownlow, DI Chris Deakin, DS Jeff Daly and DC Kerry Holmes into the bargain. While I can just about accept Brownlow as I thought his replacement, the deliciously reptilian Tom Chandler, was great, the sad fact is the CID replacements were almost universally disappointing and substandard, and while the 2001 season still has some good stuff before the show crashes and burns under the dreaded Marquess in 2002, it is never really the same again from this point.
Old 1st December 2016, 06:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default The Exorcist TV series.

I recorded these and watched them all up to date over two nights with the missus. I wondered how it would pan out and was ready to delete all if the first episode hadn't grabbed me but... I am really enjoying this! Which surprised me somewhat. The film is a Holy Grail of horror films for me ever since I watched it as a very scared 12 year old boy back in '77/78 and for me still stands today as a masterpiece. I am now eagerly awaiting the next episode.

I don't want to give away any plot as some of you might want to see it but just by the title you know somewhat of the premise. Possessed girl, Doc's confused, priests fighting to save her soul. Little nods and winks to the original but I wish they'd use a bit more of Tubular Bells myself. The CGI can be a bit annoying but not enough to jar you out of the atmosphere and the acting is top notch across the board.

Anyone else seen it, got any thoughts on it?
Old 1st December 2016, 06:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Like you, I have recorded all the episodes and plan to watch them in two or three days, hopefully starting this weekend when I have finished the second season of The Musketeers (I have watched 8 of the 10 episodes and am hoping Lovefilm will send the final discount tomorrow).
Boo Radley likes this.
Old 1st December 2016, 06:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Let us know what you think of it Nos. You too are a big fan of the original film, aren't you?
Old 1st December 2016, 06:42 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Let us know what you think of it Nos. You too are a big fan of the original film, aren't you?
The Exorcist is my all-time favourite film, one of the greatest movies ever made and certainly the best in the horror genre.

To say I am approaching the TV show with some trepidation would be a huge understatement.
Old 1st December 2016, 07:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The Exorcist is my all-time favourite film, one of the greatest movies ever made and certainly the best in the horror genre.

To say I am approaching the TV show with some trepidation would be a huge understatement.
Look at it this way. It can't be as bad as The Exorcist II.
Old 1st December 2016, 07:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Look at it this way. It can't be as bad as The Exorcist II.
Good point.
Old 1st December 2016, 08:11 PM
Cult Addict

I imagine I'm the only person who is put off the tv show by the film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!