Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2021, 10:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
'Millennium', season 1, episodes 1 and 2.
First watch since broadcast and so far it holds up very well. I remember it being one of my favourite shows, but don't remember much about it. It's so damn dark and grimy, even by today's standards.
And still one of my favourite opening credits sequences.
Fun fact - back in the day, when this was broadcast down here, our local TV station played the final two episodes in reverse order
I haven't seen Millennium since i first bought it on dvd. Can't remember a thing about it other than the first episode had an excellent industrial metal soundtrack and none of the others did.
Old 1st July 2021, 11:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Haha, yeah, very Fincher/Se7en inspired, I'd say.
Ep. 2 featured Cypress Hill 'Hit From The Bong'!
Old 3rd July 2021, 10:18 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Recent viewings:

Taskmaster: Series 9 – more enjoyable, stupid, and skilful tasks with some people I've heard of (David Baddiel, Jo Brand) and others I hadn't (Ed Gamble, Katy Wix, Rose Matefeo).

It's an excellent concept and a TV show I enjoy watching in the evenings when unwinding before going to sleep.

Doctor Who: Season 1 (2005) – the first 'regular' Doctor Who I've ever seen and something I never considered watching until seeing all the discussion here. I liked the relationship between Christopher Ecclestone's Time Lord and Rose, his human companion. Some of the effects are a bit ropey by today's standards, though that didn't detract from my enjoyment; I thought the strongest episodes were the Mark Gatiss-scripted The Unquiet Dead set in Victorian-era Cardiff with Simon Callow playing Charles Dickens, and The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances, the two-parter set in London during 1941.

I started watching Taskmaster Series 10 and have been watching the odd episode of The Simpsons, beginning on season 19 (I own seasons 1-18 on DVD) and am now up to season 28.

It's funny to see the show go through several technological progressions as it begins in the 4:3 aspect ratio, expands to 16:9 and then moves from standard definition to HD with surround sound. Although the quality isn't up there with the first 10 seasons also, there are a couple of funny moments in every episode and some, like the Treehouse of Horror XXVII anthology episode, are brilliantly written and hugely enjoyable.
Old 3rd July 2021, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching these Korean shows on Netflix.

Old 3rd July 2021, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching these Korean shows on Netflix.

Any of them any good ?
Old 4th July 2021, 09:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Any of them any good ?
Really been enjoying them , itaewon class is probably my favourite .

Most of these Korean, Chinese and Japanese I've been really enjoy , usual better than most of what we put out in the west.
Old 4th July 2021, 08:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

1996 UK Biggest Hits

Another Countdown which lists the UK's biggest singles of 1996 and TBH, I was quite surprised about some of the songs that actually made the list. I wasn't expecting 3T, Robert Miles (One By One) and The X-Files to be there and I was pleasantly surprised that The Spice Girls weren't Number 1 (I thought that they were a certainty)
Old 4th July 2021, 10:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
1996 UK Biggest Hits

Another Countdown which lists the UK's biggest singles of 1996 and TBH, I was quite surprised about some of the songs that actually made the list. I wasn't expecting 3T, Robert Miles (One By One) and The X-Files to be there and I was pleasantly surprised that The Spice Girls weren't Number 1 (I thought that they were a certainty)
Now and again when I’m flicking through tv if I come across those type or similar shows I tend to watch them, some are really good and be surprised what you didn’t know or forgot about.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 4th July 2021, 10:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Now and again when I’m flicking through tv if I come across those type or similar shows I tend to watch them, some are really good and be surprised what you didn’t know or forgot about.
Yeah Channel 5 are really good when it comes to countdown shows or similar ilk.

Also listening to the stories associated with the songs that I listened too in the 90s just adds layer to it.
Old 4th July 2021, 10:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Eps. 3 and 4 of 'Millennium', Season 1. That's disc 1 completed.
I'm fully in, now. Enjoying it a lot, despite a couple of actors being a bit over the top! Still surprised at how far they go and how much they show - don't remember anything else from this time period that went this far - apart from 'Six Feet Under', though that was a bit more comedic, from memory. This is as dark as can be.

Like this? Share it using the links below!