Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1837Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2011, 10:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Just bought the Dr. Strangelove, Poltergeist, and The Exorcist digibooks, which including shipping saves £15 over the Amazon.co.uk price.

I've pre-ordered the Raro Video boxset which by my calculations comes to less than £5 per film at the current exchange rate. Bargain!
Just received my parcel from Amazon and .... I'm absolutely livid. All three discs were just rattling around inside one big box, and although Dr Strangelove and Dirty Harry just about escaped unharmed, The Exorcist is absolutely battered. In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has been resealed (the shrink wrap just doesn't look 'factory' too me).

Does anyone have any experience with Amazon.com complaints. What are the odds of getting a replacement?

And do you know what the final insult was? £18 customs and handling from DHL. Would have been cheaper to buy from Amazon.co.uk marketplace. That was one expensive lesson I just learned.

Last edited by dream demon; 28th November 2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 29th November 2011, 12:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've never had anything wrong with any of the Amazons yet luckily but from what I gather, their service is good when it comes to faulty goods. Take some pics and email contact them. I've heard in some cases with international orders they haven't even bothered asking for a return as its probably not worth them paying the costs.

Bad luck about the customs charges. You have to order separately or go expedited with customs charges in advance for an order over £15 to be safe.
dream demon likes this.
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:13 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Amazon have the Complete Star Wars Blu Ray set for £48 as part of their 12 Days of Christmas sale.
Old 3rd December 2011, 02:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
Amazon have the Complete Star Wars Blu Ray set for £48 as part of their 12 Days of Christmas sale.
I suspect this will drop on Boxing day.
I not a fan but my dad is so told him to wait

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd December 2011, 04:52 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

£49 instore in HMV too
Old 3rd December 2011, 04:58 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
£49 instore in HMV too
Bloody hell, that is a surprise!
Old 3rd December 2011, 05:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Good price but I'm not in any rush for them. Historically, Fox don't really discount Star Wars much so I probably can't see it getting a lot better.
Old 4th December 2011, 09:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I suspect this will drop on Boxing Day.
I not a fan but my dad is so told him to wait.
I'm holding my horses too until the SW BR box set comes down even further than £49. I'm hoping about £30 or better yet £17 like the Alien Anthology.

That's Entertainment in Gateshead's The Metro Centre currently have a £3 each or two for a fiver promo going on with brand new BRs at the mo featuring the likes of Batman And Robin, Batman Forever, The Omega Man and Awaydays. Yours truly snapped up TOM yesterday as i'm quite content to own the other three titles on DVD.
Old 4th December 2011, 04:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
That's Entertainment in Gateshead's The Metro Centre currently have a £3 each or two for a fiver promo going on with brand new BRs at the mo featuring the likes of Batman And Robin, Batman Forever, The Omega Man and Awaydays. Yours truly snapped up TOM yesterday as i'm quite content to own the other three titles on DVD.

Yeah, I picked up The Omega Man a while back from there. Don't suppose you can remember what else they had in that offer do you?
Old 6th December 2011, 01:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Don't suppose you can remember what else they had in that offer do you?
Sorry but nothing else springs to mind bar both the aforementioned Batman outings and Awaydays.

Like this? Share it using the links below!