Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2009, 10:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes, then The Freak arrived! Then Poface returned to been tough but fair, Len Murphy is soon making his first appearence in the episodes I'm watching.
Old 28th March 2009, 06:02 PM
Cultist

cloud - Just watched the two clips you posted (at the bottom of page 3). The sound was poor in the second clip. They were scary and a bit grim and gory. Was Prisoner shown late at night in Austrailia and was the show shown uncut when it was on ITV and five?
Old 29th March 2009, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Prisoner was shown prime time in Australia, around 8 or 9pm. Some of the violence is rather startling for a tv show, as the show went on it became increasingly violent. There was a period when it was moved to 7pm and the language and violence was dropped, it really shows in that period.
Old 15th April 2009, 03:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

This just in from DVD Answers -
Title: Prisoner: Cell Block H - Volume 2 (IMDb)
Starring: Val Lehman
Released: 1st June 2009
SRP: £34.99

Further Details:
Shock Entertainment and Fremantle Media have announced the release of Prisoner: Cell Block H Volume 2 for the 1st of June, priced at around £34.99. The eight-disc set includes episodes 33-64 from the series, but this time no bonus material has been announced. Here's the artwork.

UPDATE ! Voume 2 has now passed through the BBFC as a 12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prisonercellblockh23d.jpg (68.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JAMIOUSE; 6th May 2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 19th May 2009, 04:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I love the show too. I have all 692 eps on DVD. I have a wide range of tastes from the bizarre to the common to the unknown blah blah. Always loved prisoner.

Good ol Vinegar Tits starting off the first 224 episodes as the arsey sour screw, to be temporararily replaced with Po Face 225-286. Then of course 287 -692 the marvellous Joan "The Freak" Ferguson bashing,blackmailing,shooting,stealing & lying her way through the last 405 eps of the show, Rivalled By Beatrice "You BAAAAAAAAAAstard" Smith, Len " I wouldn't put a dyke in charge of an outhouse" Murphy and finally Rita "WARRRIORRRRRRRRS" Connors only to always Come out on top until the end............... What is not to like??. Prisoner dared go where no other drama would dare now.

Can you see Peggy Mitchell or Ken Barlow Trying to throw enemys off roofs or trying to Burn their enemys to death in a huge fire??. Or maybe Dot Branning turning out to be an escaped Psycho like David Bridges fraudulently masquerading as a launderette Owner??............

Along with Sons and Daughters I am proud to have this Aussie Babe in my collection. If you miss Emmerdale,Eastenders,Corrie etc for 39 weeks you have missed next to nothing. However you miss one "SOLITARY" episode of Prisoner or a sepia frame of SAD you will have missed the world.

That is my review/Take on the subject anyway. I won't be collectibg the Uk edition as I have the Aus one. If however it sucessfully (UK) reaches the cut episodes seen in the Aus volumes 29/30 I will then purchase said volume of Uk edition (Long way Off).

Rick
Old 19th May 2009, 03:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well the other option is to buy individual Aus volumes off Ebay/Amazon etc. Or from EZYDVD Aus cheap over there compared to The Uk Prices. Buy as and when you can step by step
Old 19th May 2009, 06:08 PM
Cultist

I'm a bit peeved with Freemantle, who don't seem to be giving out review copies of Volume 2.

Nick & I put one hell of a lot of work into our review of the first volume and we would have thought that giving out copies of the second one would have have been in their best interests - but what do we know?

Anyhoo, in one of the later episodes of the first set, there's a scene where Sheila Florence stands up and shouts something to Fiona Spence and during her rant, her upper set momentarily lose their grip! You would have thought that they'd have offered a second take for that one!

Kev W
Old 19th May 2009, 06:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Gold6082, would you consider selling your Cell Block H box set?
Old 19th May 2009, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Gold6082, would you consider selling your Cell Block H box set?
Hi Cloud,

Sorry No way would I ever part with it. However IF and it is IF i get a spare copy of any Volume come my way I will let you know.

Rick
Old 20th May 2009, 01:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nah it's alright, I'm looking to get it in its entirety, I find getting the individual volumes to be a real headache. Thanks anyway.

Btw, where did you order yours from and for how much? Though I suppose it's pointless asking how much because the GBP has gone way down in the last few months.

Like this? Share it using the links below!