Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:31 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The rape scenes were also heavily toned down in the Vipco Cannibal Holocaust, as was the dildo/mudball scene by the river. How these would fare with the BBFC now is anyone's guess.
Old 3rd April 2008, 03:08 PM
Cultist in Training

Silly question time, or is it? Certain titles have been cut by the BBFC for different reasons. The NYR loses part of the breast slicing scene, but, my question is this: could it not have been left in and 'fogged' to attain the 'Full Uncut' status everyone wants? The Japanese have done it for years so couldn't Shameless? I raise this point because a few members have said that they'd like to see Ferox get the yellow sleeve treatment but everyone appreciates that there could be problems with the breast hanging scene. Instead of cutting and losing the screams, leave it in but fog/pixelate out the actual insertion of the hooks The film would then be less cut which is surely what everyone wants. The same could also be done with any number of films, including certain animal cruelty scenes. Fogging a portion of the scene would not mean the scene had any less impact.

Just an idea.

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID
Old 3rd April 2008, 03:44 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

It's certainly been done before in the UK so it isn't an impossibility. For the cinema release of Pretty Baby an airbrushing was done to mask Brooke Shields's 'naughty bits' (though they later passed it uncut anyway), and Ai No Corrida used a zoom shot during the scene where the little boy's willy is yanked by the woman.

I think the cut in NYR is extremely well done. Often the edit is so well made that the scene actually comes out better. The strangling in Maniac goes on forever and the cut version is actually an improvement.
Old 3rd April 2008, 03:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It was done recently with Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song, where the director, instead of cutting the film, used black ink to obscure part of the screen which would other wise have fallen foul of the CPA.
Old 3rd April 2008, 04:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think fogging or misting certain scenes, especially in the likes of Ferox would work rather well.
As it stands with the breast impalment scene in the VIPCO edit of Ferox the female character is lead out and you don't see her after that. If you hadn't seen the uncut version you wouldn't know her fate as there isn't even a parting distance shot to show shes dead or how she was killed.
I have the 'Make Them Die Slowly' vhs but bought the UK version as I always buy the UK discs so buying this again in a fuller version or fogged version would be a definite for me. I even bought both versions of UK Holocaust.
I think that Ferox and Eaten Alive would have alot of previous cuts waived and could even go through the bbfc uncut if the animal scenes were removed or fogged pre submission.
In this condition they could be tagged Extreme Edition and would sell very nicely, plus think of the fun reverse jacket artwork.
Old 3rd April 2008, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have to admit that Vipco's version of Ferox left me wondering what had happened to that charcter, she was obviously killed but might as well have gone off to live the native life!
Old 3rd April 2008, 07:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Your right Jamoise, I hate it when a character gets killed but due to cuts and bad editing you dont see it and your left for the rest of the film wondering were the hell they went.
I watched some film once were a character went into a cellar and you never saw him again.
Old 3rd April 2008, 08:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Absurd,the version of DEVIL HUNTER I'm sending u must be from a Japanese laserdisc,as full frontals are 'fogged'.....
Old 3rd April 2008, 09:49 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Vipco release of Eaten Alive was an absolute mess. As with Sovereign's VHS of Night Of The Bloody Apes the cuts made the film completely incomprehensible.

If Vipco had resubmitted the uncut Eaten Alive in 2001, instead of re-releasing the same cut print all the cuts, bar the animal violence, would have been waived. Me Me Lai's killing was taken from Last Cannibal World (and the castration scene from Mountain Of The Cannibal God), and both of these particular scenes are uncut in the UK anyway.

Eaten Alive would just lose the crocodile killing and snake/monkey scenes. Everything else would pass without problems.
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

How come the bbfc allowed the scene in Mountain of the Cannibal god were a largish sized lizard gets sliced open and part of its innards removed , to remain intact in the VIPCO UK release of their double sided disc in both the WS and pan an scan versions.?
The scene was pretty graphic and I was surprised to see this scene passed by the bbfc.

I think fogging is a great idea Absurd.
I wonder if Shameless would use it in replace of cuts if severe cuts were ordered on a future release, and I also wonder what way the bbfc would react to a film that was fogged over were they ordered cuts.?
Perhaps Almar knows the bbfc view's on this form of censoring.

Like this? Share it using the links below!