Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2008, 12:54 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Is this the one where everyone in a town goes loopy and the guy pees all over the car?
Yes to the first and........not sure on the peeing part though.
Old 28th April 2008, 06:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
That's very interesting, Angel. The info I have states that they were primarily the same cuts (the rape and the shower murder), though it isn't exactly reliable at times. Look forward to these.

I never saw the original cinema version alas. This film seems to have a bewildering variety of running times.
Expose - The film was classified X in 1975 with the following cuts -

Reel 1 -
Remove all shots of Suzanne riding Paul.
Remove shot of knife cutting wrists (after Paul sees himself with bloody hands).
Reel 2 -
Reduce the scene where Linda masturbates to establishment shot only. All side shots are to be removed, except from pan from waist to head.
Considerably reduce the rape of Linda in the field. All dialogue and visuals about "turning over" are to be removed.
Reel 3 -
In fantasy scene after Paul falls drunk to the floor, remove knife stab and reduce blood swirl.
The killing of Mrs. Ashton is to consist of only one shot of the knife still against her throat.
Reel 4 -
The whole sequence of Suzanne performing fellatio on Paul and his making love to her from behind is to be removed. The cut is to be made from when she lies down on the bed to resume on the mirror shot when Linda is seen watching them.
The killing of Suzanne is to be reduced to one shot only of the knife touching her stomach. All slashing of her bloody body are to be removed.
No impact shot to be seen when Linda slashes Paul's face.
Old 28th April 2008, 10:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

If you've not already posted these cuts on the Worldwidedvdforums before Angel then it seems ok at the moment (as you know it's playing up a lot lately)
Old 28th April 2008, 10:30 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Good info there Angel. Quite heavy cuts by the look of it.

The WWDVD could definitely do with these. The site was fine for me this morning as well.
Old 28th April 2008, 10:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Ridiculously heavy cuts for an X certificate IMHO.
Old 28th April 2008, 03:15 PM
Ex-member

Reel 4 of "The whole sequence of Suzanne performing fellatio on Paul and his making love to her from behind is to be removed"
is in the uncut and cut versions on DVD and the same scene was shown on CH5.

Last edited by VideoFluffyBunny; 28th April 2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 28th April 2008, 03:37 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The above listing is the cinema cuts.

Thoroughly massacred for cinema by the look of things. Most of the cuts were restored in the VHS/DVD print though the gunpoint rape and shower murders are still edited (51 secs total).
Old 29th April 2008, 05:47 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

i'd give my vote for Killer reserved 9 seats, not seen it but sounds very interesting and doesn't seem to have any official dvd release. it'd save me from buying a dodgy dvdr of it.

Speaking of Giallo a Venezia, hows about Patrick still lives, but likewise would have major issues with bbfc.

what about Pigs (released in US by troma), saw it at the nightmare USA day last year, a really delirious fun trashy film. or again on a trashy 80s tip, what about the uninvited (1987), crazy film about a bizarre monster living inside of a cat
Old 5th May 2008, 01:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

Shame about the extras thing, extras do tip the balance, sometimes more than the picture and sound quality.

But as you say it's a terrible time for DVD sales.

If only you could get 2nd hand extras as part of a deal for a film.
Old 5th May 2008, 07:42 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hi,my name's reaper and I'm a salesman for shameless........I've got rid of many blue underground and anchor bay titles to get the shameless version instead...it's those yellow covers....I'm like a fly to a blue light,now some may find that's STRANGE,but,it's all about artwork for me....I bought the last vhs quality crappy releases of Hooper's EATEN ALIVE and also '80's rental fave THE ALCHEMIST....it's a pity Shameless can't afford extras at the moment,that I agree with Sic,but I'm as happy as pig in shit getting great artwork,and good quality transfers to boot....
Now can I interest any of you in upgrading to a SHAMELESS version?.....
I've got sales targets/figures to meet this quarter.....

Like this? Share it using the links below!