Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2009, 07:26 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

The problem with Blood & Black Lace is the lack of good materials but it's high on my list - Death Laid an Egg too. The good news is with Shameless and Arrow in the giallo case here in the UK I can only hope we'll get to see more of these titles.
Old 15th May 2009, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm sure Shameless would do a bang up job with Blood and Black Lace, it couldn't be worse than the VCI release!
Old 15th May 2009, 07:56 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I remember VCI sending me the disc back in my reviewing days - they were a lovely bunch of people to deal with - odd artwork choices though I thought. Useful observation eh? I'll never forget them sending me Don't Go Into The Cellar - how dull is that film? Geez.
Old 15th May 2009, 08:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think most of the 'Don't Go...' titles are pretty dull Almar! I bought Don't Go Into The House on it's US release, god was it hard going. I sold it on eBay not long after.
Old 15th May 2009, 08:17 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Don't Go... And Buy it!
Old 15th May 2009, 09:24 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I agree. Don't Go In The House goes seriously up in smoke after the first murder (which may still have BBFC problems today).

Don't Go In The Woods is just plain abysmal - but for reasons unknown (perhaps an early form of dementia) I do enjoy it. Ditto for Don't Look In The Basement (Rosie Holotik in a nurse's outfit).

Don't Open Till Christmas is always opened for my yuletide every year.
Old 16th May 2009, 01:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Death Laid an Egg too.
Oh yes, Almar - pleeeeeease release this one!
Old 17th May 2009, 03:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've never seen Death Laid an Egg, so I'm pretty sure I'd pick it up if Shameless put it out.
Old 18th May 2009, 08:43 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
The problem with Blood & Black Lace is the lack of good materials but it's high on my list - Death Laid an Egg too. The good news is with Shameless and Arrow in the giallo case here in the UK I can only hope we'll get to see more of these titles.
The German Blood And Black Lace release is a much better transfer than the VCI one... so there must be at least a half decent print around.

As far as Queens Of Evil goes... I think the Locklock And Load lot have been trying to get someone to release a definitive version of that for years now.

I've got the Japanese Death Laid An Egg DVD... and that's a fantastic transfer too. So it looks like someone's already done most of the hard work on that one.
Old 7th June 2009, 10:11 AM
Cultist

How come so many people dislike the VCI release of Blood and Black Lace. I was really impressed with it - 2 discs, nice print, a few extras. Could be worse!

Thanks to a few different companies, old Italian genre pictures are getting really good releases now.

Like this? Share it using the links below!