Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2009, 11:17 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Torso is a tense little winner - really surprised me when I watched it how it could have passed me by for so long. Your wife has good taste!
Old 16th January 2009, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanyang Man View Post
Oh, I'm aware of that...but there's no harm in throwing them out there as an individual in a thread titled "Films I would love to see released by Shameless", is there? If anything, it gives the powers that be an idea of the sort of market they're reaching as well as posits them in the direction of ideas for future licencing arrangements for product -- even if titles have been released (albeit usually in substandard editions) by other distributors.

I certainly don't expect Argent Films to licence the majority of titles I've mentioned for release on their Shameless DVD label; but it's a nice thought to think that there's actually a forum for the fans to interact and offer a modicum of feedback to a company releasing niche films for the public.
I was just saying is all. Dont mean to come off as a disageable twat.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 16th January 2009, 02:33 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

No twats here - I checked.
Old 16th January 2009, 06:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
It wouldn't receive any BBFC problems if submitted separately now either.

There's a fascinating interview with former BBFC examiner Craig Lapper re the uncut certification of Zombie Flesh Eaters here.
By the way Vince, Craig is now a senior examiner
Old 16th January 2009, 10:02 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I thought he'd finished at the BBFC. Well done to Craig! He's a knowledgeable guy whose love of films comes over in every article he's written.

His booklet on Flesh For Frankenstein's UK censorship problems (which comes with the Tartan DVD) is absolutely superb.
Old 20th January 2009, 02:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What about this one for Shameless 2?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jaquetteoz2.jpg (78.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg yetidc7.jpg (89.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 20th January 2009, 02:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I hope not. What Have You Done To Solange? is without doubt the dullest giallo I've ever seen. ****ing woeful film imo.
Old 20th January 2009, 04:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well I've just checked its IMDb page and it seems to be regarded by some as one of the very best the genre has to offer. It just goes to show how divided opinions can be!

Personally I found it overlong (at nearly 2 hours) with the very few kills there were off camera, a drawn out, tedious, and at times confusing plot, dull characters and a serious lack of sleaze and gore. I nearly always find something to like even in the lesser giallos but with Solange I'm struggling to think of a single positive. If anything I would use it as an example of just how boring a giallo could be if done wrong.

I'm not a fan of its sequel - Trauma (aka Red Rings Of Fear) - either because that again suffers from the same flaws that hurt Solange. I think What Have They Done To Your Daughters? is pretty good though so the trilogy wasn't a complete train wreck.
Old 20th January 2009, 06:21 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

I have to be honest, i really liked solange, but not that keen on "Rings of Fear" and imo "What have they done to your daughters" comes somewhere inbetween.

Ok, so not that graphic in relation to gore, but as for sleaze!!!

Schoolgirls having affairs with teachers who are married to other teachers, (I don't think thats a spoiler as is apparent in first few mins)...

Fabio Testi...

Can't say next one as might be a bit of a spoiler...but deffo fits into the sleazy category...

etc etc etc, i loved it.
Old 20th January 2009, 09:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't recall seeing much sleaze, it was all implied rather than filmed. I think Dallamano was going for the award of making the most restrained giallo ever filmed. That was the problem with Solange, it was too damn talky.
I remember Fabio Testi being rather dull in the lead role. Anyway I'm guessing I'm in the minority but I thought it was utter garbage, gimme Giallo A Venezia or Bloody Moon over Solange any day of the week .

Like this? Share it using the links below!