Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1930's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2013, 11:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscreams View Post
Yes I agree. It is beautiful. This one and Eureka's The passion of Joan of Arc steelbook are absolutely stunning. Great movies that deserve a great package. But is M a horror? I don't think so, it is dark however and will appeal to horror fans I think.
In my personal opinion is more of a horror film than say the SAW sequels. It's themes are more thought provoking and have more darker implications, that stay with you, than looking at the gore of SAW and going 'ewww' for 10 seconds and then forgetting about it.
Old 5th October 2013, 09:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think it sort of falls into the Serial Killer genre, a sub category of Horror.....maybe along the lines of Silence Of The Lambs, Manhunter & Se7en?
Old 5th October 2013, 09:27 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
In my personal opinion is more of a horror film than say the SAW sequels. It's themes are more thought provoking and have more darker implications, that stay with you, than looking at the gore of SAW and going 'ewww' for 10 seconds and then forgetting about it.
True maybe, but I never watched Saw to be honest and I don't want to either. I think that most of this torture stuff has nothing to do with what I think is horror.
Old 6th October 2013, 11:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
True maybe, but I never watched Saw to be honest and I don't want to either. I think that most of this torture stuff has nothing to do with what I think is horror.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I would, however, say the first Saw is worth watching, its the sequels from 3 onwards that focus too much on the gore at the expense of everything else.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 6th October 2013, 12:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I see where you are coming from. I hate torture films too, but the first Saw isn't like that. It's a very clever, well written thriller. You should definitely give it a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised!
monkeyscreams likes this.
Old 6th October 2013, 02:18 PM
Cultist in Training

What an absurd thread. M is one of the greatest horror films ever made.
Demoncrat and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 6th October 2013, 03:01 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I see where you are coming from. I hate torture films too, but the first Saw isn't like that. It's a very clever, well written thriller. You should definitely give it a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised!
Okay guys, I will do that. Thanks.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 31st July 2017, 01:21 AM
Cult Rookie

I would call it more of a crime movie or thriller. It's not really about a group of people being chased by a murderer. It's more about how the city deals with the murders and capture the killer.
Old 31st July 2017, 11:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes. No. Yes YES.

Scarier than bloody Saw anyhow

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!