Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2010, 09:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,I've got Blu Ray,but normal DVD's look great played on them!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th July 2010, 09:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
HMV now have Arrow's revamped Dawn DVD due for release on September 27th. Needless to say my pre-order has not long been submitted.

I already own the stunning British BR equivalent and this imminent upgraded DVD version will further bolster my SD selection of titles.
Sorry, I must be a little slow this morning; What revamped Dawn DVD? I've just ordered the Arrow Blu-Ray (from Arrow, I have to say) so I'm just curious.
Old 6th July 2010, 11:43 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Arrow are releasing the Dawn of the Dead Blu-ray as a DVD alternative. I think that's right anyway

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th July 2010, 11:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
What revamped Dawn DVD? I've just ordered the Arrow Blu-Ray (from Arrow, I have to say) so I'm just curious.
This forthcoming Dawn DVD is just the BR release ported over to the SD format with presumably the same three cuts of the film and the same extras.

The same thing is happening to Arrow's Day Of The Dead.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
This forthcoming Dawn DVD is just the BR release ported over to the SD format with presumably the same three cuts of the film and the same extras.

The same thing is happening to Arrow's Day Of The Dead.
Cool! My BR came through yesterday. Lovely package!
Old 9th July 2010, 12:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I like to own both DVD and BR releases of my fave films despite this decision costing me an arm and a leg. But that's just me all over. I just can't help it!
Old 9th July 2010, 12:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I like to own both DVD and BR releases of my fave films despite this decision costing me an arm and a leg. But that's just me all over. I just can't help it!
I can't criticise after buying the Blu-Ray and already owning the R1 Ultimate DVD package.
Old 10th July 2010, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I can't criticise after buying the Blu-Ray and already owning the R1 Ultimate DVD package.
I also own a myriad of ABUS Dawn DVDs encompassing the above ultimate edition set, the earlier anniversary release and single issue versions of the theatrical and Argento cuts.

On the U.K. front i've got the old BMG extended edit Dawn DVD and Arrow's current and still decent DVD variant.

Then there's the Italian 5-disc box set and of course both British and American BR equivalents.

Lastly, i still possess Elite's standard edition LD.

I gave my old Intervision pre-cert Dawn tapes away some time ago.
Old 10th July 2010, 01:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I also own a myriad of ABUS Dawn DVDs encompassing the above ultimate edition set, the earlier anniversary release and single issue versions of the theatrical and Argento cuts.

On the U.K. front i've got the old BMG extended edit Dawn DVD and Arrow's current and still decent DVD variant.

Then there's the Italian 5-disc box set and of course both British and American BR equivalents.

Lastly, i still possess Elite's standard edition LD.

I gave my old Intervision pre-cert Dawn tapes away some time ago.
I'm unusually lost for words
Old 10th July 2010, 01:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

I also used to have the very first ABUS Dawn DVD which was a flipper release and the Italian Argento cut single disc version. I believe i once owned a Dutch double DVD set too. However, once superior editions came along i gave the aforementioned counterparts away. They were obsolete and no real point in keeping them.

I still have the Dawn Monroeville Mall 'Muzak' CD issued a few years back though and it's still sealed!

Like this? Share it using the links below!