Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2010, 01:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I also used to have the very first ABUS Dawn DVD which was a flipper release and the Italian Argento cut single disc version. I believe i once owned a Dutch double DVD set too. However, once superior editions came along i gave the aforementioned counterparts away. They were obsolete and no real point in keeping them.

I still have the Dawn Monroeville Mall 'Muzak' CD issued a few years back though and it's still sealed!
The Trunk release? I have that "Unreleased Soundtrack Music...." comp along with the original Varese CD release and the Italian extended version. Good stuff!
Old 10th July 2010, 01:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
The Trunk release? I have that "Unreleased Soundtrack Music...." comp. Good stuff!
To be honest, i only really invested in this CD release for any collectablility it may have had as i gather only something like either 500 or 5000 copies were available. Can't recall which number exactly.
Old 10th July 2010, 02:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i have the unreleased CD, is that the one with the yellow cover and the Gonk?

I have had a few editions on dvd, i had the R1 divimax ed from ABUS, the UK arrow release and I know only have the Ultimate box with the 3 cuts.
Old 11th July 2010, 10:05 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i have the unreleased CD, is that the one with the yellow cover and the Gonk?
That's the one.

Believe it or not, but i also know somebody who claims to own a still new copy of the vintage Dawn board game from back in the day.
Old 22nd July 2010, 06:02 PM
Cult Rookie

i saw it as a kid, i think it was a bootleg copy,k watched that and the thing the same night, i was amazed at the gore, and more amazed my uncle let me watch it, i now have it on the region one boxset that came out, the black one with the comic, i like the extended cut.
Old 23rd July 2010, 05:56 AM
Cultist in Training

Found this fantastic new 'Dawn' design whilst surfing the web.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dawn_of_the_dead_poster_by_strongstuff.jpg (53.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Is the theatrical version uncut when it comes to gore or are all the "ffamous" scenes missing here?

I have only seen the Argento cut which is awesome and the "longest version worldwide" which runs 156 and was cut by Oliver Krekel ... and that was, well, the height of boredom.
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's been uncut for a while here. Another vote for the original Theatrical Cut. Director's Cut is too long and Argento's is a bit of a mess in comparison. I was lucky enough to see this a the big screen a few times. A bit too young for the original release but got to watch it 4 or 5 years later and went again because I loved it so much. Then got to see all 3 when Day came out! Dawn was my favourite movie of all-time until I saw Oldboy.
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I didn't mean whether the UK Blu contains the uncut theatrical cut, I know that.

The question is rather if Romeros theatrical cut missses a lot of gore that's present in Argentos cut or the extended version...
Old 23rd July 2010, 02:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sorry!

It's been a while since I watched the Argento cut but I'm pretty sure it's all in the Theatrical cut too though some of the framing and editing might be different.

The extended cut mainly adds fluff to the main characters' relationship and how they spend their time in the mall. Can't remember there being any extra gore in that one either.

Like this? Share it using the links below!