Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2011, 01:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've had the Anchor Bay UK DVD for years but have never watched Razorback, I'll dig it out and give it a spin.
Old 2nd September 2011, 02:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I've had the Anchor Bay UK DVD for years but have never watched Razorback, I'll dig it out and give it a spin.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. A bit of trivia: it features Arkie Whitely, who was the Gyro Captain's girl in Mad Max 2. Sadly, she died when she was 37.
Old 2nd September 2011, 04:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

RAZORBACK has struck a chord with me since I first saw that Thorn Emi poster in the local fleapit videostore when it was first released-work of ****ing art!

I agree with the above points about Blu Ray.I reckon this beaut would sell tons on hi def,and would look absolutely stunning!

For those who own the ABUK disc,the German or Aussie S.E.'s are worth upgrading to as they contain the 70 minute plus excellent doc 'JAWS ON TROTTERS' and features excellent insight from almost all involved.
They also contain gorier outakes which would make a superb director's cut one day if spliced back in!

A personal fave of mine,below is the editions I own....Unfortunately though,no one has fully used that superb EMI artwork on a dvd release yet.....
The Warner Terror Vision tape is one of two VHS I have left.....

I read somewhere that the Warner Archive disc from the U.S. has these gorier scenes,if so I'll be ordering it...can anyone confirm please?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 130100_f.jpg (87.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 146843_f.jpg (15.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 155150_f.jpg (26.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 197504_f.jpg (62.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 282300_f.jpg (24.8 KB, 3 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th August 2012, 04:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched this one last night and while not my favourite Ozploitation movie I found a lot to like about it even though it was far from perfect overall. It really did have a very distinctive visual style that looked amazing and really had a way of grabbing your attention with the lighting, smoke and isolated Outback setting, the dream sequence as well was so artistic that the film had an elegance not often seen in such low budget movies. Acting wise there were some good performances too. The music score also stood out as well which complimented the movie well but in a weird way as it gave it an almost futuristic sound at times and so added more dimension to it. I also liked the simple but engaging story of people tracking the razorback after having their lives destroyed by it. The big problem I found though was how poor the ending was, you could tell they ran out of budget as it looked so drawn out and uneventful and I can certainly see why this movie isn't for all tastes as it does maybe concentrate a little bit too much on the actual look rather than going for the usual urgency of most Nature On The Rampage movies. I liked it though, I thought it was an engaging movie and a visual and oral treat.

I have it via the Umbrella Ozploitation set and the extras on it are excellent, with a lengthy and in depth documentary, a long audio interview with Gregory Harris, a picture gallery, trailer and best of all the gory deleted scenes which for whatever reason weren't cleaned up and inserted back into the movie. The visual presentation was strong as well. I certainly got my money's worth!
Old 15th August 2012, 08:42 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Glad you liked it Cloudy......those mental landscapes of Mulcahy's would be amazing on hi def!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th May 2013, 07:55 AM
Cultist

I love killer pig films, I brought Razorback at work for just £1.40! .... bargain
Old 15th May 2013, 08:48 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownz View Post
I love killer pig films, I brought Razorback at work for just £1.40! .... bargain
That is a great price. Where do you work?
Old 15th May 2013, 09:01 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That is a great price. Where do you work?
I was working for HMV at the time, I spotted on the system that razorback was selling for £2 and then I got 30% staff discount off, I ordered in a sh!t load to add to my horror section display, I was actually selling them at a loss since the suppliers were selling them us at around £4, not my business though so I didn't care.
Old 15th May 2013, 09:06 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownz View Post
I was working for HMV at the time
I was thinking HMV or Blockbuster as they are just about the only two places where someone can work and buy a new DVD of Razorback!
Old 15th May 2013, 09:13 AM
Cultist

Yea the UK has become horrible for buying films from shops, am really lucky though because I live in Nottingham and we have a Fopp, so I got to fill my boots when that recent sale happened of the Arrow & Shameless releases.

Like this? Share it using the links below!