Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2009, 05:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think Creepshow 2 is one of those films you'll only enjoy when you grew up with it. As a young lad, it was the balls! I can see why many will call it shite, but I still get that nostalgic buzz when I see it.

Didn't Tom Savini play the creep in Part 2? or a bin man? It's been awhile! ha.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 8th May 2009, 09:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I revisit it quite regularly Phil,THE RAFT is class......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th July 2009, 03:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

I like the original Creepshow, as for the sequel I haven't seen it in ages so can't remember too much about it.My favourite stories from the first film are: Father's Day, Something to Tide you Over and The Crate.Philleh, Savini did indeed play the creep in Creepshow 2, he played a bin man in the first film.I really like Savini's fx in Creepshow too, particularly the zombie in Father's Day and the monster from The Crate.
Old 15th July 2009, 04:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I thought Adrienne Barbeau was excellent in "The Crate".I was ready for killing her myself !.Never bothered with Creepshow 3 as I gather it's abysmal.
Old 4th January 2010, 10:40 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Completely forgot about this.Creepshow Raw,the 8 minute pilot episode for a web-based continuation of the franchise with Michael Madsen,produced by Taurus Entertainment,responsible for the dire Creepshow 3 but luckily not directed by the same people.Looks better that the whole of Creepshow 3 (not hard I know)

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=12573
Old 10th January 2010, 10:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

If Universal U.K. ever issued their sp. ed. of Creepshow on BR i'd snap it up right away as i think Warner's U.S. equivalent only offers a trailer for an extra.

Also, has anyone else ever noticed in 'Something To Tide You Over' the shot where Leslie Nielsen takes his gun out of a drawer the ashtray on top of the unit is the same one that Viveca Lindfors uses to clobber her persistently prattling patriarch over the head with in 'Father's Day'?

I also like Adrienne Barbeau's line in 'The Crate' muttered in the background:
"I mean some of these so-called academics make the shark in Jaws look like f*****' Flipper!"!
Old 10th January 2010, 11:33 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Also, has anyone else ever noticed in 'Something To Tide You Over' the shot where Leslie Nielsen takes his gun out of a drawer the ashtray on top of the unit is the same one that Viveca Lindfors uses to clobber her persistently prattling patriarch over the head with in 'Father's Day'?
I believe the ashtray appears somewhere in all the stories.I think they mention it in the commentary.
Old 25th January 2010, 07:39 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Love Creepshow. 'The Crate' being my particular favourite followed by 'Something to Tide You Over'.

I'm not really crazy about Creepshow 2, it's alright. The Raft and The Hitchiker are decent little stories, but I just think they lost something. Creepshow is definately a product of the 80's, but I think it has rather a timeless quality about it, whereas Creepshow 2 is a dated 80's movie.

As far as Creepshow 3 goes, I can't see me ever watching it, I got burned once with DOTD 2. There is though a true Creepshow 3 in spirit at least with the film 'Tales From the Dark Side'. This was meant to be Creepshow 3, but it was decided to brand it as TFTDS because the TV series of the same name was successful. I haven't watched it all, and what I did see wasn't rocking my world, but I'll get round to it some day.
Old 25th January 2010, 08:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

i'm selling a Creepshow shirt:
Old 25th January 2010, 10:07 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I recently caught Creepshow again courtesy of the Warner Blu-ray. I was reminded as to just how good it is - it's a shame Romero didn't make any more anthology films (Two Evil Eyes excepted), as he shows a real flair for it.

For now I'll hang onto the Universal SE for the extras and the Blu-ray for the stellar transfer.

Like this? Share it using the links below!