Old 9th December 2012, 02:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I didn't know there were any.
I only thought there were TV movies in the 80's but, apparently not

Two episodes of the series appeared first as stand-alone movies, but were later re-edited into one-hour length (two-parters) for syndication. They were produced as pilots before the series officially began in 1978:

The Incredible Hulk (1977) (distributed in theaters in some countries)
Return of the Incredible Hulk (1977) (also shown overseas as a feature film) – It was retitled Death in the Family for syndication

Six years after the cancellation of the television series in 1982, three television movies were produced with Bixby and Ferrigno reprising their roles. All of these aired on NBC:

The Incredible Hulk Returns (1988) – This marked the first time that another Marvel Universe character appeared in the milieu of the TV series. David Banner meets a former student (played by Steve Levitt), who has a magical hammer that summons Thor (played by Eric Allan Kramer), a Norse god who is prevented from entering Valhalla. It was set up as a back-door pilot for a live-action television series starring Thor. This project marked Jack Colvin's reappearance (and final appearance) as McGee.

The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (1989) – David Banner meets a blind lawyer named Matt Murdock and his masked alter ego, Daredevil. The Incredible Hulk and the Daredevil battle Wilson Fisk (Kingpin of Crime. Daredevil was portrayed by Rex Smith, while John Rhys-Davies portrayed Fisk. This was also set up as back-door pilot for a live-action television series featuring Daredevil. Stan Lee has a cameo appearance as one of the jury members overlooking Banner's trial.

The Death of the Incredible Hulk (1990) – David Banner falls in love with an Eastern European spy (played by Elizabeth Gracen) and saves two kidnapped scientists. The film ends with the Hulk taking a fatal fall from an airplane, reverting to human form just before he dies.

Despite the apparent death of the Hulk in the 1990 film, more Incredible Hulk television movies were planned, including a proposed Revenge of the Incredible Hulk here the Hulk would actually be able to talk. However, all such projects were canceled when Bill Bixby died of cancer in November 1993.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th December 2012, 02:53 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
I didn't know there were any.
images.jpg

images (1).jpg

Yeah one of them was with Thor and then one with Daredevil

Think they were made for TV or maybe extended episodes but i have both of them in a 2 disk dvd set.
Old 9th December 2012, 02:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Thanks Rik and Nordic.

I have the complete Incredible Hulk box set, I've only watched a couple of discs as of yet. I preordered from Play and got it for £19.99 which was an absolute steal.

Oh and the box says in a weedy voice "Don't make me angry"
Rik and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 9th December 2012, 03:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hulk the early 2000 film look totally pathetic and stupid and didn't hear anything good about so didnt watch it, im sure I read that is was that bad and badly panned ang lee try to distance himself from it because he was embarressed, even tho the one 4 5 yrs later was a improvement again it really just didn't appeal to me so never seen it,
Old 9th December 2012, 03:38 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Hulk the early 2000 film look totally pathetic and stupid and didn't hear anything good about so didnt watch it, im sure I read that is was that bad and badly panned ang lee try to distance himself from it because he was embarressed, even tho the one 4 5 yrs later was a improvement again it really just didn't appeal to me so never seen it,
The first modern Hulk was not good i only managed half of it and never watched the rest. The Ed Norton one was a massive improvement nothing special but a good brain turned off sort of film.
Old 9th December 2012, 04:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Once Lee's film got going it was pretty enjoyable. Shame you had to suffer the first hour though.
Old 9th December 2012, 04:15 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Once Lee's film got going it was pretty enjoyable. Shame you had to suffer the first hour though.
So i missed out on an entertaining film due to my lack of patience
Old 9th December 2012, 05:18 PM
Cult Addict

Not really, I thought lee's Hulk was almost typically overblown overratted nafness just like every ang lee film. Don't rate him as a director at all.
Old 9th December 2012, 05:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
So i missed out on an entertaining film due to my lack of patience
There was some decent rampaging and tank and plane smashing, but the first hour was soooo dull.
Old 9th December 2012, 05:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
There was some decent rampaging and tank and plane smashing, but the first hour was soooo dull.
he was also luminous green and was far too big. It's a rubbish film and the constant split screening was very annoying. Eric Bana was good though as was Sam Eliot and Jennifer Connolly.

Like this? Share it using the links below!