Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2010, 09:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah it wasn't bad.The cover must like some of the other SB DVDs are something to be desired.I really wish they would or released the DVDS with the original movie posters.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:28 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Watched LOVE SWINDLER, another classic film of short tales from Li Han-hsiang, with a fantastic cast including Ku Feng, Yueh Hua, Chen Ping and a load of other familiar Shaw faces. Not quite as good as MOODS OF LOVE but still an enjoyable experience.

Old 14th July 2010, 02:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have MOODS OF LOVE and LOVE SWINDLER in my to watch pile.Last time I went to HK they had almost all theSB Erotica type releases in the clearance bin for some reason
Old 14th July 2010, 07:45 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Some of the erotica type titles that were vcd only releases are quite valuable now.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:57 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

watched THE EMPEROR AND THE MINISTER, I really enjoy these Chien Lung films with Tony Liu, they have a real feelgood factor to them.

Old 17th July 2010, 12:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I got these films a while back and was quite disappointed with them.Not terrible films but they were just kind of cheap quicky films that looked they were cranked out 3 a t a time to fill in some double /triple feature some where.
Old 17th July 2010, 12:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I must admit i prefer the '70s and '80s brand of Shaw Bros. martial arts mayhem. The earlier '60s stuff isn't really my bag.
Old 17th July 2010, 12:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Go through the library more SD 73.Theres tons of fun stuff hidden in there.I love their Kung Fu stuff but I tend to favor their non Kung Fu stuff more.
Old 17th July 2010, 12:34 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

I've been pleasantly surprised sometimes with ones that don't look too appealing, i'll try any of them but I must admit that the majority of the musical ones are sitting here untouched
Old 17th July 2010, 12:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
I've been pleasantly surprised sometimes with ones that don't look too appealing, i'll try any of them but I must admit that the majority of the musical ones are sitting here untouched
Oh yeah totally some of my most favorite SB movies are ones
I bought blind not knowing that much about them before hand.I didn't dwell to far in the musical or Drama genres but I do have sme musical DVDs for a friend.

Like this? Share it using the links below!